The MAGIC is Back!!! - 6th Sept 2014 WBTA - Come & join the fun! - PART 2

Trying to book a hotel, going to try to come in on Thursday night, to give us a few days to get over jet lag. Not even sure of what the time difference is from Japan to Barcelona. Also trying to figure out plane tickets. AHHHHH:confused3
It is so much easier to book flights from the states!!
Still hoping for DH to get vacation approval.....job is slow in getting back to us.
I don't like having things up in the air!!

Hi!
My name is Ashley and I am 22 years old. Very excited for the WBTA, I am going with my parents (mdvasquez) and 9 year sister. In 2010 we did the EBTA and had an amazing time. Loved being on the boat for 14 days and going to new ports.
Looking to meet some new people around my age to hang with. Or just to meet some people that I will get to meet on board.

Thanks
Ashley

Hi!
My name is Ashley and I am 22 years old. Very excited for the WBTA, I am going with my parents (mdvasquez) and 9 year sister. In 2010 we did the EBTA and had an amazing time. Loved being on the boat for 14 days and going to new ports.
Looking to meet some new people around my age to hang with. Or just to meet some people that I will get to meet on board.

Thanks
Ashley

Hey Ashley, welcome. I will be travelling with my family (DH, DS6, Dfather and my niece) Hannah will have just turned 22yo, and recently graduated University. This will be her first cruise, and I am sure would love someone to hang out with besides her boring Aunt and Uncle and Grandfather!
Jennifer

Hey Ashley, welcome. I will be travelling with my family (DH, DS6, Dfather and my niece) Hannah will have just turned 22yo, and recently graduated University. This will be her first cruise, and I am sure would love someone to hang out with besides her boring Aunt and Uncle and Grandfather! Jennifer

I'm sure she is just happy to be going on a cruise. Though starting on 14 night sure sets some standards. Does she have her own dis boards? Or would she be interested in email or Facebook. No pressure if she doesn't want to. Hope to meet you guys on board.
Ashley

Add us to the roll call!

Myself: Michelle
DH: Eric
DS (21): Ethan
Grandpa Wally (DH's dad)
Grandma Teri (DH's mom)

We did the Eastbound transatlantic with our other 6 kids and my parents last year. DS felt left out (he is a missionary right now in Santiago Chile) so we planned a make-up trip when he gets home. Can't wait!

Evidently we haven't made the Roll Call either.

SucalT - Lucas & Jennifer - #7124

Booked opening day -1 (Gold), finally have vacations approved and flights & hotels booked.

Dallas-Houston-Istanbul-Rome-Barcelona-San Juan-Dallas

We finally have our hotel booked in Barcelona. I'm going with the hotel my TA has stayed at Tryp Apolo. Is anyone else staying there or nearby?

Still need to figure out how to get from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the cruise ship.

We finally have our hotel booked in Barcelona. I'm going with the hotel my TA has stayed at Tryp Apolo. Is anyone else staying there or nearby?

Still need to figure out how to get from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the cruise ship.

Your hotel is very central. It is near the centre (las Ramblas) and the harbour.

You can go with the train and Metro from the airport to station Parallel (you have to change from train to metro) or take the Airport shuttle bus to Placa Catalunya and take there the metro to station Parallel. Your hotel is not far from that metro station.

And to the cruiseship you can go to the square with Columbus at the end of La Ramblas, there is a bus that goes to the cruiseterminals. We had that when we did the WBTA 2011 and it worked great. This is also not far from your hotel.

But you also can take a taxi.

We are staying just 10 min walk from you, will be taking a taxi from outside the airport to our hotel then another to the port the next morning.
https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?sadd...rcelona+house&gl=uk&dirflg=w&mra=ltm&t=m&z=16

You look to be only a few mins walk from the port.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=TR...=Tryp+Apolo&cid=10580064927441256497&t=m&z=16

We are staying just 10 min walk from you, will be taking a taxi from outside the airport to our hotel then another to the port the next morning.
https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?sadd...rcelona+house&gl=uk&dirflg=w&mra=ltm&t=m&z=16

You look to be only a few mins walk from the port.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=TR...=Tryp+Apolo&cid=10580064927441256497&t=m&z=16

Thanks for the information!

Do you know how much a taxi will be from the airport? I will definitely use it to get to the ship since it's rather close. Trying to decide if it's that much cheaper to take the train and metro.

Your hotel is very central. It is near the centre (las Ramblas) and the harbour.

You can go with the train and Metro from the airport to station Parallel (you have to change from train to metro) or take the Airport shuttle bus to Placa Catalunya and take there the metro to station Parallel. Your hotel is not far from that metro station.

And to the cruiseship you can go to the square with Columbus at the end of La Ramblas, there is a bus that goes to the cruiseterminals. We had that when we did the WBTA 2011 and it worked great. This is also not far from your hotel.

But you also can take a taxi.

Thank you! I trust my TA. I'm glad we are in a good area.

Add us to the roll call!

Myself: Michelle
DH: Eric
DS (21): Ethan
Grandpa Wally (DH's dad)
Grandma Teri (DH's mom)

We did the Eastbound transatlantic with our other 6 kids and my parents last year. DS felt left out (he is a missionary right now in Santiago Chile) so we planned a make-up trip when he gets home. Can't wait!

Welcome!! Your DS is a missionary? Wow, that's awesome. Is he supported through a specific denomination? If he is interested, my DD Ashley is trying to meet some young adults before we sail, don't know if he has internet access, or time to send emails.

I'm sure she is just happy to be going on a cruise. Though starting on 14 night sure sets some standards. Does she have her own dis boards? Or would she be interested in email or Facebook. No pressure if she doesn't want to. Hope to meet you guys on board.
Ashley

Ashley, Our first cruise last year was a 14day as well, so it is really all we know. She is very excited to be going, and will be in Barcelona an extra night with her mom before we get there. Hannah is not on the disboards, but I will send you a PM to get your email and pass it along.

Taxis were so easy to get leaving the Barcelona airport. We took this walkway down to the street and they had taxis lined up. I will say that the taxis don't hold alot. We were three pooh-sized people and had four pieces of luggage (three regular and one medium). They were able to put the three pieces in the trunk and one piece in the front seat while the three of us crammed into the back. Let's just say seat belts were not required since we were not moving!!

The taxi was about 25 euros to our hotel on Las Ramblas. One story I will pass on for use is to please have the address of your hotel available. Seems simple but for some reason I just initially thought they would know it!! I told the driver the name of our hotel and he then asked for the address. Luckily I tend to print out everything and have it ready in a packet so I was able to find the address on an old email. There was another group (of two) people that flew in with us and were staying at the same hotel. They got into their taxi and when asked the address they did not have anything available. Their taxi driver was not helpful and they had to flag someone down to obtain a phone to call the hotel (they did have a phone number) to get the address. The meter of course was running. I believe their taxi ended up costing them about 40-45 euros. Lesson from this story - just have all address information available and you should be fine!

Please have the address of your hotel available. Seems simple but for some reason I just initially thought they would know it!! I told the driver the name of our hotel and he then asked for the address.

We rarely take taxis so had this problem when we visited New York, we flagged down a taxi and said Crowne Plaza, Times Sq. He didn't have a clue. I assume he knew Times Sq, but he had no idea where the Crowne Plaza was. He also spoke very little English which was a bit of a barrier. Ended up blocking the street in both directions while he spoke to another taxi driver to find out the address.

Thanks so much for this link. Looks like there are many options - I just need the one that says - "do this" . . if you have a lot of luggage!

Oh, and I just booked the hotel for Karyn and myself in Barcelona - I went with the Hotel Nouvel Barcelona. AMEX had a 50% room deal going so I was able to use my Reward Points to pay for the whole stay!

So far, I've been able to use AA miles for the Dallas to Barcelona flight, AA miles for the San Juan to Dallas flight, and now American Express Reward points for the hotel in Barcelona. WooHoo!!! :yay:

Gotta keep the travel budget low so I have funds for the on-board activities - such as Beer Tastings, Moquito tastings, Rum tastings, Margarita tastings. . . Hmm, I'm seeing a trend here. Oh well - 14 days at sea!

Cristi

Thanks so much for this link. Looks like there are many options - I just need the one that says - "do this" . . if you have a lot of luggage!

Oh, and I just booked the hotel for Karyn and myself in Barcelona - I went with the Hotel Nouvel Barcelona. AMEX had a 50% room deal going so I was able to use my Reward Points to pay for the whole stay!

So far, I've been able to use AA miles for the Dallas to Barcelona flight, AA miles for the San Juan to Dallas flight, and now American Express Reward points for the hotel in Barcelona. WooHoo!!! :yay:

Gotta keep the travel budget low so I have funds for the on-board activities - such as Beer Tastings, Moquito tastings, Rum tastings, Margarita tastings. . . Hmm, I'm seeing a trend here. Oh well - 14 days at sea!
Cristi

Depending how much luggage is " a lot of luggage", you may want to looking into a car service. my inlaws arranged a van through Barcelona day tours. They were great and manage to fit the 6 of us as well as all our large suitcases, carry on and personal bags. We don't travel light so there was no way were were fitting in one cab.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter