The MAGIC is Back!!! - 6th Sept 2014 WBTA - Come & join the fun! - PART 2

Depending how much luggage is " a lot of luggage", you may want to looking into a car service. my inlaws arranged a van through Barcelona day tours. They were great and manage to fit the 6 of us as well as all our large suitcases, carry on and personal bags. We don't travel light so there was no way were were fitting in one cab.

I thought about a car service, and it seems to be 2-3 times the cost of a taxi. We will have 3 adults and 1 6yo (with booster) and probably atleast 4 suitcases plus carryons. Hmm, I suppose we could get 2 taxis, but it may be easier if they actually have a service with a larger vehicle to get everyone in one.

Ashley, Our first cruise last year was a 14day as well, so it is really all we know. She is very excited to be going, and will be in Barcelona an extra night with her mom before we get there. Hannah is not on the disboards, but I will send you a PM to get your email and pass it along.

Jennifer
Wow what a perfect way to start cruising!!! I cannot start PM until I have 10 posts. But my mom mdvasquez can so I will have her PM you my email.

So far, I've been able to use AA miles for the Dallas to Barcelona flight, AA miles for the San Juan to Dallas flight, and now American Express Reward points for the hotel in Barcelona. WooHoo!!! :yay:

Congrats on the flight bookings! We have outbound booked from DFW, but most likely taking Southwest back from SJU into DAL. Awaiting that schedule release. :goodvibes

I thought about a car service, and it seems to be 2-3 times the cost of a taxi. We will have 3 adults and 1 6yo (with booster) and probably atleast 4 suitcases plus carryons. Hmm, I suppose we could get 2 taxis, but it may be easier if they actually have a service with a larger vehicle to get everyone in one.

You can also look at backpacking backpacks versus traditional luggage. We navigated the metro in Barcelona after EBTA and before our NCL Med cruise last summer with me, hubby, his mother (in her 60s), and two kiddos ages 6 and 2 - with luggage - for our 34-night trip. If we encountered stairs, one of us would stay on one end with kids while the other transported the suitcases up/down and his mom stayed on the other end with the luggage. Then folded up stroller to carry if needed. We also had two boosters since we were renting a car in Iceland as part of that trip. Sounds like harder work than it actually was, but the metro was not bad at all going to and from the port (and the "cruise port" bus from Colombus Monument). Definitely much cheaper if looking for ways to save money. :thumbsup2

Can also recommend the bus from the Airport that drops in Pl Catalunya. We did that following the red-eye flight for WBTA 2011 with just the four of us (youngest was 15 months - so in a car seat attached to her stroller).

How do I PM to sign up for activities?

:wave2:if you want to sign up for champagne girls..to drink champagne and chat and have super ladies only fun..pm me or send me a message. And I can add you!

I've been buying scrapbook items to scrap this cruise since November. :love: just I'm not excited! Lol

:wave2:if you want to sign up for champagne girls..to drink champagne and chat and have super ladies only fun..pm me or send me a message. And I can add you!

I would love to sign up for champagne girls but not sure how to PM.

The PM function is disabled until you have 10 posts. You're almost there. Just post two more times. (You can share something like your favorite Disney moment, character, or movie.)

Woody

We aren't on the roll call either. It's me, DH, DW, DD16 & DD13.

We are all so excited! We are planning 2 weeks in Europe before the cruise and then a week in WDW after. Only my DH has been to Europe before. :)

Just click on the DIS name (on the left-hand side) of the person you want to PM. The second option under the dialog box that opens is to send a PM to that person. Just click on that and a new window will open to let you send a PM.

Welcome to all new cruisers! I can't believe this cruise is sold out. When we did the same cruise in 2011 I booked in April and got an OGT rate. I suspect that many people may cancel before the PIF date in May, but I'm not sure if it will be such a large number that they will offer *GTs again.

Any suggestions on preparing for sea sickness? Just in case? (First cruise).:cool1:

I always take meclezine (non drowsy dramamine). I always get sea sick, so I start to take it before we sail, usually when we are eating lunch on board.

I'm bringing Bonine. It's chewable but I've been told it tastes horrible. I start the night before the cruise and take one every night before bed. Last cruise I forgot one night and wasn't too nauseous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter