• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The drink class on the ships

SL6827

DIS Veteran
My daughter and her boyfriend (probably husband when we go) are wanting to do the "mixology" class or what ever it is called on the Dream when we cruise next year. Any info, tips, cost?

I think it was $25 or so on the Fantasy last summer. Went with my two SILs... had a blast! Some people actually got to make the drinks...I regret that I didn’t write down what we had at the time, Since I really loved a couple of the drinks.

We didn’t actually book until we were on the ship because it had already filled up online.

I think it was $25 or so on the Fantasy last summer. Went with my two SILs... had a blast! Some people actually got to make the drinks...I regret that I didn’t write down what we had at the time, Since I really loved a couple of the drinks.

We didn’t actually book until we were on the ship because it had already filled up online.
Oh, so it fills up online first, wow!!!

Yes, the Mixology and other drink classes fill up really fast from what I understand...But it might vary by cruise.

The current cost is 25$. For that cost, you get 5-6 drinks. The structure of the class varies depending on the bartender and the CDC level of the ship. It is sometimes hands-on and sometimes a demonstration only

If you are not able to get a spot online, make sure you go to guest services once you are onboard as not all of the classes will show up online. For example, on the Magic in December, we were able to move our Mixology class to a better time for us, and we were able to book a Beer Tasting which never appeared online.

We did the Mixology class and enjoyed it. Everyone got to make a drink and we got the recipes. Well worth it!

The Boss Lady and I did the Mixology class on the Fantasy for our first cruise. I think I enjoyed it, five stiff drinks in an hour is a bit more than I am used to these days.

Well I am hoping they will have one of these on our sea day so that will give them something to look forward to on that day. I might try to spend some time in the spa.

My DB and DSIL did the mixology on our last cruise. They said it was great but a lot of drinks: 5 drinks (not tastings) in the hour-long class.

It depends on the person, but I don't see this as an issue! 😬
They are smaller drinks, but don't do a wine tasting afterwards too. Ask me how I know :rotfl2: I really understand that night how someone could accidentally go overboard and stayed far away from the railing.

My husband and I did the tequila and margaritas tasting on the magic last week. I was great fun. I highly recommend it!

For the mojito class on wonder, do cruisers still get to make it or will the bartender do it now?

For the mojito class on wonder, do cruisers still get to make it or will the bartender do it now?

It may vary by ship and cruise but for the Fantasy this January, the Mixology class this time did not include as much involvement in drink-making as we had had on the Dream in 2018. (No one goes behind the bar but but some volunteers get to muddle or pour liquor into the set-ups.) It was still a fun time but not nearly as "hands-in." Safety, safety, safety I suppose.

It may vary by ship and cruise but for the Fantasy this January, the Mixology class this time did not include as much involvement in drink-making as we had had on the Dream in 2018. (No one goes behind the bar but but some volunteers get to muddle or pour liquor into the set-ups.) It was still a fun time but not nearly as "hands-in." Safety, safety, safety I suppose.
I think guest participation depends on the ships current CDC level.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter