Thanksgiving dining options?

Madfabriholic

Earning My Ears
Howdy! I'm traveling to Disneyland (hooray!!!!!!!) the week of Thanksgiving. I know, we're crazy, but it's the only time that worked for our schedules... We're a family of 5- grandma (70s), myself and my husband (40s), and 2 teens.

We've been at Xmas, Halloween, Spring Break, and the week of the 4th of July, but never Thanksgiving. It's getting near time to make our dining reservations, but I can't seem to find info on Thanksgiving special options. Would greatly appreciate suggestions for actual Thanksgiving day meals- I think I've heard of special buffets or feasts? We find that with the varied food preferences in our group, buffet options are often good for us.

Thank you all!

I know there was one for Storyteller's last year. I planned on going, but was invited to a larger group somewhere else and ended up cancelling our reservation. You will want to reserve the day it becomes available. They sell out very fast. I think there was another for the Disneyland Hotel.

I know there was one for Storyteller's last year. I planned on going, but was invited to a larger group somewhere else and ended up cancelling our reservation. You will want to reserve the day it becomes available. They sell out very fast. I think there was another for the Disneyland Hotel.
Thank you!

Last edited:
Most of the restaurants will have special Thanksgiving options. If you are looking for a sit down meal you need to book that the day it becomes available. However, from experience on attending on Thanksgiving in the past, dinner time on Thanksgiving day 2pm-7pm is much slower in the parks so I suggest making a reservation at somewhere fancy (Carthay Circle or Napa Rose) for Wednesday night and then do quick service meals on Thanksgiving day.
CC will generally have their regular seasonal menu available and then add a more "traditional" Thanksgiving entree. Napa Rose will do the same, both have very diverse menus so they are good options for a group.

Most of the restaurants will have special Thanksgiving options. If you are looking for a sit down meal you need to book that the day it becomes available. However, from experience on attending on Thanksgiving in the past, dinner time on Thanksgiving day 2pm-7pm is much slower in the parks so I suggest making a reservation at somewhere fancy (Carthay Circle or Napa Rose) for Wednesday night and then do quick service meals on Thanksgiving day.
CC will generally have their regular seasonal menu available and then add a more "traditional" Thanksgiving entree. Napa Rose will do the same, both have very diverse menus so they are good options for a group.
Oooh, good idea- thx!

We did Carnation Cafe a few years ago for a classic Thanksgiving dinner. I was told 3 or 4 years ago that most places should have some sort of Thanksgiving Esqu meal for the day including counter service. I would assume it would still be accurate this year

I think I've heard of special buffets or feasts? We find that with the varied food preferences in our group, buffet options are often good for us.

Storyteller's Cafe in the GCH and the PCH Grill in the Paradise Pier each offer dinner buffets. Last year, they included characters as well. The Disneyland Hotel hosts a very pricey and apparently elaborate character buffet in the ballroom. I believe Goofy's also is still open for dinner that day, and they serve their typical buffet with holiday menu items added.

We love the Disneyland Hotel "Royal Feast".... Storytellers is also very good. Napa Rose will have a nice dinner also. And Goofy's will be good too.

Howdy! I'm traveling to Disneyland (hooray!!!!!!!) the week of Thanksgiving. I know, we're crazy, but it's the only time that worked for our schedules... We're a family of 5- grandma (70s), myself and my husband (40s), and 2 teens.

We've been at Xmas, Halloween, Spring Break, and the week of the 4th of July, but never Thanksgiving. It's getting near time to make our dining reservations, but I can't seem to find info on Thanksgiving special options. Would greatly appreciate suggestions for actual Thanksgiving day meals- I think I've heard of special buffets or feasts? We find that with the varied food preferences in our group, buffet options are often good for us.

Thank you all!
We're going the week of Thanksgiving too for the first time! So excited to see the holiday decorations! I think we've decided either Carnation Cafe or Rainforest Cafe for Thanksgiving. We've been to Carnation, but not Rainforest. Otherwise we just do quick service places for most meals, good luck deciding and have fun!!

Help~I did get an evening reservation for Steakhouse 55, but I don't want steak for Thanksgiving. Do you know if they offer a traditional Thanksgiving meal? Also, I booked Storyteller's for 1:50p, they didn't have anything after that time available, I was wondering when the Thanksgiving dinner starts?
I could book an evening Carnation Cafe meal, what do you think of that?
I also saw that Carthay Circle had some availability....???
Any other suggestions? There will just be two of us, my daughter (25) and I, we are excited to go on our very first true girl's trip!
Thank you!

I don't think Thanksgiving starts at Storyteller's until after 2 PM from what I remember last year. We had a 3 PM reservation last year, and it was one of the earlier available reservations. It doesn't appear they have loaded the Thanksgiving dining into the system yet. For Storyteller's, PCH Grill, and Disneyland ballroom, the entries will be specifically labelled Thanksgiving dinner. Another poster says they called in and were told by Disney dining that Thanksgiving bookings don't begin for those locations until Tuesday. This is not unprecedented.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter