• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

The Disney Box Made Me Do It TRIP REPORT STARTED SEE SIG LINE

they are mega tickets! We have the same exact ones!

:cool1:

It occurred to me I could go with less days and still see it all but really, the difference in days is so small (same ticket type but say 7 versus 9) it's kind of silly not to have 9 and maximum flexibility!

And hey, if it makes you feel better, if we DO end up doing DDP, I'll be adding it at 10 days out.

:rotfl:

Hooray for Park Hoppers! You will not regret it. It's nice to have the option of going to more than one park in a day...adds so many more possibilities!

I love your 1st Cinderella Castle picture and the one of Dumbo during Wishes! Those are really awesome! :thumbsup2

Your MK top 5 list is great!

Single digits, single digits, single digits! I'm going crazy, how about you?!?!? :upsidedow

:goodvibes I can't believe we are in single digits as of today!

I love that picture of the castle and Tim did an awesome job with the Dumbo picture. I look at it and it reminds me of that night--simply awesome!

they are mega tickets! We have the same exact ones!

:cool1:

It occurred to me I could go with less days and still see it all but really, the difference in days is so small (same ticket type but say 7 versus 9) it's kind of silly not to have 9 and maximum flexibility!

And hey, if it makes you feel better, if we DO end up doing DDP, I'll be adding it at 10 days out.

:rotfl:

We have 9 days there, and probably will take a rest day, but the reality is we needed to have the maximum amount of flexibility for our trip. Last year when we were there 8 days, it would have been nice to change up half day in.

LOL, at adding DDP at 10 days out, but it is nice that you have the flexibility with Disney to add what you need when you need it or change your plans.

Single digits. . .one of those things you really strive for. When I logged into Tour Guide Mike this morning, I read the worlds I was so looking forward to. . ."We have 9 days until your Walt Disney World vacation begins on Friday, May 28, 2010!"

I feel it's laughable that Mike presumes we are going to Disney. Is he planning on going with me? :rotfl2:

Either way, we have 9 days until we check in at an offsite resort in Orlando and 10 days until we check in at Port Orleans-Riverside. So, you know what I did bright and squirrely this morning?

Online Checkin, baby!

We're checked in online. Most of our bags have been packed. The itineraries are ready. I've serviced my car.

Now all we have to do is wait 9 more days.

1. Pirates of the Caribbean. This probably used to be at number 5, but in honor of TarzansKat, we are going to have a memorial ride on Pirates this year, making it our number one in things to do while we are at Disney.

And who could miss out on Jack, anyway?

DSC_0120.jpg

First, I'm honored. And Mom would be too. You know, you writing it this way, it's so special to me, and it makes me wonder...just how many DISers that are going this year can we get to take a memorial ride? It's almost like a challenge! :goodvibes

And no one can miss out on Jack!

I know I've mentioned this before, but this is the last ride I went on with my mother, and it was the last day of our trip. My husband and I have discussed starting a new family tradition, making sure that POTC is always the "last ride." :littleangel:

Lovin' the Single Digit Dance!!:banana:

I used on-line check in for the first time on my recent trip....worked GREAT! There wasn't a huge regular line but there was NO line for the on-line window at POFQ. Walked right up, handed them my ID, confirmed details, was handed my packet and map to my room, and voila!:wizard: Major pixie dust to start the trip.

yay for online check-in!!!!!!

I'm very jealous :) I guess Aug will be here soon. I got my schedule request back so I guess I need to start booking things and find WDW CM friends to beg for a discount room haha.

:cool1::thumbsup2:goodvibes:banana::woohoo::dance3::yay::cheer2:
9 More days Yay!

Thanks! We are excited!

First, I'm honored. And Mom would be too. You know, you writing it this way, it's so special to me, and it makes me wonder...just how many DISers that are going this year can we get to take a memorial ride? It's almost like a challenge! :goodvibes

And no one can miss out on Jack!

I know I've mentioned this before, but this is the last ride I went on with my mother, and it was the last day of our trip. My husband and I have discussed starting a new family tradition, making sure that POTC is always the "last ride." :littleangel:

My kids are in on it--they are determined to make POTC the first and the last ride in honor of your mom. But here is the kicker--our arrival date (actually next Saturday)--will be the 8th anniversary of my mom's passing. We're hoping to do a dual memorial.

And yes, no one can miss out of Jack.

Lovin' the Single Digit Dance!!:banana:

I used on-line check in for the first time on my recent trip....worked GREAT! There wasn't a huge regular line but there was NO line for the on-line window at POFQ. Walked right up, handed them my ID, confirmed details, was handed my packet and map to my room, and voila!:wizard: Major pixie dust to start the trip.

I used online checkin last year, but in December, my reservation was corrupt and I therefore did not have the pleasure of using online checkin. I honestly can say that online checkin is a real time saver.

All. Caught. Up. ::yes::

And subscribed.

:welcome

So glad you are here!

party: Single Digits!! party:

:banana::banana::banana:

Woohoo!!! Single digits!!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

:banana:YAY!!!!

Our trips overlap, so I know the excitement of single digits! Have a great visit!

:welcome Going over to check out your PTR.

yay for online check-in!!!!!!

I'm very jealous :) I guess Aug will be here soon. I got my schedule request back so I guess I need to start booking things and find WDW CM friends to beg for a discount room haha.

You'll be there soon enough. The sad thing about the trip being here so soon is the fact that it will be over soon, as well.

I'm trying not to think about that.

OMG, Amanda. Your post makes me want to cry, but happy tears. You've brought your children into the memorial ride, and it's for your mom as well! God bless you. Many, many, many :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: to you and your sweet family.

OMG, Amanda. Your post makes me want to cry, but happy tears. You've brought your children into the memorial ride, and it's for your mom as well! God bless you. Many, many, many :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: to you and your sweet family.

My husband is into it as well, but my girls have been so sweet. They know how much my DISfriends mean to me--never met any of you (talked to Shay on the phone), but I'd do just about anything for ya'll I could.

Hooray for online check in & single digits! :dance3:

:banana::banana:

Wow--We have alot to do! I figured it was time to get my checklist checked off. . .here we are so far:

1. Print Packing List (done)
  2. Charge camera batteries (done)
  3. Clear Memory cards (done)
  4. Confirm dining reservations
  5. Pennies for pressing (done)
  6. Online checkin (done)
  7. Confirm with house sitter (done)
  8. Check Steve Soares' site for show schdules
  9. Finish laundry
  10. Check weather
  11. Check Disney Schedule Changes
  12. Manicure (done)
  13. pedicure
  14. Stop mail (done)
  15. Call bank to confirm travel (done)
  16. wash car
  17. get cash from bank

YOu can see, I have a lot done, but still have some odds and ends.

Also, I got dh a new present for his birthday--a Droid. Since the current offer from Verizon is buy one, get one, I also got a Droid. And it, too is all ready for the trip:

Note the background:

DSC_0727.jpg

And this is a screenshot of the Unofficial Guide's mobile site--

(None of the info is not available for free on the site right now)

DSC_0726.jpg

I also have all of my ADRs in the Calendar. It merges with Google calendars, so it's real helpful. I also noticed that when I added the Facebook Application, it mergred all of my Facebook contacts into my phone. This apparently, is Google's answer to the iPhone. I have some issues with AT&T, namely being the fact that I don't understand why my basic service in the house for AT&T was $150/month when i didn't have service every other day if it was raining. We live down a country road and they refused to service our lines and charged us an arm and a leg for it.

Then we have other things going on for the trip. Like:

Our countdown calendar--a scrapbook page.

20100509012.jpg

And the Disney binder:

20100509009.jpg

20100509011.jpg

Itinerary--Tour Guide Mike stuff blocked out:

20100509010copy.jpg

Ridemax

20100509008.jpg

UG Cheat sheets and maps

20100509006.jpg

Budget page

20100509005.jpg

Menus:

20100509004.jpg

Disney documents:

20100509003.jpg

We're almost ready--and guess what?!? We go to DIsney World THIS WEEK!

I love your countdown calendar!! Would you mind if I borrowed your idea???

P.S. My Droid has the exact same background! :thumbsup2

wow!!! so organized!! I was going to write and ask if you were going to update today and you beat me to it!!!! I can't wait for those final packing pictures :)

I love your countdown calendar!! Would you mind if I borrowed your idea???

P.S. My Droid has the exact same background! :thumbsup2

You can borrow any idea I post--if I didn't want them borrowed, I wouldn't post, lol!

I love that background! I would love one of the fab five and there are some great ones from Verizon, but I'm not paying for stuff I can get for free.

I'm not cheap. . .I'm conservative. :rotfl2:

Really, it is a great background, though.

wow!!! so organized!! I was going to write and ask if you were going to update today and you beat me to it!!!! I can't wait for those final packing pictures :)

LOL, I had to get one out--it's Sunday! YOu aren't the only one ready for the final packing picks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter