The adventures of Tiggerdad (A collection of camping locations, mishaps, reviews, alterations, food, and whatever else I can find)

So nice of you to build a covered camping spot for us when we come down to check out Laurel and GSP. :)

Looking good. That is a lot of work.

j
Man anytime! It's right next to one of my lakes too! Good fishing.

So nice of you to build a covered camping spot for us when we come down to check out Laurel and GSP. :)

Looking good. That is a lot of work.

j
Jim, You might want to be careful.
You have inadvertently pointing out that, thanks to to the covering this will be a Considered a PREMIUM Site
His response cited below needs to carefully considered. The adjacent LAKE he mentions means a WATERFRONT VIEW.
Man anytime! It's right next to one of my lakes too! Good fishing.
I am inclined to believe the Tonnage of Bait corn and Peanuts might make the price per night a bit cost prohibitive. To say nothing of nothing of the potential cost what the HOME GUARD might damage or repurpose.

Oohhh!!!! Road Trip

Duel 50 amp is being installed
Jim, You might want to be careful.
You have inadvertently pointing out that, thanks to to the covering this will be a Considered a PREMIUM Site
His response cited below needs to carefully considered. The adjacent LAKE he mentions means a WATERFRONT VIEW.

I am inclined to believe the Tonnage of Bait corn and Peanuts might make the price per night a bit cost prohibitive. To say nothing of nothing of the potential cost what the HOME GUARD might damage or repurpose.

Man, if you had any idea how much "critter" food we go through...
Ya , Mike. But how much can premium lakefront be in Mississippi? :worship:

j

About $1.50 a night. $2.35 if you want the mosquito netting (only slows them down).

@tiggerdad,

Are you feeding any catfish in that pond?

The Yankees might want to come down south and noodle some biggun's. That might be worth a whole $3 a night.

Ed

PS - Then take them Snipe Hunting for another dollar a night per person. :rolleyes1 Or frog giggin'. "It's the other White Meat". 🐸

Last edited:

@tiggerdad,

Are you feeding any catfish in that pond?

The Yankees might want to come down south and noodle some biggun's. That might be worth a whole $3 a night.

Ed

PS - Then take them Snipe Hunting for another dollar a night per person. :rolleyes1 Or frog giggin'. "It's the other White Meat". 🐸

LOL

Yes, catfish, bass, bream. To be honest you could probably reach in and pet them. I'm well know for spoiling local wildlife.

Sniping here is a well enjoyed past time. Except on Sundays and Halloween.

Been noodling before. On Sypsey River in northern Tuscaloosa county. Nearly drowned once with a 15 pounder. Enough for me.

I believe I found the reason Dear Ole Tiggerdad is required to stay in the Parking Lot while a Church.
I would love to attach the link but am not that tech savvy. Look up Mississippi Squirrel Revival on YouTube. I certainly answers a lot of questions.

Last edited:
Good morning from Gulf State Park!

Scored an unbelievable last second memorial day weekend campsites down here. This morning we are on site 12, lakefront.
20230526_060055.jpg

Great sunrise!
20230526_060126.jpg

We are on this site until 11am then moving over to site 249, still lakefront for rest of the weekend.

Taking our chances with the yellow flies and my DW as some of you remember from prior Dismeets she don't do well with them. She brought the long sleeves and pants this year.

Pro Tip: Peek into the pool before jumping in. Especially at night.
That ends our PSA. Please continue.
5cb6ba8a-fcc4-4306-8b17-6ac49c30f2d3_text.gif

Got moved over to 249 and decided to beat the masses coming down for holiday. Went to one of our favorites:
20230526_115458.jpg

Started with salad bar
20230526_115954.jpg

Had the alligator bites as appetizer
20230526_120349.jpg
Main course shrimp au gratin and potato.
20230526_121951.jpg

Girls are shopping in strip mall here at restaurant and my job is hold bags and people watch.

View attachment 763249

Got moved over to 249 and decided to beat the masses coming down for holiday. Went to one of our favorites:
View attachment 763250

Started with salad bar
View attachment 763251

Had the alligator bites as appetizer
View attachment 763254
Main course shrimp au gratin and potato.
View attachment 763256

Girls are shopping in strip mall here at restaurant and my job is hold bags and people watch.

We ate there last month too, @tiggerdad.

The Original Oyster House in Gulf Shores carries my DW's title as Her Favorite Restaurant in Gulf Shores.

Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter