• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The "I WANT TO ARGUE!" thread - JOKE THREAD!

I'm the weirdo that likes jimmie style sprinkles. They are fun. My Dunkin has not had real sprinkles in stock the last two years I have ordered my dozen Brownie Batter Heart Donuts. Since I freeze these to last a whole year the sprinkles add a nice layer that keeps the plastic baggie from sticking. This year Dunkin decided to put red sugar on my chocolate iced donuts since they didnt have sprinkles. That's been...interesting. You know how something is kinda gross at first, then you get used to it. Then you start to look forward to it. I have a feeling that's whats happening here.

Anyway, I dont know if Dunkin has altogether stopped its jimmie style sprinkle use or if mine is just special but if you truly hate those lovely little bits of edible confetti, then you might want to stop by Dunkin sometime.

By the way if you can ever get real chocolate sprinkles, you would love them (if you like chocolate at all).

Another odd bit of sprinkle information. The Mickey Head sprinkles that DCL uses are actually really nicely flavored. I havent bought this style sprinkle in forever, is this how most of the shaped sprinkles taste now or are the Mickey heads special?

I didnt realize I had so much to say about sprinkles.

I don’t like the texture aspect of sprinkles either. Although I am a chocolate lover, so the actual chocolate jimmies I would try ... just not on a donut. :)

As to Mickey heads, as a mom to a dd who LOVES sprinkles, I think there the same as the Wilton heart sprinkles I bought for some school bake sale thing I did for Valentine’s Day. But I could be wrong because I’m anti-sprinkle. lol

And now one to my parents...
If I have to go to the store for YOU, fine.
If I have to go to the store for Nan, fine.

but THAT is where it stops!

Facebook friends do NOT equal family!
Don’t tell me I NEED to find some specific type of something for a former coworker’s niece’s daughter. Or that I NEED to buy cases of stuff for some person that you have talked to like 5 times in person but always likes and comments on your posts.

Quit telling people I’m going somewhere or what I have in stock and offering it to people you claim “would do the same for us”. They aren’t in the high risk zone. They aren’t unable to leave their home. They are taking advantage of the situation. Are they offering YOU any of the items I am going out for? Are you bartering for them? Nope, you’re adding them to MY list to hunt for and having ME pay for them. When you take whatever to whomever you refuse any payment.

and yes I did tell them no more shopping for others, but not as much as listed above

D@mn and its Easter time. They should be stupid cheap. Might be worth checking the refrigerator case in drug stores. Theyare at least showing as normal sale prices. Stock might be an issue.

All donuts (except for the limited edition Brownie Batter at Valentines season at Dunkin) are gross. Every couple of years I get tricked into trying one and Im always sorry for the wasted calories.

My girls asked if they should color eggs. I told them to go ahead and do 1 dozen, then use them to make egg salad or deviled eggs, and to not hide them (as once the eggs are out of the fridge for hiding, we do not eat them....room temp for hours eggs = bad things). Instead, they should get those plastic eggs and hide those.

But you are wrong about the donuts at Dunkin. Those French cruellers....:love:

I've driven up to our Dunkin' 5 or times in the last 2 weeks (it's only about 2 blocks past the grocery stores/Target, so not really out of my way). Each time, the line for the drive thru (as they have closed the lobby entirely) has had at least 20 cars in it. :car: It's as bad as the DT lines at our Chik Fil A. At least at CFA, they run a double DT, and have people outside taking orders to speed things along.

OMG right!?

I've mentioned it on other threads that my mom won't stop bugging me for more toilet paper, she keeps asking for more. Mom asked on the 13, the 17, the 20th (when we did find 1 package of Angel Soft which was the 6 mega roll package=24 regular rolls for and she picked it up that day; I told her I wasn't buying her anymore for a while), the 21st and most recently the 25th. I never thought I would have to lecture a 61 year old on toilet paper buying 🤦‍♀️

This was a conversation on Wednesday (the 25th)

View attachment 483795

View attachment 483798

*I blacked out a mild curse word just in case.

It's hard to see but I put an arrow next to my SMH moment because she was complaining about the people who took all the toilet paper and I had told her psychologically many were probably thinking "I don't wan't to run out I know I have some just don't want to run out"..that's exactly her now.
First, I need to know the curse word. LOL

Second, your mom is hysterical and you are very patient. Buy the woman some toilet paper! What are you playing at? She neeeeds it... :rotfl2:

I think the post "Thoughts concerning the coronavirus" made 4 good points.

The metric system is far superior to imperial measurements.

Also, why do we drive on a parkway, but park on a driveway?

Grapenuts contain neither grapes nor nuts. (also, they taste terrible)

Something, something about reclining seats on an airplane :duck:

Also, if I *really* want to argue.. I'll go into our bathrooms, and put the toilet seats up. :scared:

The metric system is far superior to imperial measurements.

Also, why do we drive on a parkway, but park on a driveway?

Grapenuts contain neither grapes nor nuts. (also, they taste terrible)

Something, something about reclining seats on an airplane :duck:

Also, if I *really* want to argue.. I'll go into our bathrooms, and put the toilet seats up. :scared:

Grapenuts will cure everything! Or at least that’s what that cuckoo CW Post thought. You should see the town of Post. The way it’s laid out it’s eerily similar to the hub and spoke layout from Disney.

Disney World reflects everything Walt learned from the mistakes of DL.
Yeah, poor sap really blew that one, didn't he? :rotfl2:
OMG. THIS is gonna get ugly!

Krispy Kreme are to die for.
Nope. They're dog food compared to Randy's. Conveniently located enroute from LAX to Disneyland. Now if we could just get the spelling of doughnut corrected... :scratchin

It's not an argument, because they own the building.

We are in a Chicago, classic two-flat. The owners live below us. They have a 2 year old. All hardwood floors.

The child runs back and forth all day long. All day. If not running, rolling what sounds like a wheelbarrow across length of apartment.

We can't complain, they own the building. He goes to sleep at 7, so that's good. The problem is he's up at 6:30, even on weekends, running. Sounds like a herd of buffaloes. I was on a conference call, trying to speak, and everyone was asking what that noise was...

I do not like children.

If you have to go out to get essentials , it is not okay to look and pick up other things that are not needed right now. You are being selfish. Get in, get what you need, get out.

Do not bring you whole family out. One person. It is different for single parents and there kids or someone having to take out someone with specials needs. Mom, dad ,and kids. Nope just mom or dad, the other can stay at home with kiddos. Mom, Sister, brother, and grandma, nope just one. I don't care of you live in different house holds. One can do all the shopping in separate transactions with cards or cash and do drop offs. If you come to the store with more than two adults (once again special needs adults do not count in this scenario) you are being selfish.

Also I do not care if you are buying for your parents, grandparents, elderly neighbors, kids, doctors/nurses, nursing homes. I can not control the limit on items. It is set up on my register. Once again I can not control it, and trying to my me feel guilty and bad because of it is a crappy thing to do. Once again I can not control it, so do not yell at me because of it. Once again I can not control it, asking to speak to my supervisor and get me into trouble is not ok. Once again I can not control it, saying blah and blah said you can, well they are WRONG, don't get mad at me. Once again I can not control it, so do not say there wasn't a sign, because there was. Sorry you can't read. Ohh did I mention I can not control it how many it lets me ring up. EDIT: To be able to buy past limit, put in separate transactions. I am talking about when a person wants to buy everything in one go and the register stops me.

Also millennials and gen z are not the problem with going out and not social distancing. I don't see to many of them on a daily basis.

Also kids are not the problem in the store, it is adults. Hands down.

Last edited:
It really is. I refuse to abide by it. We aren’t sheep. I live my life. Live free or don’t.
And yes. Randys is much better than Krispy Kreme.
:thumbsup2 As to Randy's - yes, of course. We are in total accord on this. But regarding social distancing, other than your immediate family, how are you even able to violate it? Who is letting you get within 6' of them in a casual context? :teleport:
It's not an argument, because they own the building.

We are in a Chicago, classic two-flat. The owners live below us. They have a 2 year old. All hardwood floors.

The child runs back and forth all day long. All day. If not running, rolling what sounds like a wheelbarrow across length of apartment.

We can't complain, they own the building. He goes to sleep at 7, so that's good. The problem is he's up at 6:30, even on weekends, running. Sounds like a herd of buffaloes. I was on a conference call, trying to speak, and everyone was asking what that noise was...

I do not like children.
Count your blessings that they don't live above you. Whatever noise you think you hear now would be amplified by 100X if it was reverberating down through your ceiling. ::yes::
If you have to go out to get essentials , it is not okay to look and pick up other things that are not needed right now. You are being selfish. Get in, get what you need, get out.

Do not bring you whole family out. One person. It is different for single parents and there kids or someone having to take out someone with specials needs. Mom, dad ,and kids. Nope just mom or dad, the other can stay at home with kiddos. Mom, Sister, brother, and grandma, nope just one. I don't care of you live in different house holds. One can do all the shopping in separate transactions with cards or cash and do drop offs. If you come to the store with more than two adults (once again special needs adults do not count in this scenario) you are being selfish.

Also I do not care if you are buying for your parents, grandparents, elderly neighbors, kids, doctors/nurses, nursing homes. I can not control the limit on items. It is set up on my register. Once again I can not control it, and trying to my me feel guilty and bad because of it is a crappy thing to do. Once again I can not control it, so do not yell at me because of it. Once again I can not control it, asking to speak to my supervisor and get me into trouble is not ok. Once again I can not control it, saying blah and blah said you can, well they are WRONG, don't get mad at me. Once again I can not control it, so do not say there wasn't a sign, because there was. Sorry you can't read. Ohh did I mention I can not control it how many it lets me ring up.

Also millennials and gen z are not the problem with going out and not social distancing. I don't see to many of them on a daily basis.

Also kids are not the problem in the store, it is adults. Hands down.
:flower3: You seem stressed - just breath. Your post is a little erratic in its logic. In one paragraph you urge people to stay away from your store; only one person needs to come in and they can pick up multiple orders. In the next you talk about how hard it is to enforce limits on items. If I can't get a can of soup each (or whatever) for myself, my neighbour and my grandma, I guess they'll either have to come and get it themselves or I'll have to come back 3 times. And since I'm already at Wal-Mart getting groceries, what's the harm in me browsing the cosmetics aisle for a new lipstick colour or picking up a roll of wrapping paper for an upcoming birthday?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter