The DIS Dad's Club XII: Oh... There You Are Perry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts from the Corn Field...

Why would you wear Flip-Flops to a Corn Maze?
Why would you ever wear Flip-Flops?
Why do people with Ugly Toes always wear Flip-Flops?
Why do you pay money to go to a Corn Maze...then try to find Shortcuts thru the corn?
Why do Smokers feel the need to light up in the middle of a Corn Maze?
Why do Smokers feel the need to light up at all?
Teenage Girls...we are Corn Cops...not people placed in the Corn to scare you...chill out.
Parents...Make your Children behave!
Parents...you are the example...Behave Yourself!!!
"I could not find the Path" is not a valid excuse for cutting through the corn.
Why do people want to run through the Corn Maze?
Why do people who run through the Maze seem surprised when they do a face-plant in the dirt?

And why aren't you allowed in a Corn Maze with a hibachi grill and a stick of butter?

...the one thing that seems to unite us is not a fun place to go and ride cool rides, but the ideal behind that place. We care about our kids, want them to have the "magical" experiences, and actually be there to see it.

Is it really too much to ask for 5 or 6 of us to win the powerball in our respective states and buy up enough of Golden Oaks to start our own Utopian society?:confused3

I am trying. I didn't get one number from Sat's drawing. I'm not sure about owning now at Golden Oak and would have to look at the deed restrictions. I want to own the land underneath my home. It would be nice to win the $37 million Powerball and have to worry about that this weekend.

Sorry to post this off the Scout thread, but I figured I'd try to wrap it up as much as I can.

Fortunately, I don't need to deal with this guy. I can easily move to another Troop or start a new one and I will. I was under the assumption this this was a nice guy who just was too overwhelmed to see what was going on. Now, I see that he sees what is going on, but is firmly in the "boys will be boys"/"make men of them" camp. Also, now that I look at his Assistant Scoutmasters in a new light, I can see that he chose them specifically to be ineffectual. He wants a "Lord of the Flies"-type troup to toughen the boys up.

I should add some context. He has two sons. The oldest is in college and I've never met him. The youngest was Senior Patrol Leader last year and is still around, a lovely and sweet young man who would never bully anyone....and is obviously gay.

Is it starting to become clear now? Because it sure is to me.

Thanks, again, for all your support and advice! A wise group of fathers here!

WOW! And, the week after Don't Ask Don't Tell Policy was repealed.

Can we still ride around in a minivan with fists full of bacon?

:confused3

Minivan Road Trip. I'm in. Can we bring beer too? :drinking1

If anyone is going to WDW after 10/15 and will have a car, Legoland's Grand Openning is Oct 15th:banana: Check out the video on there website it looks really cool:yay: The price seems alittle steep $65 adult, $55 child:eek: But it looks like alot of fun:confused3

Why do you pay money to go to a Corn Maze...then try to find Shortcuts thru the corn?
Teenage Girls...we are Corn Cops...not people placed in the Corn to scare you...chill out.
Why do people who run through the Maze seem surprised when they do a face-plant in the dirt?

First rule of Corn Maze - you do not talk about Corn Maze.

Sorry to hear she's having a rough time of it, hopefully they can get her the help she needs to catch up. I can have a dozen crappy days in a row at work and brush it off but it just kills me dropping DS off for school and spending the day worrying about if he's having a good day.

We have a meeting at Riverside (the new school) Wednesday about it, and my mom's been helping out looking into the before/after school programs for us, (she used to be a director), and it looks good. It'll help she does have one friend at that school already. I really hope she doesn't start to show the loner qualities I developed. Here's hoping for the best...:goodvibes

Must have been a rough weekend at the maize maze.

And why aren't you allowed in a Corn Maze with a hibachi grill and a stick of butter?
If you tried to grill that kind of corn, you'd be very disappointed.:rotfl2:

Now I want to find a corn maze..

OK,

180 days out tomorrow...
Here are my potential ADRs:
Boma -dinner
O'Hana- dinner
O'Hana- character breakfast
Le Cellier- lunch
Mama Melrose- dinner/Fantasmic pkg

Wish me luck!:banana:

OK,

180 days out tomorrow...
Here are my potential ADRs:
Boma -dinner
O'Hana- dinner
O'Hana- character breakfast
Le Cellier- lunch
Mama Melrose- dinner/Fantasmic pkg

Wish me luck!:banana:

O'Hana twice! Yummy! Good luck!

Okay, since I've had real free time tonight, I've started to work on the dreaded trip report...

Crazy From The Heat

The link isn't working for me....:confused3

Good Morning.

Woke up this morning to discover that I had rolled on to my left side in my sleep. That's the ear I had surgery on a week ago. On the bright side, there was a lot less bleeding than I expected, so I didn't tear open the sutures as much as I could have.

And I had done so well sleeping inclined and on my back all week. :laughing: Oh well, hopefully when I go back to the Doc tonight he'll tell me it looks good despite my unconscious attempt to sabotage my recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter