The College Program Questions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey. yet another question. my college isn't having the presentation until nov 5th. and its only october now. this presentation is for spring 08 i hope right? my college hasnt even put up any flyers yet, but it's on the college program site. It better be for spring 08 becuase that's when i want to go haha!

anyone have any ideas if it's for spring?

Yes. Schools are currently recruiting for the Spring/Spring Advantage 2008 programs. The recruiting for the Fall programs takes place in the spring.

I am a mom who has some questions for all you vets of the CP.

1. How old were you/what year in college were you when you did your first CP? We would like our DS to complete his first year away at school before doing the CP. He, however, is ready to go for Spring 08 after only one semester at school. (He has already interviewed.)

2. Has anyone done the Fall program? I'll be honest...I'd hate to have my son away for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Do you get time to go home during your CP?

3. And finally...has anyone done a summer CP after completing the full Fall/Spring one? Is housing provided for summer only?

Thanks for all your help.

1) I have done 3 CPs. My first CP was my first year in school, Spring 2005. I was 19 years old and it was after my first semester.

2) My 2nd CP was Fall Advantage 2006. That was my favorite CP so far by alot. You do get days off but usually they are not the same weekly. So you would have to try in advance to get 4 days off (Fri-Mon, 2 weeks worth of days off). I loved being in FL for the holidays. Also, CPs almost always work them.

3). I have done an "unofficial" summer CP. They do not do them every summer however. For summer CPs, housing is provided.

A lot of you are talking about the way Disney measures your height (specifically for character performers). I am 5"3 so where would that put me (approximately) under Disney's standards? Also--is there some sort of place or webpage that shows roughly which characters are which heights? I see you guys spouting off a few here and there, I'm just curious in general. Sorry for all the questions but I know that you guys will give me the right answers

A lot of you are talking about the way Disney measures your height (specifically for character performers). I am 5"3 so where would that put me (approximately) under Disney's standards? Also--is there some sort of place or webpage that shows roughly which characters are which heights? I see you guys spouting off a few here and there, I'm just curious in general. Sorry for all the questions but I know that you guys will give me the right answers

Real height is different then Disney height. However, 5'3 would be friends with Chipmunks. And no, there is no website that lists that stuff. However, if you would like to know I can send you a PM.

chuchubipretu,
I am not a veteran of the CP but am currently doing it now. I can answer a few of your questions. :)

1) I graduated from college in May '07, so I am doing the CP the semester after I graduated. I really like that I waited because I didn't have to work anything out with my school (such as credits, etc.) before I left.

2) I have heard that CPs do not get to go home for Thanksgiving and Christmas - those are the busiest holidays for the fall, and CPs will most likely be working during them, unfortunately. If you would like some time off, however, it is recommended to ask for the days off well in advance. I have already scheduled one day off and the request was approved. I am thinking of asking of 2-3 days off the week after Thanksgiving.

My daughter is a CP now as well and will be there over Thanksgiving and Christmas -- she is in a busy attraction at Epcot and was told they could not request specific days off from middle of November through the end of their program but times of day off -- so she could request having the morning of a certain day off but not that whole day or night...

I can't imagine any CP though having the time to get home and back from a holiday even if they did happen to have the two days off right together.

Liz

Real height is different then Disney height. However, 5'3 would be friends with Chipmunks. And no, there is no website that lists that stuff. However, if you would like to know I can send you a PM.

Hi, i'm not really new to this board i just decided to make a name today. Anyway, i went to the open casting call yesterday for princesses and princes. I was not sent home with the first round of people and was super excited b/c i thought i was going to be able to be a princess. They then called six numbers (myself included) and was told that they didn't have the wigs or costumes ready but they thought that we where best suited for the part of a fairy, and we would get called back when the costumes where ready. What i want to know is, does anyone have any idea about these fairies? Also, i measured 5'3 1/2 yesterday. I was told by other disney empoyees that i was too short to be a princess. Is that true? If anyone can help that would be AWESOME!!

hi, um, I have a question, over at the TB me and another person were wondering, can you choose your job and stuff like we want to be Princesses and we were wondering if we had to like work are way up to it or something?
TIA,
Bridget xoxo

Hey all, I'm new here!

This CP sounds like SO MUCH FUN and I would do anything to do it. :wizard: Sadly, I graduated a few years ago. That makes it impossible for me to get in, right? I'm so bummed I missed out on this! GRRR!:mad:

Do they really check with your college to see if you are currently a student? Could I just put my old school on the application and hope they don't check? I would do anything to get in!

hi, um, I have a question, over at the TB me and another person were wondering, can you choose your job and stuff like we want to be Princesses and we were wondering if we had to like work are way up to it or something?
TIA,
Bridget xoxo

You have to be selected through an audition to be a performer.

Hey all, I'm new here!

This CP sounds like SO MUCH FUN and I would do anything to do it. :wizard: Sadly, I graduated a few years ago. That makes it impossible for me to get in, right? I'm so bummed I missed out on this! GRRR!:mad:

Do they really check with your college to see if you are currently a student? Could I just put my old school on the application and hope they don't check? I would do anything to get in!

Unfortunately you have to be a student in school.

*~Hey all what up! Just wanted to post that I was a WDWCP-er in the Summer of 2006, from May 2006-August 2006, I lived in Chatham! Building 8, 8308, 3rd Floor to be exact. I accepted my role as a Lifeguard at Blizzard Beach, then I switched to Outdoor Food at Epcot Center and also picked up shifts to work as a parade controller at the Magic Kingdom for : SpectroMagic and Wishses firework show, yes I was that girl w/ the orange light saber looking wand directing the crowd and yes I was the girl who has the HUGE white Mickey hand waving down from the train station as you walked out for the night from the Magic Kingdom! LOL!

If anyone has a question reguarding the Walt Disney World College Program for this Fall 07 or Spring 07, or anytime just ask away, click on my AIM and IM me OR reply with a post to this thread and I will answer back. As soon as I was done with the College Program, I became a WDWCP rep' for my college for Fall 2006 and Spring 2007. So yeah on top of being a huge DISNEY lover to begin with, been going since I was like baby back in 85' I can answer pretty much any questions you have!

Can you bring your car(hell yes! i did all the way from PA!)
Where are the local supermarkets to shop? ( DO NOT GO TO GOODINGS at the Crossings WAY to expensive)
Affordable gas stations?
Restaurants/Food?
How to get to the Florida Mall?
The nearest Post Office?
etc ..

Any questions feel free to ask!!

woah i totally realized we have so much in common. i havn't done the disney program, i'm hoping to do it in Jan 08.. but the things in common.. ur names katie? i'm caitlin.. ur from bethlehem/allentown pa... ME 2... uve been goin 2 disney since 85.. ive been goin since 87 when i was in my moms belly and almost every year since. lol. n ur in love with a ff? i'm not... but my dad is a fireman lol. that's crazy... i wonder if i know you? what hs did u go 2? i went to nazareth. n go to ncc now... i hope u still check this board n respond lol.

Oh if your working in attractions you of course will be in 1 of the 4 parks lol lucky you!!:) yeah ull find out the day you arrive in check-in, you'll know exactly what attraction and WHAT park!:) that is soo exciting!

No I didn't take any classes, I was there in Summer 2006, first off I don't think they offered any because of Summer, and second there is like NO time to take them! LOL When your not working your sleeping, resting, RELAXING and of course above all, enjoying yourself at the parks and enjoying nights out like at Downtown Disney/Pleasure Island: Thursday's are offcially CP nights there..esp. at Club Motion LOL ull find out all about that! And your right if you do take classes, they are hard to get credit for and they are for fun!! but if you see something you really like go for it!

Your asking is it worth working extra(pick up shifts) definitley .. it is at your leisure! You go on to the computer network it will tell you whats available, the time, location, what you will be doing etc! You look at your schedule and if you have an easy week u can pick something up, esp. if it interests you! For example like I did the parade control in Magic Kingdom, it was sooo much fun I worked a short shift.. 6pm-10pm. I was on Main Street USA helping directing people before after and during SpectroMagic and leading up to the Wishes Fireworks show, after that during the end of the fireworks before anyone really started moving for the exit, we all met up by the train station, put on those HUGE WHITE mickey gloves and waved and said goodnight to everyone leaving the park! it was soooo much fun!

If you do this at all, its mostly towards the END of your program, thats when I did my pick ups, because u are soo overwhelemd and want to do SO MUCH with your own role and when your NOT working, that u wont even have time, and say u dont get to pick up at all thats all ok too!! alot of ppl dont

more randomness.. i dont really kno much bout this site.. but i saw i can c ur site.. n on ur myspace... ur bf runs w/ nancy run? the fire chief there i knew all my life.. he works with my dad... n do u kno kyle h. ( id rather not say his last name on a public thing like this).. i've known kyle 4 a few years.... crazyyyyyyy lol

Unfortunately you have to be a student in school.
Darn, thanks Joanna! Just another quick question, you may not know, but I'm hoping they used the term "student" loosely.

I'm planning on doing Fall 2008 CP. Would it work if I took one or two community college classes in the spring just for fun as electives (that's the cheapest way) and apply while taking those? Soon as they are over, I'm dropping out of the school. Will that work? The requirements say you have to be in school at the time you apply, it doesn't say you can't just drop everything after that. :rolleyes1

I believe you just have to be a full-time student.

I don't believe that is true - I was told by an older woman on the program that you just have to be taking college classes - one or two is fine - that would be a great question to ask at a presentation - anyone can go to those.

Liz

Darn, thanks Joanna! Just another quick question, you may not know, but I'm hoping they used the term "student" loosely.

I'm planning on doing Fall 2008 CP. Would it work if I took one or two community college classes in the spring just for fun as electives (that's the cheapest way) and apply while taking those? Soon as they are over, I'm dropping out of the school. Will that work? The requirements say you have to be in school at the time you apply, it doesn't say you can't just drop everything after that. :rolleyes1

You can be a full-time or part-time student

"Students also must meet any additional criteria their school requires for participation in our program. This may include, G.P.A., grade level, and number of credit hours earned. Schools will be contacted to verify eligibility." that's from the website. But if you have any questions, i would ask the university or at a campus presentation.

I think the school requirements are only if you want to get credit through the school. Obviously if you already graduated you wouldnt need it but I dont think that dropping classes after you've been accepted would work but ya never know.

I think the school requirements are only if you want to get credit through the school. Obviously if you already graduated you wouldnt need it but I dont think that dropping classes after you've been accepted would work but ya never know.
I just spoke to Disney, and they told me the only requirement is that when you apply, you have to be in college and taking at least ONE class. So I think if I take just one class at a community college and apply while taking it, I will be OK. At least, I hope. I would hate to go through all that trouble with taking the class just to find out it doesn't work. :goodvibes

I just spoke to Disney, and they told me the only requirement is that when you apply, you have to be in college and taking at least ONE class. So I think if I take just one class at a community college and apply while taking it, I will be OK. At least, I hope. I would hate to go through all that trouble with taking the class just to find out it doesn't work. :goodvibes

what would be worse is to take the course, apply, and get turned down :scared1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter