The Genie Usage, Tips and Strategy ONLY Thread

I think if they were going to do 3 they would have added Slinky as an ILL$ with the current 2. Or maybe they are just waiting for Tron and Guardians to open to make it 3 in all of the parks. Safari for AK?
Who says each park has to have 3? But yea, I'm thinking Tron and Guardians will be a 3rd ILL for MK and Epcot.

SDD was deliberately put into g+ to make people get that, no reason for MMRR to be ILL except its new. SDD wait time is almost always higher than MMRR standby.

Does G+ make any sense if you plan to park hop each day from 2-4 pm and are staying offsite?

I know we will need to see real-time evidence of booking availability, but if most rides are booking into the afternoon by 9 am then I can't see the benefit.

Also, since you can't book LL in the park you are hopping to until you get there (again, staying offsite), then I can't see any benefit to G+ in the 2nd park either.

Highly doubtful they're selling out of Frozen ILL at this point. 100% they're going to just keep it to 2 - and honestly I wish they would have only done one, that way they can just keep the most recent ride relevant, it was a little cheapek they did 2 in every park. Everest, Frozen, Space and even somewhat MMRR didn't need it.

We will be there in 13 days and plan on using Genie+, but not purchasing IA$ - we will rope drop those rides and try for a virtual queue for Remy.

Hi!

The WDW sites says the following about purchasing Genie + before your trip: "Before Your Visit: Available as an add-on to a ticket or vacation package for the duration of visit. Purchase via Disneyworld.com or authorized travel professionals."

So here is my question. If I book 8 nights, but only 6 days of tickets, do I have to buy 6 o 8 days of Genie +? I would think 6, but assumptions can be dangerous. Thanks for your help!

We head down next week. One day in MK and planning to buy Genie+ for the 4 of us. I want to rope drop and head to Perter Pan and Small World. We´ll a LL at 9:30 ish for Jungle cruise. Then the plan is to get next available near us and do a stand by while we wait for the LL if needed, especially in the afternoon when the stand by lines will bet longer. I will be watching a lot of YouTube to see what people think who have been there and used it.

Hi!

The WDW sites says the following about purchasing Genie + before your trip: "Before Your Visit: Available as an add-on to a ticket or vacation package for the duration of visit. Purchase via Disneyworld.com or authorized travel professionals."

So here is my question. If I book 8 nights, but only 6 days of tickets, do I have to buy 6 o 8 days of Genie +? I would think 6, but assumptions can be dangerous. Thanks for your help!
Its based on the length of your tickets, not resort nights😊

Thanks for starting this, DisneyKidds!
I am headed back the second week in November. Expecting Jersey week and the federal holiday to really pump up the midweek crowds. Gleaning info to create a successful touring plan for our party of 10 is my goal
FYI - Jersey week and Election Day are both the first week in November - this Jersey girl and her family will be there. Hopefully, you'll have a quieter week the following week!

FYI - Jersey week and Election Day are both the first week in November - this Jersey girl and her family will be there. Hopefully, you'll have a quieter week the following week!
Thanks for the heads up. Not that we don’t love our Disney friends from NJ, but a less crazy crowd level would be appreciated 😊

I'm going for a quick, two day trip in early December. I am a former CM but I haven't been to WDW since 2015 and if there is one "goal" of my trip it's to get on some of the big attractions I've never been on. I'm debating between getting Genie+ but I'm leaning towards getting it for a few reasons:

1. The trip will just be me and my sibling, and we are both adults without children. An extra $30 each isn't too bad in overall for us. We're also staying off-site so I can kind of justify the extra fee because we're saving money on the hotel.

2. Since we are going for such a short time we really do need to maximize our time, so in this particular case G+ is helpful.

3. As of now, it looks like we'll be park hopping both days, doing DAK and MK one day and HS and Epcot the next. Being able to book a LL attraction in transit between the parks will also be helpful. Plus if we are only doing half days we need to maximize our time.

4. There is a lot that is new at DHS*, and if we are park hopping we wouldn't have all day to attempt to get on everything. G+ could make it actually possible to do a lot of stuff before we run out of park time.

I'm still debating whether to pay even more for the IA$ aka fancy rides (thanks Molly at AllEars, I like that name for it!). I've done stuff like Space Mountain, EE, and 7DMT a bunch so I really feel no need to pay extra for it. But one of my top attractions that I really, really want to ride is FoP. Since we are off-site and wouldn't get that extra 30 minute access I have a feeling that by the time we enter DAK that line will already be long. In that case it might be worth to buy a fancy ride LL pass for FoP and rope dropping something else. And since we aren't starting the day at Epcot, I'm not sure we'll be able to get a boarding group for Remy (assuming everything is gone by 2pm, which it probably will be), so buying a fancy ride pass may be the only way to get on it. And with how packed DHS is with our limited time, it might be worth buying a pass for either RotR or MMRR (can't do both if I'm also trying to do Remy on the same day) because waiting for an hour for either just sucks up so much time.

Idk, I'm still waiting to hear some reports from people before locking in an itinerary or plan. I subscribed to Touring Plans which seems a LOT more reliable than Genie and I'm interested to see what their touring suggestions would be with and without buying fancy passes. I would love to know what other people think.

*Although I haven't been to DHS since 2015, I did go to Disneyland in 2020 and already did Galaxy's Edge. It would be nice to get on RotR again since it is really cool, but I wouldn't be too upset if we miss it. I also did Smuggler's Run twice and... eh. I don't particularly need to do that again. But I'm going with a massive Star Wars fan so he might have other plans.

Does G+ make any sense if you plan to park hop each day from 2-4 pm and are staying offsite?

I know we will need to see real-time evidence of booking availability, but if most rides are booking into the afternoon by 9 am then I can't see the benefit.

Also, since you can't book LL in the park you are hopping to until you get there (again, staying offsite), then I can't see any benefit to G+ in the 2nd park either.
You can book for the park you’re hopping to at any point, even first thing, and it will automatically show you availability after 2pm.

I plan to purchase G+ every day (maybe not AK) because our favorite rides, FOP and EE are ILL. That leaves VERY little reason to purchase G+ there.

I plan to book my first G+ for, hopefully, about 30 minutes after park opening (this will have a window of 30 minutes to 90 minutes after park open) That way when rope drop crowds build I have a G+ to use instead. Then I will book the heck out of my day using as many G+ I can.

On our arrival day, I will book G+ selections in the park we intent to hop to. That way I can stack a few up. Yes, we will have to tap into our reserved park first and then immediately hop, but I'm o.k. with that.

I can't wait for Tron to open in MK because I can't stand the fact that Space is a ILL selection. I want Space on the G+ list instead.

Dan

As long as you realize you can only park hop at 2 PM, this seems to be a good strategy.

I'm going for a quick, two day trip in early December. I am a former CM but I haven't been to WDW since 2015 and if there is one "goal" of my trip it's to get on some of the big attractions I've never been on. I'm debating between getting Genie+ but I'm leaning towards getting it for a few reasons:

1. The trip will just be me and my sibling, and we are both adults without children. An extra $30 each isn't too bad in overall for us. We're also staying off-site so I can kind of justify the extra fee because we're saving money on the hotel.

2. Since we are going for such a short time we really do need to maximize our time, so in this particular case G+ is helpful.

3. As of now, it looks like we'll be park hopping both days, doing DAK and MK one day and HS and Epcot the next. Being able to book a LL attraction in transit between the parks will also be helpful. Plus if we are only doing half days we need to maximize our time.

4. There is a lot that is new at DHS*, and if we are park hopping we wouldn't have all day to attempt to get on everything. G+ could make it actually possible to do a lot of stuff before we run out of park time.

I'm still debating whether to pay even more for the IA$ aka fancy rides (thanks Molly at AllEars, I like that name for it!). I've done stuff like Space Mountain, EE, and 7DMT a bunch so I really feel no need to pay extra for it. But one of my top attractions that I really, really want to ride is FoP. Since we are off-site and wouldn't get that extra 30 minute access I have a feeling that by the time we enter DAK that line will already be long. In that case it might be worth to buy a fancy ride LL pass for FoP and rope dropping something else. And since we aren't starting the day at Epcot, I'm not sure we'll be able to get a boarding group for Remy (assuming everything is gone by 2pm, which it probably will be), so buying a fancy ride pass may be the only way to get on it. And with how packed DHS is with our limited time, it might be worth buying a pass for either RotR or MMRR (can't do both if I'm also trying to do Remy on the same day) because waiting for an hour for either just sucks up so much time.

Idk, I'm still waiting to hear some reports from people before locking in an itinerary or plan. I subscribed to Touring Plans which seems a LOT more reliable than Genie and I'm interested to see what their touring suggestions would be with and without buying fancy passes. I would love to know what other people think.

*Although I haven't been to DHS since 2015, I did go to Disneyland in 2020 and already did Galaxy's Edge. It would be nice to get on RotR again since it is really cool, but I wouldn't be too upset if we miss it. I also did Smuggler's Run twice and... eh. I don't particularly need to do that again. But I'm going with a massive Star Wars fan so he might have other plans.
Maybe someone can verify, but I thought they are still doing a second drop of Remy VQ at 1pm? Before Genie I had read that on some days there were still VQ left at 3pm. Maybe that would work for you?

Maybe someone can verify, but I thought they are still doing a second drop of Remy VQ at 1pm? Before Genie I had read that on some days there were still VQ left at 3pm. Maybe that would work for you?

I've been keeping an eye on it. Looks like on some days all the VQs are done at 1:01, but on some days they could still be booked later in the day. I guess it depends on how busy the park is. I wonder now how many people will risk getting the VQ and will just get the LL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter