• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

The first trip of a lifetime trip report day 18

jothp

Going to wash my car in honour of the mouse.
Day 18 - Saturday 29th August - Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom part 1

Initially when planning I had thought that we would spend our last morning in HS but during the trip we all fell in love with Animal Kingdom and decided that was the park we would like to visit on our final morning. We arrived a little later than we were hoping at 8.45 and headed straight to the safari to complete our wilderness explorer stickers that got rained off on our last visit.

After we finished that we headed off to Everest. Evie didn't want to ride this morning so she sat out with me and the other 3 went on.

We sat for a while afterwards just taking in the atmosphere before deciding that as it was now 10.15 we would head over and wait for the 11.00 Nemo show. This was another fantastic show but I didn't take any pictures in this one.
Next up on the list was another little meet and greet.

We were feeling hungry by now and tried to check in for our Yak and Yeti reservation a bit early. They were happy to accommodate us and we only had to wait about 10 minutes to be seated. Apart from Hattie we all enjoyed this meal, poor Hattie made the mistake of ordering something she had never eaten before and she didn't like it. Being the kind mother I am, I let her share mine. After a bit more last minute shopping it was time to bid Animal Kingdom farewell and return to OKW.

The plan was for a very late last night in the park at MK EEH so the girls napped. Unfortunately I needed to get on with more packing so we wouldn't have to be up too early tomorrow.

Part 2

We arrived at MK at about 6.00 just as it started raining. We managed to get through the turnstiles and under the train station without getting soaked so we sheltered there for a while. We had no intention of giving up on our last evening in the park so after a while of trying to wait it out we decided to head off to play some sorcerers of the magic kingdom along main street. Most of the portals were inside so we just ducked outside when necessary but managed to stay pretty dry.

By about 8.00 it had stopped raining so we took the opportunity to make our way to Fantasyland where we had a reservation at BOG. We arrived a little early and had about a 20 minute wait to be seated. We ate a lovely meal and then went off to find the master of the castle.

Unfortunately it was still drizzling when we returned outside at 10.15 so we went straight in to WTP with just a short wait. Next up was philarmagic which I had been really wanting to see but I think I might have passed out as I don't remember a great deal about it. :rotfl2:
We then rode IASW and decided on a change of scene - off to tomorrowland we went. We had a ride on the tomorrowland speedway, several rides on Buzz, the big girls did space mountain and we did the people mover. Virtually everything was a walk on - I think the rain worked in our favour with many people choosing not to stay as late as they would have if it had been dry.

Feeling very weary and sad that this was goodbye we strolled back towards the exit picking up some treats for the morning from the confectionary on the way. We arrived back at 1.30am and just about managed to stay awake long enough to do online check in for our flight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter