The Magic Is Real!

This is the sweetest thing. People don't realize how little things make someone's day. Thanks so much for sharing!!!

We were around Fairytale Hall our last trip 2014, the line was so long and it was hot. We had fast passes and had already seen Anna and Elsa. There were children hot, tired and crying and it was only 10am. There line still had over a hours wait. I have two daughters, one just graduated from college with a BM in Music, she is a classical singer, the other is a music fanatic, plays 4 instruments and sings as well. Having many sing-a-longs on their car trips, they knew all the Frozen songs, and I had to nudge them to help, neither is a show off type, but when they saw how unhappy these kids were they got down on the kids level and started singing. Parents starting filming their kids reactions. These little kids all joined in, and then took pictures with them. It was such a small thing, before it was over I think they had gone thru most of the songs, only took 10-15 minutes, but these kids seemed to be rejuvinated after that. So the 1st week in August if you see two girls singing in the Epcot line, they may be mine.

Here they are below, 1st day of the Frozen activities in Hollywood Studios, July, 2014.

Attachments

• Optimized-KatieEmilyFrozen1Disney2014.jpg
    Optimized-KatieEmilyFrozen1Disney2014.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 68
My story is a little long... but here it is...
I try to teach my kids that there is no room in their lives for Cruelty!Our last trip really let me see how much they are learning.

We went in December 2014. I had them decorate stockings to hang in the windows and had coupons and stocking stuffers for them every morning they woke up. They were just simple little things like glow sticks or journals. Stickers and activity books. (yes, my kids still like those kind of things) The coupons were for things like a free ice cream sundae, or a free snow globe, a Disney shaped snack, or a candy from main street are some examples. Then they could cash them in with me or dad when they found something they really wanted and we could not tell them "no" because they wanted to use their coupon for it. So every morning, when they woke up, they would have all these small little things in their stockings along with their coupons for the day (they got 2 coupons every day).

Now, our first day there, they had decided to get into pin trading. So we got each one of them a lanyard and a starter pack of pins and then told them they could trade with the pins they didn't want. Fast forward to later in the afternoon that same day, my daughter had decided that she was going to collect the steampunk pins and had found a cast member that had the stitch steam punk pin. She was over the moon about this and just couldn't believe she had found it to trade as Stitch was her favorite. We had gone to Grand Floridian to see the ginger bread house and while there, we learned that the M. Mouse Mercantile shop had a pin board and according to the "source" on the monorail we met, they had some rather unique pins, so we promptly headed there and asked if we could see their pin trading boards and the CM asked if there was anything specific that we were looking for, so my daughter reaches down and pulls up her lanyard and finds that her Stitch pin is missing. She immediately gets upset and starts saying we need to go look for it and starts crying. It could have been any where. We had been to Disney Springs, Contemporary, Polly, and then GF...I tried to console her but she was just so upset about this it was her first traded pin... While she was crying, The CM was walking around and then comes up beside her and say's "is this the pin you lost?" and in his hand is the steam punk Stitch pin and the back clasp is off of it. My daughter just looked at him and couldn't believe it... she started crying even more. After she calmed down, she finally started looking at the pin boards and of coarse we have a great conversation with the CM, but while she and my son were browsing the boards, My son silently hits me on the side and points to a small pile of trash on the other side of the register that had the backing of a pin and the pin card in it with no pin inside...My son just looks at me and gets this huge smile on his face, but does not say a word.

The next day, both kids wake up and find their stockings billowing with small little happy goodness. They get their coupons and they ask me to hold on to them so they don't lose them. Today was MK day. First park day. We walk into the park and are meandering down main street in and out of shops and my son say's "Mom...my coupons today, they are for what again?" So I pull them out and 1 was for a free pretzel and the other was for a free mickey bar. So he say's "how much is a mickey bar or a pretzel?" I said well, it depends, but probably about 5-6 bucks depending on what you want. He thinks about it and hands me 2 gift cards and say's "ok, so for my coupons can you just put $5 on each of these gift cards for me?" I said "I can, but why? You have your magic bands if we aren't with you so you can just charge to the room." He said "I thought you couldn't refuse the coupons?" So I did as he asked and put $5 each 2 different girt cards and then gave them to him thinking he had something big in mind that he wanted and was just going to save up the value of the cards to purchase it with his saved money. He asked if he could have his coupons and he put both the coupons and the gift cards in his pocket. Fast forward to later that day. We are sitting on the curb watching people as we are waiting for the Electrical parade. Both the kids have snacks they are eating and then they ask for their glow stuff.(bracelet's, necklaces, earrings, rings, wands) I give it to them and they start asking other adults around them if it is ok for their kids to have some and they start sharing their glow stuff. Proud mom sits and just watches. Then, about 4 people down from us, we hear this little boy start crying. He was maybe 3 or 4. He had tripped and his knees were all scraped up and the palms of his hands were all red. My son got up, walked up to the little boys parents, said something really quiet and then knelt down by the little boy and said "hey, I just came from meeting Mickey. He heard you were hurt and wanted to help but couldn't leave all the other guests, so he asked me if I could give you this!" My son handed this little boy his Mickey Bar coupon and one of the gift cards I had loaded for him and then came and sat back down. That little boy just stopped crying on the spot and just the look he gave my son.... I just sat there.... I was so proud of my son when I figured out what it was he wanted to do with his coupons and gift cards. My daughter then did the same thing. There were some they couldn't do that with... but all their little snacks and trinkets...they would figure out the average cost, have me load it to a gift card and then present it to a child to spread their own magic. When I asked my son about this later... he said " I wanted to do for other people what that CM did for Savannah (his sister) when she lost her pin. "

What a wonderful story. You have me in tears! So sweet!

The very first time we went to Disney World, my daughter who was 8 at the time was in awe. Then she encountered the very long lines, and very humid weather. April School vacation, enough said... She was so unhappy. She was wearing her first time pin and we were standing near the Splash Mountain. Wait time was 120 minutes. That was the 4th ride that had a similiar wait time. She looked at us and started crying. Not in a hysterical get my way sort of way, but in a resigned simply sad way. A cast member stopped and leaned down to whisper to her. I heard her say "This is your first time visiting the park?" My daughter said yes through her sniffles. She asked her why she was crying, and my daughter told her the rides had really long rides, and she was so hot... The cast member said "Do you believe in magic?" My daughter said "Oh yes, yes I do." The cast member pulled out a handful of fastpasses for every single major ride at Magic Kingdom, and told my daughter that Mickey had sent her to give my daughter some passes to get on all the rides. We just about walked onto every single major ride the rest of our day. My daughter still talks about that moment, and how truly magical Disney is....

The very first time we went to Disney World, my daughter who was 8 at the time was in awe. Then she encountered the very long lines, and very humid weather. April School vacation, enough said... She was so unhappy. She was wearing her first time pin and we were standing near the Splash Mountain. Wait time was 120 minutes. That was the 4th ride that had a similiar wait time. She looked at us and started crying. Not in a hysterical get my way sort of way, but in a resigned simply sad way. A cast member stopped and leaned down to whisper to her. I heard her say "This is your first time visiting the park?" My daughter said yes through her sniffles. She asked her why she was crying, and my daughter told her the rides had really long rides, and she was so hot... The cast member said "Do you believe in magic?" My daughter said "Oh yes, yes I do." The cast member pulled out a handful of fastpasses for every single major ride at Magic Kingdom, and told my daughter that Mickey had sent her to give my daughter some passes to get on all the rides. We just about walked onto every single major ride the rest of our day. My daughter still talks about that moment, and how truly magical Disney is....
This actually made me cry just now. I truly love how Cast Members have the power to make magic for their Guests. :wizard:

What a wonderful story! Thank you for sharing it!

You guys, poster @picprincess shared her story on another thread, but I just had to come share it here so all of you who shared your magical stories could see this wonderful video. I hope you all love it as much as I do!! :goodvibes

I just wanted to share one of our wonderful surprises from our July trip! We had so many wonderful moments and it will definitely be a vacation we will never forget! I hope I've attached the link correctly....it's my first attempt at video editing and YouTube!

My husband and I were young when we married and had our daughter right away, so a trip to WDW was beyond our means for a long time. Finally, in 2005, we saved enough to take our kids...my daughter was turning 13 and my son 8 on the trip. When we arrived at mk, I was so overwhelmed with emotion at finally being there, meeting Mickey infront of the train, I lost it. I mean, I literally cried like a crazed fool. Mickey hugged me and made kissy noises and "dried" my tears with a tissue his handler passed him. We went through the tunnel and saw the castle, I started to cry and laugh...I said, "Im laughing, Im crying, Im having a nervous breakdown!" which has become our family joke. The trip was full of magic: my son was picked to open HS and had lots of birthday treats given to him, we ate in the castle for my daughters birthday and had the most magical waiter. We all cried when the trip was over. Since then, we've been blessed to be in the position to go every other year and have had magic: in 2014, we were even Grand Marshals for the 3pm parade. We've had amazing character interactions and beautiful memories. In 21 days, my dh and I are going on the first trip without our kids, who are now 18 and 23. Im sad, but excited to visit my favorite place to celebrate our marriage!

My husband and I were young when we married and had our daughter right away, so a trip to WDW was beyond our means for a long time. Finally, in 2005, we saved enough to take our kids...my daughter was turning 13 and my son 8 on the trip. When we arrived at mk, I was so overwhelmed with emotion at finally being there, meeting Mickey infront of the train, I lost it. I mean, I literally cried like a crazed fool. Mickey hugged me and made kissy noises and "dried" my tears with a tissue his handler passed him. We went through the tunnel and saw the castle, I started to cry and laugh...I said, "Im laughing, Im crying, Im having a nervous breakdown!" which has become our family joke. The trip was full of magic: my son was picked to open HS and had lots of birthday treats given to him, we ate in the castle for my daughters birthday and had the most magical waiter. We all cried when the trip was over. Since then, we've been blessed to be in the position to go every other year and have had magic: in 2014, we were even Grand Marshals for the 3pm parade. We've had amazing character interactions and beautiful memories. In 21 days, my dh and I are going on the first trip without our kids, who are now 18 and 23. Im sad, but excited to visit my favorite place to celebrate our marriage!
Aww!! You guys are going to have the best time! I hear you on being a little sad about the older kids not coming though. Ours are 18 and 14, so our time's coming soon.

It wasn't at Disney World, but I remember taking my kids to see "Beauty and the Beast" when it first came out in theaters. At the point where Belle enters in her golden gown, a little voice in the back of the theater exclaimed, "That's the kind of dress I want!" My heart melted. It's why we love Disney folks!

This has quickly become my favorite post here.

This, THIS is what it's about. Friends ask why we spend so much to go to Disney while extolling the virtues of their most recent trip with their kids to Mexico or the Caribbean. We do so because of the look we see on our childrens' faces when they see the castle or get to meet a princess in person, or the excited babble that the little ones just can't contain as they walk down Main Street or get a picture with Goofy.

The magic isn't just something that Disney provides, it's what we create when we're there and what happens when you suspend reality just a little bit and leave the outside world at the gates. If an adult tells me there's no magic for grown-ups, I'll tell them they weren't looking. I'm a pretty stoic guy. I deal with disaster and chaos all day, so it becomes second nature to steel yourself and carry on. But when I'm with my kids and get to see the world through their eyes, this rough, tough Dad suddenly finds it's pretty dusty....quite often really dusty.

I saw WDW for the first time at 18-months-old. My parents were struggling at the time, but they saved up and brought their little boy to meet Mickey. As siblings came along, and life and finances improved, we were fortunate enough to go back more than a few times. Shortly after my wife and I were blessed with our own little boy, we booked a trip and brought him on his first trip to the Kingdom. Our first day there, I got a call that my father had suffered a stroke. There I was, standing in the middle of the happiest place on earth, talking on my cell phone, taking power of attorney and assuming responsibility for medical decisions since Dad, at 56, hadn't yet planned for this eventuality. Beside me in a stroller was a little boy, named after his grandfather, looking around in wonderment. It suddenly occurred to me that he was the same age I was on my first trip.

The stroke was mild, but I still insisted it was best for us to come home. Dad got on the phone and, though tough to understand, convinced me he would be fine and my responsibility was to our little boy and not to him. He told me to take him everywhere in the park, watch his reactions, and every once in a while get down face to face and really see it through his eyes. As we toured the parks that trip, I made sure to take pictures in the same spots as those I had taken with Dad thirty years before.

As we got closer to Mickey while waiting in line to meet him, I began to worry about how the little guy would see him. After all, the little mouse on TV is a bit different than the giant character in front of you. When it was our turn, my son sprinted toward him as fast as his little legs would go, shouting "Mitty Mitty Mitty!" When he got there, he threw his arms around him and planted the biggest kiss you've ever seen right on Mickey's nose. We had a lot of those moments that trip, but they were made more memorable when viewed through thirty years of nostalgia and memories. I was able to give to my little boy what was given to me three decades before. There was a lot of dust in the parks, and they were cutting onions everywhere, but the magic was there. You could feel it everywhere you went. You just had to be open to it.

Last edited:

This, THIS is what it's about. Friends ask why we spend so much to go to Disney while extolling the virtues of their most recent trip with their kids to Mexico or the Caribbean. We do so because of the look we see on our childrens' faces when they see the castle or get to meet a princess in person, or the excited babble that the little ones just can't contain as they walk down Main Street or get a picture with Goofy.

The magic isn't just something that Disney provides, it's what we create when we're there and what happens when you suspend reality just a little bit and leave the outside world at the gates. If an adult tells me there's no magic for grown-ups, I'll tell them they weren't looking. I'm a pretty stoic guy. I deal with disaster and chaos all day, so it becomes second nature to steel yourself and carry on. But when I'm with my kids and get to see the world through their eyes, this rough, tough Dad suddenly finds it's pretty dusty....quite often really dusty.

I saw WDW for the first time at 18-months-old. My parents were struggling at the time, but they saved up and brought their little boy to meet Mickey. As siblings came along, and life and finances improved, we were fortunate enough to go back more than a few times. Shortly after my wife and I were blessed with our own little boy, we booked a trip and brought him on his first trip to the Kingdom. Our first day there, I got a call that my father had suffered a stroke. There I was, standing in the middle of the happiest place on earth, talking on my cell phone, taking power of attorney and assuming responsibility for medical decisions since Dad, at 56, hadn't yet planned for this eventuality. Beside me in a stroller was a little boy, named after his grandfather, looking around in wonderment. It suddenly occurred to me that he was the same age I was on my first trip.

The stroke was mild, but I still insisted it was best for us to come home. Dad got on the phone and, though tough to understand, convinced me he would be fine and my responsibility was to our little boy and not to him. He told me to take him everywhere in the park, watch his reactions, and every once in a while get down face to face and really see it through his eyes. As we toured the parks that trip, I made sure to take pictures in the same spot as those I had taken with Dad thirty years before.

As we got closer to Mickey while waiting in line to meet him, I began to worry about how the little guy would see him. After all, the little mouse on TV is a bit different than the giant character in front of you. When it was our turn, my son sprinted toward him as fast as his little legs would go, shouting "Mitty Mitty Mitty!" When he got there, he threw his arms around him and planted the biggest kiss you've ever seen right on Mickey's nose. We had a lot of those moments that trip, but they were made more memorable when viewed through thirty years of nostalgia and memories. I was able to give to my little boy what was given to me three decades before. There was a lot of dust in the parks, and they were cutting onions everywhere, but the magic was there. You could feel it everywhere you went. You just had to be open to it.

There's a great deal of dust while reading this (& who started cutting a bushel of onions?)! But at least it is pixie dust and happy onions! Thanks for sharing. Wonderful story!

When my son was three, he was absolutely obsessed with Woody from Toy Story. My then 6yo DD didn't have a favorite character but she was very into autograph collecting and while we were in line to meet Woody she was "explaining" to her little brother which autographs were the most important, with Mickey Mouse of course being the very most special and important. When we finally got to the front of the line to meet Woody, I can only guess that my awestruck son simply lacked the words to express his gratitude and joy at getting to meet his hero. He took out his autograph book, but instead of handing it over to get signed, he tore out the page with Mickey's signature and offered it to Woody. I could tell that Woody was touched by my son's gesture. He took DS by the hand and walked away from the group, just the two of them on a little tour of Frontierland. We ran behind snapping pictures and ten years later the photo of them from behind, holding hands with DS looking up at Woody still makes me cry.

Got teary eyed while reading most of these and had to write (again) on this thread. I have always taken my kids, sometimes twice a year to Walt Disney World, half the time just a "Boys" trip with me and my 2 sons who are now 19 & 17. I always tell them, when they get married and have their first kid, I want to take them alone to Walt Disney World, just me and my grandchild (though one condition, they must be potty trained).

The stroke was mild, but I still insisted it was best for us to come home. Dad got on the phone and, though tough to understand, convinced me he would be fine and my responsibility was to our little boy and not to him. He told me to take him everywhere in the park, watch his reactions, and every once in a while get down face to face and really see it through his eyes. As we toured the parks that trip, I made sure to take pictures in the same spots as those I had taken with Dad thirty years before.

Right. In. The. Feels. LOVED this!!! Thank you so much for sharing and including us in your beautiful memories. :love:

I was wearing an "I (heart) Santa" tee, during one of our December trips. We were in the Magic Kingdom that day and decided to stop into the Hall of Presidents. An older man sitting on a bench with (I presumed) his granddaughter, called me over and said, "Do you believe in Santa?"

"You bet I do!" I said (quite truthfully).

He then turned to the little girl and said, "See? You don't have to give up believing in Santa just because you're growing up. There's adults who believe in Santa, too."

I told her she should listen to her grandpa.

:santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter