The College Program Questions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how long it will take to hear back after you find out you have not been selected for character performer? Is it the usual 2 weeks?

I got my acceptance packet 12 days after my audition. Even if someone has not been selected as a character performer, he or she will be given another choice of a role (provided they were accepted into the program).

I got my acceptance packet 12 days after my audition. Even if someone has not been selected as a character performer, he or she will be given another choice of a role (provided they were accepted into the program).

That's true. It took me about 3 weeks after my audition to get my letter, and that's when I found out I got character attendant. You found out at the audition you were accepted right?

I think I am excepted because I got a letter telling me I could be offereed another role. The wait has just been really long (I interviewed mid-Spetember) and was wondering how long it took after you found out that you did not get character performer.

On the brightside though the said I did awesome on my animation and barely missed the mark for movement. (I think that is pretty good given that I have never danced before in my life) I will try again next time.:)

As of now I hope I get character attendent, attractions, or merchandise.

I think I am excepted because I got a letter telling me I could be offereed another role. The wait has just been really long (I interviewed mid-Spetember) and was wondering how long it took after you found out that you did not get character performer.

On the brightside though the said I did awesome on my animation and barely missed the mark for movement. (I think that is pretty good given that I have never danced before in my life) I will try again next time.:)

my roommate auditioned last spring for a character for the fall and did not get it, she found out late april that she had gotten hospitality so she did get in but not for character.

good luck!

~dopey

..i'm sorry ur parents have negative feelings on the whole thing. my dad knows a guy he worked with whose son did it and he was concerned bc i wont make enough money and ill be far away but i told him that it will be like the real world, you work a lot in the real world and at least this is at WDW. I told him u are guaranteed at least 30 hrs ( u need 20 to pay rent) and that we can just get me a low policy insurance so I'm covered and most ppl take online classes so they hopefully don't fall behind.

..maybe they will change their mind?? mine did thankfully. my roommate was doing it this fall and quit a few weeks ago she was miserable and homesick (only child never more than an hr away from home) so i knew she would not last but I'm hoping to have a more positive experience.

good luck

I'll have my phone interview in a few minutes. I hope I do great.
goooooood luckkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!

what roles are u applying for???

I'm going Jan 7th and I'm working at the BBB, I interviewd on the 12th of sept and got my letter on the 20th! I think now they are backed up with applicants so its taking a bit longer..but good luck!

Got my acceptance packet yesterday (only eight days after my interview :cool1: ). Filled out all the stuff online, picked my arrival date (January 7th) and accepted the merchandise role. Oh these next two months and couple of weeks...hopefully they fly by. AIM: PixieChic86...just in case anyone ever wants to chat.

Well, that's good to hear. When did you audition? Like I said, I found out I didn't receive performer about 5-7 days after the audition, but got my letter about 3 weeks after the audition.

And character attendant and merchandise are good- I should know.:)

Got my acceptance packet yesterday (only eight days after my interview :cool1: ). Filled out all the stuff online, picked my arrival date (January 7th) and accepted the merchandise role. Oh these next two months and couple of weeks...hopefully they fly by. AIM: PixieChic86...just in case anyone ever wants to chat.

Congrats! I did merchandise my first CP, and had a lot of fun.

That's true. It took me about 3 weeks after my audition to get my letter, and that's when I found out I got character attendant. You found out at the audition you were accepted right?

Yup I did, which was a very pleasant surprise - totally wasn't expecting a response that soon! :)

I have a general question about the rooms. I know that if you have 7 roomates (so 8 of you total), it is cheaper but do you all share one bathroom? Just curious. Also--anyone have suggestions for rooming? I sort of want to take a leap of faith and see what I end up with but I have heard lots of horror stories about people having parties (with alcohol) and I am not down with that. Thanks!

okay.. my presentation isn't until nov 5th so i got a lil bit yet... now.. the ppl accepted 4 this spring.. wat r the later dates for check in available? I gotta move in around one of the latest dates, but my presentation isn't til 4everrrrrrr so i was just wondering 4 the ppl scheduling their checkin dates.. wat r the latest ones?

I have a general question about the rooms. I know that if you have 7 roomates (so 8 of you total), it is cheaper but do you all share one bathroom? Just curious. Also--anyone have suggestions for rooming? I sort of want to take a leap of faith and see what I end up with but I have heard lots of horror stories about people having parties (with alcohol) and I am not down with that. Thanks!

I am not positive, but I am pretty sure there is only 2 bathrooms in the 4-BR. I have stayed in the 2-BR and 3-BR apartments at Chatham, and hope to stay in the 3-BR again next time. It was really nice, and cheaper then a 1-BR or 2-BR.

okay.. my presentation isn't until nov 5th so i got a lil bit yet... now.. the ppl accepted 4 this spring.. wat r the later dates for check in available? I gotta move in around one of the latest dates, but my presentation isn't til 4everrrrrrr so i was just wondering 4 the ppl scheduling their checkin dates.. wat r the latest ones?

The dates depend on whether you get Spring or Spring Advantage. The earlier dates will be Spring, while later dates will be Spring Advantage.

I am not positive, but I am pretty sure there is only 2 bathrooms in the 4-BR. I have stayed in the 2-BR and 3-BR apartments at Chatham, and hope to stay in the 3-BR again next time. It was really nice, and cheaper then a 1-BR or 2-BR.

The dates depend on whether you get Spring or Spring Advantage. The earlier dates will be Spring, while later dates will be Spring Advantage.

oh okay thanks.. becuase i have a lot of things to do before i'd go. i was hoping to get in around the 23, 24, 25 or something... i wanna do spring advantage.. im gettin an apartment im not living in their housing, so i got a lot of apartment hunting prior to it all you know. i'm doing all this planning, if i don't get accept ill prolly cry for days haha. i meet the schools requirements... even tho my gpa SUCKS cuz the 1 semister i did bad n it brought it down.. its like a 2.03 but it does say a 2.0 or higher.. so i hope itbeing so close to a 2.0 doesn't ruin it

I was in a 3-bedroom apartment, and there were 2 bathrooms. One bedroom had their own bathroom, while the 4 of us shared the other. It's not bad, you just have to make a schedule or ask before you go into the shower.
As for the alcohol, there are wellness and non-wellness apartments. I believe the wellness apartments are alcohol-free. If you are under 21, you will be in a wellness apartment, which means no alcohol allowed. If you are 21, but not a heavy drinker or partier, you can request a wellness apartment. It was fun to take the risk and I let the lady put in into a group. I asked for the 3-bedroom, but she chose which complex i was staying in. And it turned out to be the best decision I had made!

As for the alcohol, there are wellness and non-wellness apartments. I believe the wellness apartments are alcohol-free. If you are under 21, you will be in a wellness apartment, which means no alcohol allowed. If you are 21, but not a heavy drinker or partier, you can request a wellness apartment.

Oh I know about the wellness apts, but I just heard from four or five people I know they had issues with their roomates (under 21) bringings stuff in and not getting caught. I know how strict Disney is but they can't catch every thing.

Thanks for the clarification on the bathrooms, though. Silly question but I was just curious:goodvibes

I was in a 3-bedroom apartment, and there were 2 bathrooms. One bedroom had their own bathroom, while the 4 of us shared the other. It's not bad, you just have to make a schedule or ask before you go into the shower.
As for the alcohol, there are wellness and non-wellness apartments. I believe the wellness apartments are alcohol-free. If you are under 21, you will be in a wellness apartment, which means no alcohol allowed. If you are 21, but not a heavy drinker or partier, you can request a wellness apartment. It was fun to take the risk and I let the lady put in into a group. I asked for the 3-bedroom, but she chose which complex i was staying in. And it turned out to be the best decision I had made!

I was in a 3-BR at Chatham, and there were 3 baths.

I have 7 roommates in a 4 bedroom apartment. There are 3 bathrooms, but only 2 have showers. So, it's 2 bedrooms share one, another 2 bedrooms share one, and the 3rd bathroom is used by all.

I already posted this in a thread before i realized that this was here. Loooong day so sorry. So I'll post it here too just in case!:surfweb:

For the interview...i read some of the guidelines for dress/hair etc...I have lightened hair, its not my natural colour by anymeans, yet its not an un-natural colour & its been this colour since i was in 7th grade haha...

I am the one on the left...the girl on the right is my DBF since i was 5, her dad is actually a member on the DIS and i never even knew until last year! :rotfl:
l_7a8594bf97535e36af0ca03b9816e2c0.jpg

sorry for this...haha...i'm the one in the middle, one of the only pics. i could find of me without a hat that was recent enough:
n1364820046_30025107_4834.jpg

i usually wear it natural like this...i am the one on the left obviously heehee
n1364820046_30023217_1460.jpg

...will they hire me or is that hair too extreme for disney standards? :guilty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter