The Death Of An American Icon.

King Schultz

I'm a cool rockin' daddy in the USA
I write this with a heavy heart and a belly full of cheap rum.

I just became aware this afternoon one of the greatest actors to ever grace the Silver Screen passed away last October.

He was an inspiration to millions; the characters he played delighted and defined generations of Americans and even some foreigners; his ability to own the characters he played and his nuanced performances will be studied by serious cinephiles for decades to come.

I am of course talking about the great: Toby Tyler

toby_tyler_3.jpg

Yes, Toby Tyler.

Who can forget his epic films like; "Toby Tyler And The Circus" and "Swiss Family Robinson" and "Toby Tyler And The Goblet Of Fire" and "Old Yeller" and "Toby Tyler VS. Godzilla" . . . timeless classics, one and all.

Life will go on, but it will never be quite the same.

:(

I think he was more well known as Moochie than as Toby Tyler which was just one role. Anyway, a true Disney legend even though I liked Tommy Kirk and Tim Considine more.

Man, Toby Tyler and the Circus was a rainy day staple at my elementary school. I have no idea how many times I've seen that movie. My mom loved Spin and Marty so I know him as Moochie too.

Rest in Peace Moochie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter