The 2009 Vero Beach Adoration and INFO thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone for the kind words.....appreciate it very much.

DVCconvert asks : I have to ask thou, isn't the end of Oct a tad early to shut down the 09 thread??

Well...Rob will take over the beginning of Nov. I think there are only 2 more people vacationing at VB (on this thread) during that month. And I think by Nov-Jan...people are starting to make plans for 2010. So I think we figured it would be a good transition time ? We will link the 2009 thread for sure.

And as for the chair swap....Rob, the contact person at VB is Nicole. We can always run it by her ? If they considered this year's swap went smoothly, then maybe they'd consider another one ? The only issue is we will not be able to conduct here on the DISboards. Chuck informed us of the new rules about swap involving money. So it would all have to be done through PM's or private emails ? I think that makes it a little more difficult though still doable ?

Rob's ideas for the new thread sound very cool....looking forward to it.

Ok....gettin' ready for the FSU vs GA Tech game tonight in Tallahassee ! My first official game in Doak Stadium :thumbsup2

Maria

Thank you Maria for doing such a great job with 2009 thread!

I just made my OVIR Spring Break ressie today for April 2010 and we can't wait!! :yay:

I don't know... the image is showing a crossing pattern resulting in diamond shapes. I can't think of anything at VB that would project a red image and result in that criss-cross pattern... I think you must go back and figure this out.

I think it could be from these type of lights coming from two different angles with the chairs angled a bit as well. With the sky probably pushing the white balance more towards daylight balanced would make the deep yellow light go more red. My best guess, but probably more than anyone would care to read about!
walkway.jpg

hunter128 asked about noseeums.

They are TERRIBLE right now. My arms and legs are covered in bites. I was outside the other night for a total of ten minutes.

The bites are worse than fire ant bites. They are painful and they itch for days.

Hope this helps.

We're leaving Sat and have reservations for an ocean view inn room for 2 nights before heading up to BCV.

I'm a little worried about the noseeums now, though. One of my DDs has fairly severe eczema, so she doesn't do very well with bug sprays (can trigger a flare-up), but itchy bug bites would also be pretty bad news for her compared to someone with healthy skin.

If we stay inside at dawn and dusk, would noseeums still be a problem? (Are they out during the day?)

I've heard that they can fit through window screens - are they also a problem inside the Inn?

You should be fine if you stay in at dawn and dusk. We also usually aren't bothered if we are in water.

Don't worry. They are not out during the day. Enjoy the sunshine. We have never had a problem with them inside the inn.

I am at Vero Beach right now. It is HOT, HOT, HOT! Sun and Mon there was a great breeze, and did not have any no-see-ums. Today we did! I use Avon's bug spray with Picardin and it works great!

I am at Vero Beach right now. It is HOT, HOT, HOT! Sun and Mon there was a great breeze, and did not have any no-see-ums. Today we did! I use Avon's bug spray with Picardin and it works great!

Ahhhhh!! :goodvibes Enjoy it while you can!! You'll be coming home to winter!! :cold:

Thanks everyone for the kind words.....appreciate it very much.

Well...Rob will take over the beginning of Nov. I think there are only 2 more people vacationing at VB (on this thread) during that month. And I think by Nov-Jan...people are starting to make plans for 2010. So I think we figured it would be a good transition time ? We will link the 2009 thread for sure.

And as for the chair swap....Rob, the contact person at VB is Nicole. We can always run it by her ? If they considered this year's swap went smoothly, then maybe they'd consider another one ? The only issue is we will not be able to conduct here on the DISboards. Chuck informed us of the new rules about swap involving money. So it would all have to be done through PM's or private emails ? I think that makes it a little more difficult though still doable ?
Maria

If memory serves me I turned the thread over to Maria about the same time last year. As she said the 2009 stays are coming to an end and 2010 planning is in full swing.

One thing I want to make clear.... I know starbox spent MANY hours doing the chair swap the first year and I offered to take over the thread in 2008 if she was planning to do the swap again in 2008, which she did. I offered the thread to Maria for 2009 and was floored :scared1: when she chose to also do a chair swap. All went well and Maria is deserving of :worship:

I will NOT be adventuring into chair swap territory. Nope, not me, no way, not happening. :upsidedow

Picaridin seems to be the key. Cutter Advanced also has it. Have a great rest of your stay Hope.

:beach:

Good Golly!
I've gotto be down at DVB in a couple weeks! I hope the nice higher than seasonal temps continue!!!!
:)

Just checking in to say a HUGE THANK YOU to you guys for taking over the thread and keeping it alive and active. I think we just may have the longest running continually updated thread/community on DVC Disboards!

I truly did not imagine that it would become such a "family reunion" feeling place when I started it 3 (4?) years ago.

I still love this thread - love hearing about everyone's trips. God willing and the creek don't rise (probably should not be saying that in Georgia- but, oh well....) our family will be in Vero for all of June. Would love to meet up with some of you that I've not had a chance to meet.

I will NOT be adventuring into chair swap territory. Nope, not me, no way, not happening.
Can't say I blame ya Rob. It is a big undertaking. Keeping lists....accounts of money....communications with the resort......clear and concise swap lists. It's alot. Just because Rob is understandably opting not to take on this task, I suppose doesn't mean anyone else who is inspired to do so couldn't ? The big difference this year though is everything would have to be done off the DIS. I feel that makes it even more difficult. If one has to email people privately, it just takes alot more time and one needs to be alot more organized.

And "thank you" starbox for starting the VB thread......great move on your part :flower3:

Maria

God willing and the creek don't rise (probably should not be saying that in Georgia- but, oh well....)

Ironic isn't it? Wasn't it two years ago you were dealing with a record setting drought?

Hope things just stabilize for you all for a while. :)

Ironic isn't it? Wasn't it two years ago you were dealing with a record setting drought?

Hope things just stabilize for you all for a while. :)

Clearly, we've managed to royally mess up our Georgia ecosystem - or made the rain gods veeeerrrrrry angry.

:guilty: I really miss the sun. I assume there is still a sun out there somewhere shining???:sad1:

Moving to Vero looks better every single dark and dreary cold and rainy day.

Does anyone have a direct phone number for VB Resort front desk?
I'm also looking for rack rates for the beach cottage for August 2010.
I had a brachure from the resort with those rates and I can't find it!
Thanks

Hello all. So glad I found this thread. I have spent a good chunk of my day at "work" reading it!!! I have a ressie at VB in an OVIR with requests of upper floor and ocean facing for next Feb 16, 17 and 18. My DD is visiting a couple of colleges in Ft. Lauderdale and Coral Gables, so I thought we'd combine that with a few days at the beach. Very glad I learned about the Inn room option here. We've been spoiling ourselves with 1BR units for awhile, but to be honest we all really prefer sleeping in beds!! :)
Thanks to all for your knowledge, advice and friendship.
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter