The Death Of An American Icon.

Colon Cancer. When I see these actors (and other people) die from it I feel real lucky. I survived mine in 1993 at age 50. It is a silent killer as it is advanced when signs appear. I didn't know until I started to bleed. It was at stage 3.

WHATEVER YOU DO GET TESTED FOR IT. THE FIRST STEP IS A STOOL TEST. IF POSITIVE A COLONOSCOPY IS DONE. THE ONLY BAD PART IS DRINKING THAT STUFF TO CLEAN YOU OUT. THAT NOW IS NOT THAT BAD AS THEY HAVE A NEW SOLUTION TO CLEAN YOU. THEY PUT YOU IN A TWILIGHT SLEEP AND YOU DON'T FEEL ANYTHING. YOU GET THE RESULT IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE TEST IS DONE.

The recovery room is interesting, everyone there is passing gas. Explains the nurse with the ear plugs.

That might be the best Public Service Announce ever.

Thanks for posting it Manning, and bless you for beating colon cancer. I'm sure it was a scary and difficult time.

That might be the best Public Service Announce ever.

Thanks for posting it Manning, and bless you for beating colon cancer. I'm sure it was a scary and difficult time.

You can say that again. Also treatments have improved increasing chance of survival. There are trials being done now to treat it using your immune system. They have found out that cancer cells creates a barrier around itself. The immune system does not see the cell thus not attacking it. This new way destroys the barrier enabling the immune system to see it and attack it. That's better than chemo. Chemo is a poison that attacks all cells. Because cancer cells are faster growing chemo attacks them faster. Chemo/radiation is greatly reduced if not needed.

I can tell what kills you is fear and denial The faster you reduce your fear and overcome denial the greater chance you have for survival. To finish it up while I was taking chemo there were 5-10 people in the room. IA new patient joined us that day. Nurse was trying to calm her down, she was scared that chemo would kill her. I looked her in the eyes and said "everyone in the office is going to die. The doctors , nurses you and I. We just don't know when. The best we can do is postpone it. You were told the odds. So do you want to die sooner or later?" she settled down. I apologized to the nurse for sticking my nose in. She said she couldn't have said it any better.

Sorry for the blah blah I just had to express it.

No need to apologize. . . there's always room for the frivolous and serious.

You never know; someone might read this thread this for a laugh and learn something important.

Here's Toby Tyler wearing a hat:

Kevin-Corcoran-as-Arliss-Coates-in-Savage-Sam-old-yeller-38546822-640-480.png

I perused the internets a little and found some some very poignant comments by several celebrities on the death of this great American. Enjoy.

robert-de-niro-pelicula-ferrari-150x150.jpg
"I studied under Lee Strasberg, started in films with Marty Scorsese, and I owe them both a lot. But when it comes to acting I can honestly say everything I know I learned from Toby Tyler. He was a giant of the industry and I studied him for years; how he approached a role, how he became every character he played, how wore a hat. . . I don't know the whole story about the monkey, but I heard some things." Robert DeNiro

2044847-dustin-hoffman-celebrites-a-la-premier-237x237-1.jpg
"Yeah, Toby Tyler. What a talent! Whether it was a young confederate boy, a young farm boy, a young mousekateer, a young circus performer, the young boy who's friends with Pollyanna, a young pioneer boy, a young boy with a shaggy dog, a young boy on a deserted island living in a tree house. . . he could play anything! He was a huge inspiration to me. The monkey? I can't talk about that." Dustin Hoffman

keith-richards.jpg
"Right. Toby Tyler. I definitely remember that cat man. Great actor. He used to hang out at our gigs back in the day, then after we'd nip into a pub and get totally barmy on the old granddad and end up back at the hotel tossing tellys off the balcony. Sometimes he'd bring his mate, Sebastian Cabot along. . . he'd get starkers and really throw a spanner in the works. Great cats man; good times. Real drag they're gone, idn't it? Oh well. life goes on. The monkey? Oh let me tell ya 'bout that cat! He. . a. .. uh. . .zzzzzzzzzzz." Keith Richards

al-pacino-218x218.jpg
"Hooooooooooooooo. . . haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! TobyTyler!!!! The monkey? That my friend, is a story for another day." Al Pacino

;)

Last edited:
William Schallert passing away last month hit me hard. Not surprising given he was 93, but he was in just about every TV show at least as a guest star from 1947 with his last appearance in 2014. That's a career on screen of 67 years.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0769974/

Attachments

• schallert-182037.jpg
    schallert-182037.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 6
And he's with a monkey!

;)

Not just any monkey! That was Mr. Stubbs!

WHY'D YA DO IT, MR. STUBBS?!

I love Toby Tyler. I have forced my daughter to watch it too. She doesn't like it as much.

And I can't remember what I had for lunch three days ago, but I sure as hell remember every word to the Old Yeller song lol

Not just any monkey! That was Mr. Stubbs!

WHY'D YA DO IT, MR. STUBBS?!

I love Toby Tyler. I have forced my daughter to watch it too. She doesn't like it as much.

And I can't remember what I had for lunch three days ago, but I sure as hell remember every word to the Old Yeller song lol

It would be a much better world if every parent would force their children to watch Toby Tyler movies.

I commend you madam!

;)

:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter