The MAGIC is Back!!! - 6th Sept 2014 WBTA - Come & join the fun! - PART 2

Did anyone else get a call from Disney today that their Mijas tour in Malaga was cancelled? My cabinmate did earlier and i wondered if anyone else had.

We are on a tour to Mijas with Disney plus our friends and haven't heard that it's been cancelled. But then we live in the UK so Disney doesn't ring us!!! EVER for ANYTHING!!

BUT someone posted late last night on Facebook that they have had a phone call from Disney and their EASY MALAGA Tour has been cancelled.

We went into the Disney Cruise on line Tours and saw that nearly every tour that concentrated around Malaga TOWN had Sept 8th blacklisted.
BUT this did not apply to the Mijas tour so did you get that right?

We are on a tour to Mijas with Disney plus our friends and haven't heard that it's been cancelled. But then we live in the UK so Disney doesn't ring us!!! EVER for ANYTHING!! BUT someone posted late last night on Facebook that they have had a phone call from Disney and their EASY MALAGA Tour has been cancelled. We went into the Disney Cruise on line Tours and saw that nearly every tour that concentrated around Malaga TOWN had Sept 8th blacklisted. BUT this did not apply to the Mijas tour so did you get that right?

Just talked with concierge and they said alot of the Malaga tours had been cancelled due to the holy day. I asked about out Mijas and Malaga tour and they confirmed that that tour was still scheduled. Sounds like Malaga is going to be a ness that day.
Melissa

Looks like we might get confirmation today for 9/9 at 2pm and 4pm!!!

Here is the list of participants, speak NOW or forever hold your peace, I am re-confirming with DCL today!

(1) DGentrySim
(1) Ga-yaya
(1) liesbeth1212
(1) wedgeh
(2) weddeh
(2) Sezmo
(2) birkner
(2) Vakamalua
(2) pharmjenn
(1) pharmjenn
(1) JessicasDad
(2) Diznefamily
(2) nannylori
(2) karrit2000
(1) disney_leonard
(1) goofy adpi
(2) GatorMomInNC
(1) scottishwee
(2) luvdamouse91
(2) SucaIT
(2) mdvasquez
(1) gismo1554
(2) Claire4dpins
(1) namsupak
(2) Chewbette
(2) Paulcrsb
(2) mug318ca

Thanks for your work on this GatorMomInNC -- your efforts are appreciated.

Looking forward to the chocolate tasting -- 9th September is not long away now! Yummy!

Thank-you for all your time and patience putting this together!!!:love:

DH & I did this last year on the Fantasy and it was such great fun!!!!

I guess, once DCL confirms, then you'll let us know which time slot we've been placed in........
Thank-you !!!!:worship:

We are on a tour to Mijas with Disney plus our friends and haven't heard that it's been cancelled. But then we live in the UK so Disney doesn't ring us!!! EVER for ANYTHING!!

BUT someone posted late last night on Facebook that they have had a phone call from Disney and their EASY MALAGA Tour has been cancelled.

We went into the Disney Cruise on line Tours and saw that nearly every tour that concentrated around Malaga TOWN had Sept 8th blacklisted.
BUT this did not apply to the Mijas tour so did you get that right?

Got an email from DCL to say Easy Malage tour was cancelled had booked the afternoon one, but went back online & was able to rebook for the morning.

Perhaps we are leaving Malage early ?

David & Jane

Looks like we might get confirmation today for 9/9 at 2pm and 4pm!!!

Here is the list of participants, speak NOW or forever hold your peace, I am re-confirming with DCL today!

(1) DGentrySim
(1) Ga-yaya
(1) liesbeth1212
(1) wedgeh
(2) weddeh
(2) Sezmo
(2) birkner
(2) Vakamalua
(2) pharmjenn
(1) pharmjenn
(1) JessicasDad
(2) Diznefamily
(2) nannylori
(2) karrit2000
(1) disney_leonard
(1) goofy adpi
(2) GatorMomInNC
(1) scottishwee
(2) luvdamouse91
(2) SucaIT
(2) mdvasquez
(1) gismo1554
(2) Claire4dpins
(1) namsupak
(2) Chewbette
(2) Paulcrsb
(2) mug318ca

Just to be absolutely certain I don't make any mistakes (I guess I'm a bit OCD!), the following have been deleted from the chocolate tasting in the Navigator:

Susan (geffric)
Crystal & Trent (Disneyfan_sd)
Patricia & Dennis (pflamingo)
Sue and Richard (babydiver)
Amanda & Anette
Paul Chevallier (paul312)
Gail Anglin (gesamom)
Jimmy and Judith Simpson (JimmyL47)
Walter & Diane Vincent (Walt & Di)
Arlenesp (Arlene Pommiss)
Raichael Hardy, Darren Hardy (TeamH5)

and Ian (scottishwee)

Michael

HRC update:

Because this is still considered "high season," the HRC didn't want to set up anything for us unless we arranged for a set menu (buffet) with two drinks at €33 each. Not a bad deal - unless you aren't there right when it's set out, don't drink alcohol, or have other dinner plans! I've continued the discussions for a few months now and they have finally agreed to a deposit of €10 apiece and they will then provide each of us with a €10 token good for use at HRC. This is the only way they will reserve the downstairs area for us. I don't mind putting up the deposit if I have a fairly accurate number of attendees (I know the list on page 1 isn't accurate because quite a few have canceled); everybody can then give me their €10 that evening [how much is that in $? :scared1: ]. I don't see any other way of doing it at this point. Any other thoughts or concerns?

Michael

HRC update: Because this is still considered "high season," the HRC didn't want to set up anything for us unless we arranged for a set menu (buffet) with two drinks at €33 each. Not a bad deal - unless you aren't there right when it's set out, don't drink alcohol, or have other dinner plans! I've continued the discussions for a few months now and they have finally agreed to a deposit of €10 apiece and they will then provide each of us with a €10 token good for use at HRC. This is the only way they will reserve the downstairs area for us. I don't mind putting up the deposit if I have a fairly accurate number of attendees (I know the list on page 1 isn't accurate because quite a few have canceled); everybody can then give me their €10 that evening [how much is that in $? :scared1: ]. I don't see any other way of doing it at this point. Any other thoughts or concerns?

Count us out. We actually already have plans for dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

HRC update: Because this is still considered "high season," the HRC didn't want to set up anything for us unless we arranged for a set menu (buffet) with two drinks at €33 each. Not a bad deal - unless you aren't there right when it's set out, don't drink alcohol, or have other dinner plans! I've continued the discussions for a few months now and they have finally agreed to a deposit of €10 apiece and they will then provide each of us with a €10 token good for use at HRC. This is the only way they will reserve the downstairs area for us. I don't mind putting up the deposit if I have a fairly accurate number of attendees (I know the list on page 1 isn't accurate because quite a few have canceled); everybody can then give me their €10 that evening [how much is that in $? :scared1: ]. I don't see any other way of doing it at this point. Any other thoughts or concerns? Michael

Count us in sounds like the only way to have a space for the group to meet.
Melissa

Unfortunately, we'll skip the HRC this time, since we're not really looking for dinner and drinks that night. We'll probably be wiped out from the overnight flight and walking around all day, so we'll see you all onboard!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

HRC update:

Because this is still considered "high season," the HRC didn't want to set up anything for us unless we arranged for a set menu (buffet) with two drinks at €33 each. Not a bad deal - unless you aren't there right when it's set out, don't drink alcohol, or have other dinner plans! I've continued the discussions for a few months now and they have finally agreed to a deposit of €10 apiece and they will then provide each of us with a €10 token good for use at HRC. This is the only way they will reserve the downstairs area for us. I don't mind putting up the deposit if I have a fairly accurate number of attendees (I know the list on page 1 isn't accurate because quite a few have canceled); everybody can then give me their €10 that evening [how much is that in $? :scared1: ]. I don't see any other way of doing it at this point. Any other thoughts or concerns?

Michael

Count us in (2A2K). I'll bring 40 euros ($56 approx). 6pm right? We'll probably come straight from la Segrada familia.

Thx for organizing this!

We have a Tapas Tour from 5-8pm,so we'll be out and about anyway. If you think you'll still be there after 8,we'll probably stop by for awhile.
Lori & Ed Walters (nannylori)

By the way, any days/times settled on for Martini tasting and Vets Meet Up???

Count us in (2A2K). I'll bring 40 euros ($56 approx). 6pm right? We'll probably come straight from la Segrada familia.

Thx for organizing this!

It starts at 6 but people will trickle in as their day's touring allows. We'll probably be coming over from La Segrada Familia, also!

We have a Tapas Tour from 5-8pm,so we'll be out and about anyway. If you think you'll still be there after 8,we'll probably stop by for awhile.
Lori & Ed Walters (nannylori)

By the way, any days/times settled on for Martini tasting and Vets Meet Up???

As I recall from 2010, there were still quite a few people there when we left at close to 9 to catch the magic fountain.

Nothing back from DCL on the Martini Seminar yet; the Vets' meeting looks like 1400 on Sunday, 7 Sep in O'Gills Pub.

HRC update:

Michael

Michael,

Count us in; we will both be there.

BTW, Mark and Mandy (Chunkster20uk and UKAngel) are still on your list but have had to cancel this cruise.

Thanks for all your hard work organizing and taking on the deposit!

Andrea & Greg

Starting to panic now as purchased open top bus ticket for Malaga as thought it wuld be a nice way to see the city. Online it doesn't mention this isn't running but from the sounds of it lots of things might not be!

Today is my last day at work!!! Tomorrow, I head to Disneyland for the holiday weekend then it's off to BCN on Tuesday morning. I can't wait for this day to be over and my vacation to start. See you all soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter