The DIS Dad's Club XII: Oh... There You Are Perry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning Dads,

if anyone is interested I have a fantasy hockey pool on Yahoo. IT is a old school pools with goals and assists getting the points for the skaters and wins and shutouts gor the goalies.

If you are interested the league ID is 38527 and the password is mickey.

http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/discanada2008_2009

The draft is an auto draft so you don't need to be available to draft or even know much about hockey for that matter.

Good Morning.

Woke up this morning to discover that I had rolled on to my left side in my sleep. That's the ear I had surgery on a week ago. On the bright side, there was a lot less bleeding than I expected, so I didn't tear open the sutures as much as I could have.

And I had done so well sleeping inclined and on my back all week. :laughing: Oh well, hopefully when I go back to the Doc tonight he'll tell me it looks good despite my unconscious attempt to sabotage my recovery.

Sorry to, humm, hear that James. Reminds me of the last time I broke my leg. I had an external fixture on it and when I would roll over and drag it across my other leg, well, talk about a awake up call. :laughing:

Good Morning.

Woke up this morning to discover that I had rolled on to my left side in my sleep. That's the ear I had surgery on a week ago. On the bright side, there was a lot less bleeding than I expected, so I didn't tear open the sutures as much as I could have.

And I had done so well sleeping inclined and on my back all week. :laughing: Oh well, hopefully when I go back to the Doc tonight he'll tell me it looks good despite my unconscious attempt to sabotage my recovery.

Ouch... glad you didn't tear it open too bad though.

I had surgery to repair a ruptured achilles a few years ago and they put in a nerve block on the back of my left thigh. I must have rolled over in my sleep that first night because I woke up in excruciating pain. I'd pulled that thing loose and I hadn't been taking any painkillers up to that point.:headache::scared1: It's hard to make a conscious effort to avoid that stuff when you're not conscious.:rotfl2: Good luck with the doc!

Trying to get a Brownie troop for DD. Looks like it isn't going to happen easily if at all. Tiny town, all girls that are interested are already in the troop which meets right after school at 3:10. DD goes to a different school in the next county and doesn't get out of school until ~3:50 and the troop meeting ends at 4:00. Thought about a troop at her school, but she and the other girl (yes there are only 2 of age) aren't enough to make a troop and SWMBO and I can't lead the troop together according to my understanding.

At this point we are probably just going to do what we can and hope the Civil Air Patrol squadron the next county over is still going when she is old enough and hope she is interested.

Living in the hollers of Appalachia isn't all it is made up to be sometimes.

Good luck with that Shawn. I had two reasons to ask. One, I just wanted to know. Two, my DGD is in Girl Scouts and I was thinking maybe I should be involved more. I do buy a ton of Girl Scout cookies from her. :cool1: So, I talked with my DD, her Mother and she told me that the leaders had asked that the parents not come to the meetings. It seems that alot of the other mothers were bringing their younger children and they were making a bit of a mess of the school's media room. But I feel I should be more involved, we'll see if I can get my lazy @$$ in gear. :rotfl2:

'Morning all..

OK,

180 days out tomorrow...
Here are my potential ADRs:
Boma -dinner
O'Hana- dinner
O'Hana- character breakfast
Le Cellier- lunch
Mama Melrose- dinner/Fantasmic pkg

Wish me luck!:banana:

Luck!
Sounds like a good plan to me.

We have a meeting at Riverside (the new school) Wednesday about it, and my mom's been helping out looking into the before/after school programs for us, (she used to be a director), and it looks good. It'll help she does have one friend at that school already. I really hope she doesn't start to show the loner qualities I developed. Here's hoping for the best...:goodvibes

Hope thing keep coming together on this front for y’all. Having an ally already in the fold will help.

Good Morning.

Glad to hear that not too much damage was done. Normal sleep after surgery is always tricky.

Ouch... glad you didn't tear it open too bad though.

I had surgery to repair a ruptured achilles a few years ago and they put in a nerve block on the back of my left thigh. I must have rolled over in my sleep that first night because I woke up in excruciating pain. I'd pulled that thing loose and I hadn't been taking any painkillers up to that point.:headache::scared1:

Having snapped an achilles recently, I can empathizes with that one.
That morning must have been… shall we say… exciting?

It's hard to make a conscious effort to avoid that stuff when you're not conscious.:rotfl2: Good luck with the doc!

:lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2:

So many celebrities I could riff on and attribute that line to, and yet so few of them worth even bothering with.

Mornin' Dads!

Here's to hoping today is a little slower than yesterday.....yesterday was nuts!

Oh....Any Dad's going to be in Vegas next week????

I have a work "conference" next week there. (Really?!? who has a conference in Vegas of all places??!?) :cool1:

Good luck with that Shawn. I had two reasons to ask. One, I just wanted to know. Two, my DGD is in Girl Scouts and I was thinking maybe I should be involved more. I do buy a ton of Girl Scout cookies from her. :cool1: So, I talked with my DD, her Mother and she told me that the leaders had asked that the parents not come to the meetings. It seems that alot of the other mothers were bringing their younger children and they were making a bit of a mess of the school's media room. But I feel I should be more involved, we'll see if I can get my lazy @$$ in gear. :rotfl2:

I hear you on this part I get way to involved when it come to this. I must eat about 20 boxes a week!!!! there are days where I will polish down 4 boxes a day. these thing are the devil in disguise.

You are the second person i have heard this from. It is very weird. Especially since in cubscouts they expect the parents to be involved and then there is the whole child protection training and two deep stuff and to never be one on one with the child. Seems like they are more protective of the boys then they are with the girls. They must not thing a woman will do anything to a girl or something.:confused3

Forgot....

Good Morning......

(Random thought)
Do they even allow the dads to be involved in girl scouts?

You are the second person i have heard this from. It is very weird. Especially since in cubscouts they expect the parents to be involved and then there is the whole child protection training and two deep stuff and to never be one on one with the child. Seems like they are more protective of the boys then they are with the girls. They must not thing a woman will do anything to a girl or something.:confused3

I dont think its that I just think its that women tend to sit there a talk to much and it distracts the kids!!!!!!! I still think it would be a good thing to have parents there and get them involved with the meetings,then they wont have time to sit and chat.

Good Morning.

Ouch! Not a good start for the day when you wake up bloody.

Crummy, crummy day today in S. Florida. Rain all day today. Not Florida "it always rains in the afternoon" rain but ugly, cloudy it is going to rain all day rain. Haven't seen the sun for much in a while now. The drought is pretty much a thing of the past so it can stop now. Tired of it. It better be nice by the weekend because I have a trip in the Keys planned.

At least the kitchen is mostly done. Backsplash needs to be tiled and a few little things. Nice to have a kitchen again. Never again. Some pics.

Before
IMG_0862.jpg

After
IMG_2217.jpg

IMG_2218.jpg

IMG_2219.jpg

No hidden Mickeys yet, maybe in the backslash.

Having snapped an achilles recently, I can empathizes with that one.
That morning must have been… shall we say… exciting?
Yeah... I think I woke up at about 3 am thinking "hmmm... I'm starting to get some feeling back in my leg." At that point I went back to sleep and then woke up again about 20 minutes later. I don't remember for sure what I said, but I'd wager to say that I probably was screaming obsceneties and woke up everyone else in the house.:lmao::rotfl2: The next couple of days were a vicodin daze.

How long ago did you tear yours? That is the worst injury I've ever had.:headache: Almost 3 years later and it still swells up and gets me gimpy once in a while. It amazes me that Dan Persa (Northwestern QB) is getting close to playing football again after tearing his less than a year ago. It makes me cringe just thinking about the possibility of someone rolling up the back of my leg.

At least the kitchen is mostly done. Backsplash needs to be tiled and a few little things. Nice to have a kitchen again. Never again. Some pics.

Kitchen looks good!:thumbsup2

How's the pirate? pirate:

Good Morning.

After my dad had shoulder surgery they told him to wear sleep pants to bed and put a tennis ball in the pocket of the side he had surgery on to wake him up if he rolled that way.HOPE THAT HELPS! I know, I know:lmao:

Looks great:thumbsup2

At least the kitchen is mostly done. Backsplash needs to be tiled and a few little things. Nice to have a kitchen again. Never again.

That’s a lot of change. Looks pretty good.:thumbsup2

Yeah... I think I woke up at about 3 am thinking "hmmm... I'm starting to get some feeling back in my leg." At that point I went back to sleep and then woke up again about 20 minutes later. I don't remember for sure what I said, but I'd wager to say that I probably was screaming obsceneties and woke up everyone else in the house.:lmao::rotfl2: The next couple of days were a vicodin daze.

How long ago did you tear yours? That is the worst injury I've ever had.:headache: Almost 3 years later and it still swells up and gets me gimpy once in a while.

I busted mine left one just shy of two years ago… snapped it clean in half. I ruined the right ankle about ten years ago in a car wreck so I’d felt a very similar type of “pain” before. As such, the moment I busted the left one the relived memory gave me a really good indication of just how badly I’d hurt myself. Now I have a matching set of bad ankles. The tendon break has actually healed better then the older injury although both of them will take a moment to rudely remind of their presence on a fairly regular bases. :eek:

After my dad had shoulder surgery they told him to wear sleep pants to bed and put a tennis ball in the pocket of the side he had surgery on to wake him up if he rolled that way.

That’s a pretty good trick. Now If I can just get through the rest of my life without having to actually implement it, I’ll be doing good.

I busted mine left one just shy of two years ago… snapped it clean in half. I ruined the right ankle about ten years ago in a car wreck so I’d felt a very similar type of “pain” before. As such, the moment I busted the left one the relived memory gave me a really good indication of just how badly I’d hurt myself. Now I have a matching set of bad ankles. The tendon break has actually healed better then the older injury although both of them will take a moment to rudely remind of their presence on a fairly regular bases. :eek:
Tore mine on 1/7/08... about 7 weeks before my wedding. Got to do that whole day in a walking boot. The let me start walking on it without crutches 3 days before the wedding. I was playing basketball and as soon as it happened I knew I'd hurt my achilles, just didn't realize how badly. I didn't see any swelling the next morning so I went ahead and went to work. At the time I was working for the USDA and I had to do a lot of walking that day and measure a corn pile at an elevator in northern Indiana. Needless to say, that was one of the most miserable days of work I've ever experienced and I went to the Dr. the next morning. Mine was torn clean in half too... in fact the surgeon said the top part snapped and retracted like a rubber band. He had to go find the end and pull it back down to re-attach it.

It has healed well and I'd say I'm back to 100% capability with it, but when I play basketball now, it isn't uncommon for me to leave the floor and quit a little early. Once I start to feel a little bit of discomfort, that's enough. I don't want to go through that whole 6 month recovery process again.

Hey Guys.
hiya.gif

Saw today that I'm 99 days out from our next visit to WDW, so that's pretty exciting. :thumbsup2

Also, there's a new Top 5 up on DisDads.com; about Disney Urban Legends. Head over and check it out if you have a sec. And as always, let me know if you'd be interested in giving a top 5 on any topic of your choosing, I'd love to get some other's thoughts in there. As a bonus there will be a random drawing for free bacon to participating disdads each quarter...

Crummy, crummy day today in S. Florida. Rain all day today. Not Florida "it always rains in the afternoon" rain but ugly, cloudy it is going to rain all day rain. Haven't seen the sun for much in a while now. The drought is pretty much a thing of the past so it can stop now. Tired of it. It better be nice by the weekend because I have a trip in the Keys planned.

Before
IMG_0862.jpg

After
IMG_2217.jpg

IMG_2218.jpg

IMG_2219.jpg

Kitchen looks great :thumbsup2

I did our master bath this summer and painted a few hidden Mickey's into my masterpiece. :lmao:

Before
IMG_0862.jpg

After
IMG_2217.jpg

IMG_2218.jpg

IMG_2219.jpg

That is the kind of rain we get here in KY. When it rains, it rains a long time.

Great work on kitchen? When are you heading my way for a remodel? After you finish mine, I'm sure Barry could use your help.

Good afternoon dads.

OK,

180 days out tomorrow...
Here are my potential ADRs:
Boma -dinner
O'Hana- dinner
O'Hana- character breakfast
Le Cellier- lunch
Mama Melrose- dinner/Fantasmic pkg

Wish me luck!:banana:

Those look good. do you get the cheese soup at Le Cellier at lunch on the dining plan? We've done the mama melrose/Fantasmic pkg and really liked it.

Good Morning.

Hope too much damage wasn't done.

We seem to notice that with a lot of the "girl" activities here. Not only is parent participation not desired they try to keep the parents from being too close. Maybe it's more distracting for girls?

Before
IMG_0862.jpg

After
IMG_2217.jpg

Awesome job on the kitchen. I really like the choices you made. Smaller sink for more counter space is a big win.

Hey Guys.
hiya.gif

Saw today that I'm 99 days out from our next visit to WDW, so that's pretty exciting. :thumbsup2

Also, there's a new Top 5 up on DisDads.com; about Disney Urban Legends. Head over and check it out if you have a sec. And as always, let me know if you'd be interested in giving a top 5 on any topic of your choosing, I'd love to get some other's thoughts in there. As a bonus there will be a random drawing for free bacon to participating disdads each quarter...

Woohoo! I am so envious of your marathon weekend trip. I really wish I could do it again this year. Training runs are much better when you know they are prepping you for Disney.

Nice job on the top 5. +1 for tying Disney and snopes together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter