• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Dry Heat Expedition (Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Disneyland)--UPDATE 6/12 (KSC and DTD)

Very happy to see you have started this TR! I actually checked this forum yesterday to see if it was here!

Love the intro and can't wait to see how all went.

I'm here and excited to read this report! I'm a little scared, though. :scared: But I'm sure it will be a fun ride, even with the obstacles.

HERE!!!!

I'm leaving my mark so your thread shows up in my UserCP. I'll be back to read when I'm not exhausted. :lmao:

I'm in. Feels like going over a certain bridge in Delaware, you know it isn't going to end well but you like the adrenaline rush.

I'm going to try to keep up with this one! Except for that two week vacation that I leave on tomorrow afternoon. So I'll probably fall completely behind right off the bat. :headache:

I'm here...back to read.

****Great intros, as always, Mark. I am :lmao::lmao::lmao:

:welcome: Kathy! Once again, you get the "first post" prize.

Joining in and also joining in.
I’m also maintaining a backup plan of joining in.

dis-gon-b-gud.gif

:welcome: Rob! Let me know when you're ready to join in.

:rotfl2::lmao:

great introduction!!!!

:welcome: Magdalene! Great to have you here!

OMG...I'm rolling right now. Fantastic start!

Jill in CO

:welcome: Jill! Thanks for reading along!

Just the font had me cracking up.

First thing I will do when get home is read. Stopped at a light now so I think I should wait.

:welcome: Pat! Please don't DIS and drive. I don't want to be responsible. :rotfl2:

I'm here. I'll be back eventually to read.

:welcome: Andy! Great to be the recipient of such enthusiasm!

Joining in. Great start! I can tell this is going to be a fun TR. :lmao:

:welcome: Usually the intro is the most fun part. It's all downhill from here.:thumbsup2

Great start to the TR. So if Sarah is going to follow in her mother's footsteps and marry at 13, you better start working on finding her a suitor... :rolleyes1

I just did the math from your introductions... :confused3

:rotfl2:

Sarah will marry when she's 40. No suitor will be good enough, trust me on that.

:welcome: Alison!

Joining in on the fun! I usually catch your reports mid-to half way done so I don't post. I'll make it a point to change that since I found this one early on.

:welcome: Lisa! You know, it's funny--I'm the same way with your TR's! I've seen you around, but every time I find a TR of yours it's really far along and I figure there's no way for me to catch up. I'd better get my act together!

Thanks for the signal flare. I definitely needed to be rescued from my mundane workaday chores. Now back to read...

:welcome: Glenn!

...okay, I'm back. I'm just picturing those poor government agents (DIS-friendly term) in the Department of Analysis and Redundancy Department who had to pore through those inane notes of Adult (allegedly) #1. Jackets off, sleeves rolled-up, ties loosened enough to be comfortable but still meet the acceptability standards of the higher-ups, ashtrays full of cigarette butts, and coffee-stains on documents spread across the conference room table. They knew if they messed this up, they were going to be in for it.

Yeah, that's right.

If they messed this up...

their next assignment........

would be.............................

in the highway department. :scared1:

NOOOOOO!!!!:rotfl2:

Pretty interesting how they work in the same room we use to look up movie quotes... :scratchin

Count me in!! Have really enjoyed your previous adventures - especially Hawaii. Will do my best to keep up! :flower3:

:welcome: Christine! Glad to have you here!

Don't mind me, I'm just here to lurk...

lurking.jpg

:welcome: Randall!

I'm watching you, Wazowski...always watching...

IM in! I am currently reading your Hawaii TR & saw this & said Why Not--get in on the "ground floor". So ready. I really enjoy your writing style & sense of humor! Keep up the good work!!
Debbie

:welcome: Debbie! Thanks for reading my drivel and I hope you'll continue to chime in!

Welcome back and can't wait to hear about your trip! Will be back to read:)

:welcome: Alicia! Great to have you here from the start!

Oh Yes another Captain report. :cool1: I hope at least on this adventure you updated the family portrait. :rolleyes1

I am sure you made lots of memories and yes the bad ones will become funny eventually.

I sure hope so. Don't worry, on the whole it was a great trip. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the signal flare! :woohoo: So excited to read about your trip after seeing some of your FB posts from the road! :thumbsup2

:welcome: Marv!

Signing on so I can come back later and read. Right now I'm trying to get all packed for my next great adventure........ :goodvibes

Oooh, where are you headed? WDW? Someplace else?

:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl: I love the hastily photoshopped family portrait! It's perfect!

I also love that Julie married you when she was 13! You really are a cradle robber! :rotfl:

Thanks for the bat signal!

:welcome: Mary Ellen! I thought about posting Julie's milestone birthday video here, but that might shatter the illusion of her eternal youth.

Very happy to see you have started this TR! I actually checked this forum yesterday to see if it was here!

Love the intro and can't wait to see how all went.

:welcome: Thanks for reading! And I hope this doesn't disappoint you!

I'm here and excited to read this report! I'm a little scared, though. :scared: But I'm sure it will be a fun ride, even with the obstacles.

:welcome: Don't worry, there are no obstacles. Only opportunities. Or something like that.

:welcome: Camille!

HERE!!!!

I'm leaving my mark so your thread shows up in my UserCP. I'll be back to read when I'm not exhausted. :lmao:

:welcome: Tim! And next time, don't leave your mark like that. It stinks up the joint, you know?

I'm in. Feels like going over a certain bridge in Delaware, you know it isn't going to end well but you like the adrenaline rush.

:welcome: CJ! The whole "I have a bridge to sell you" bit doesn't work on you, does it?

:welcome: Ellen! Sounds like you're having fun.

I'm going to try to keep up with this one! Except for that two week vacation that I leave on tomorrow afternoon. So I'll probably fall completely behind right off the bat. :headache:

:welcome: Barry! It wouldn't be a legitimate TR unless you fell behind, would it? :confused3:rotfl:

:welcome: Rob! Let me know when you're ready to join in.

Just trying to be sufficiently redundant.
If I were a NASA engineer, I’d have a backup plan for the backup plan. Then there’s be an additional team standing by to ensure that they can devise a contingent method of joining in that involved building a signaling device out of a discarded plastic grocery bag, dirty socks, a busted air hose, a frozen hotdog and sixteen feet of duct tape… Just in case all the other plans failed.

Oh, and pyrotechnics. Never forget the pyrotechnics.
zFireworks_zps216e135b.gif

Sarah will marry when she's 40. No suitor will be good enough, trust me on that.

Brilliant! Being as she, like her mother, will also never age past 29 years, you’ve devised a nearly fool proof plan there.

Of course I’m also figuring that you’ve got some type of backup plan for when that one fails miserably… right?

So once again I win diddly squat, right? :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Nonsence… You get two lovely prizes.

Diddly and Squat.
Congradulations!

popcorn:: Joining in for another Captain Oblivious family adventure! popcorn::

:welcome: aboard! Great to have you back!

Just trying to be sufficiently redundant.

You can never have too much redundancy. You can never have too much redundancy.

If I were a NASA engineer, I’d have a backup plan for the backup plan. Then there’s be an additional team standing by to ensure that they can devise a contingent method of joining in that involved building a signaling device out of a discarded plastic grocery bag, dirty socks, a busted air hose, a frozen hotdog and sixteen feet of duct tape… Just in case all the other plans failed.

"We need to make this...fit into the hole for this...using nothing but this."

Oh, and pyrotechnics. Never forget the pyrotechnics.
zFireworks_zps216e135b.gif

:woohoo: Heaven forbid we leave that out!

Brilliant! Being as she, like her mother, will also never age past 29 years, you’ve devised a nearly fool proof plan there.

::yes::

Of course I’m also figuring that you’ve got some type of backup plan for when that one fails miserably… right?

Well, I have a shed in the back yard I can escape to.

Nonsence… You get two lovely prizes.

Diddly and Squat.
Congradulations!

Well said!

"We need to make this...fit into the hole for this...using nothing but this."

“...rapidly.” :thumbsup2

Well, I have a shed in the back yard I can escape to.
Don’t think that one’s quite going to cut it

Now, if said shed were to have a dirt floor (or a trapdoor allowing access to the ground below) and this shed also contained a variety of well-maintained digging implements…

Then you might have the makings of a solution to the unwanted suitor issue. :rolleyes:

The thing I find funny about this is how fathers think they have control over this. My BIL swore that he would be cleaning his shotgun when my nieces dates came to pick her up. He swore that it would be years before she married. Just three months ago my 19 years and 45 days old niece shacked up with her boyfriend! :lmao:

Now, if said shed were to have a dirt floor (or a trapdoor allowing access to the ground below) and this shed also contained a variety of well-maintained digging implements…

Then you might have the makings of a solution to the unwanted suitor issue. :rolleyes:

He's already got a nice hole in the backyard. We call it "first base."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter