The Most EPIC Pre-Trip Report - Group PTR for 2019!! List of TRIP REPORTS added

How should we spend a girls night out in WDW?

• Jellyrolls

Votes: 32 16.4%
  • Yehaw Bob

Votes: 9 4.6%
  • Disney Springs

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • Monorail Bar Crawl

Votes: 100 51.3%
  • Lounge at AKL

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • Raglan Road

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • Watch Avengers 4

Votes: 9 4.6%
  • Happily Ever After Dessert Party (no booze)

Votes: 8 4.1%
  • Illuminations Dessert Party

Votes: 13 6.7%
  • I'm tired I think I'll sleep...

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters
This looks awesome, and even though I'm mostly a lurker on the TR boards, I would be so in if we didn't already have our first-ever DCL trip planned that same month! Hope it's a smashing success!

ETA: I *may* have just spent some time looking at rooms for early May, just to see if I could squeak in a long weekend trip before my younger DS turns 3. I mean, since he would still be free, it's like Disney is paying for us to go, right? :teacher:

But man, those rates are crazy, and scrubbed my fantasy math right quick. I know they don't offer FD in the Spring, but what would be the odds of a RO offer being released for that time of year? In any case it's pretty much a fantasy as I doubt DH would give two Disney-related trips in a single month his stamp of approval, even though he likely wouldn't come for a WDW trip as I could meet my mom (who lives in Florida) there instead. I feel bad as we always spend Mother's Day together, but it's unlikely that we would go to her next year as we want to be home for the week before we fly to Vancouver. So part of me is tempted to be like, hey, early Mother's Day! I mean, maybe if we did Pop Century or AoA Little Mermaid...that would be reasonable.....

OK, I'm going to stop spewing my stream-of-conscious thoughts on y'all.

Last edited:
Oh my gosh, I am so dang jealous of all you ladies - this will be the most EPIC Disney trip EVER!!! Or at least the most epic one the Disboards has ever seen!! :rotfl2:

For the record, if an epic Disboards/girls trip to Disneyland occurs in 2020 (or beyond) I'd love to be considered :cheer2:Can't wait to keep reading about all your pre-trip planning!

So I actually talked to my daughter about this. She and I are seriously thinking we may be able to do this. If it's just her and I (have never gone anywhere with out DH and DS), She helps pay a bit since she is working, and we have almost a year to pay it off.... It's looking like it might be a reality instead of just a want. We are looking at May 4th-7th.

It would be an excellent pat on the back for me, as my FINAL finals would be the few days before this and then I will be done with school. It would be a nice relaxation before I have to take my Licensing test.

That sounds like a great plan! What a way to relax and recharge before your test!
I think we're all pretty much set on those dates!

Just developed extra motivation to make this trip happen when I realized that it will be the week after my 5-year Brainniversary! I had been intending to do something big to celebrate, and a weekend trip to Disney to meet my friends seems like a pretty good option. :lovestruc

YES!! That is awesome Meghan, and we will celebrate your Brainniversary together!!

The thought of such a fun and epic group meet up seems amazing, I can't wait for y'all

Thank you!! :)

Oh. Em. Gee. This sounds incredible! Now I'm sitting here going through my 2019 vacation plans in my head trying to see if I can swing a long weekend :P

Ann! Would be awesome if you could come! Imagine a group of DISboard ladies strolling through Epcot...like 30 of us, LOL. With matching buttons, buahaha!

This looks awesome, and even though I'm mostly a lurker on the TR boards, I would be so in if we didn't already have our first-ever DCL trip planned that same month! Hope it's a smashing success!

ETA: I *may* have just spent some time looking at rooms for early May, just to see if I could squeak in a long weekend trip before my younger DS turns 3. I mean, since he would still be free, it's like Disney is paying for us to go, right? :teacher:

But man, those rates are crazy, and scrubbed my fantasy math right quick. I know they don't offer FD in the Spring, but what would be the odds of a RO offer being released for that time of year? In any case it's pretty much a fantasy as I doubt DH would give two Disney-related trips in a single month his stamp of approval, even though he likely wouldn't come for a WDW trip as I could meet my mom (who lives in Florida) there instead. I feel bad as we always spend Mother's Day together, but it's unlikely that we would go to her next year as we want to be home for the week before we fly to Vancouver. So part of me is tempted to be like, hey, early Mother's Day! I mean, maybe if we did Pop Century or AoA Little Mermaid...that would be reasonable.....

OK, I'm going to stop spewing my stream-of-conscious thoughts on y'all.

Aww thanks for following, and you're always welcome to join our shenanigans...hahaha. We're all waiting for some discounts to be released...some are using DVC and some are rooming with others but a bunch have not booked yet, we're waiting for something better than the rates now. We've also been looking into group rate which are ok for some properties but not all. :)

Hey ladies. Just thought I'd share a Casey video with everyone. I'm traveling for work this week, but apparently our magic bands for our August trip have arrived and the family thought this was a fitting way to share the news! Enjoy!

BEST PRE-TRIP VIDEO EVER!!!

Oh my gosh, I am so dang jealous of all you ladies - this will be the most EPIC Disney trip EVER!!! Or at least the most epic one the Disboards has ever seen!! :rotfl2:

For the record, if an epic Disboards/girls trip to Disneyland occurs in 2020 (or beyond) I'd love to be considered :cheer2:Can't wait to keep reading about all your pre-trip planning!

Thanks!!! Hahaha, the pressure is ON!!
And for sure, would love to do a Disneyland one in 2020...hmm might I have to get a Premier Pass too @Lesley Wake?
DLR in Sept 2019
WDW NYE 2019/20
and then back to DLR in 2020?!?

This is so epic! I am excited for this report!! (Ok, and a wee bit jealous, lol)
You are all so awesome, this will be epic! (Ok, that sounded a bit fan-girl-ish)

Thank you so much! That's very sweet!

Last edited:

Hey Girls!!

So, I'll be there from Oct 1-5 and would love to have a quick Meet with any of you who might be there. :) I know some of you better than others, but am wanting to get to know all of you better... and what better way than to say an in person hello!

My schedule is loaded up with ADRs and other fun stuffs, but I could certainly make time for a howdy do if our schedules mesh!!

PM or post here!

Maybe this wouldn't be best the place to post this, but since y'all were my inspiration to go looking at resort stays for 2019, has anyone gone in the first week of March, before Spring Break really starts in the U.S? Was thinking I could take Mom to the beginning of F&G before the major crowds hit. Thinking Caribbean Beach which will hopefully have their construction mostly done by then? If not I think Mom would love Port Orleans Riverside. I prefer the rooms at CB and the kids will like the pool more, mom will probably like the feel of POR more. We'll have mom's car so transport shouldn't be a big issue.

Post your upcoming trips!

@pepperandchips, @fallonkendra , @amalone1013 , @Elevationist , @IowaTater , @KathyM2 , @Lesley Wake , @buzzrelly , @ArielSRL , @ariane37 , @MeghanEmily , @kastoney , @CatNipRules , @paradesintherain , @Jfsag123 , @cinderkelly , @disneyAndi14 , @StarWarsMomofGirls! , @LindseyJo22 , @missjackiemcg , @Vernie822 , @Jenny Sanders , @Tracy161 , @xlsm, @Monykalyn , @MissMaryQC , @Mollydolly334

Since @Steppesister started, I figured we should all post our upcoming trips, since not everyone has a PTR or an active ticker going! So ladies, post your upcoming trips here, maybe some of us will cross paths before May 2019! :grouphug:

Sadly it does not look like I will be down there in Oct to meet Liesa but here are my upcoming trips:

2018:
Sept 1-9: Beach Club

2019:
January 19-23: AKL and Poly
March 15-20: Swan
and of course, May 1-6: Swan

And...maybe another Solo weekend will be thrown in somewhere in between all those dates! :rotfl:

Anyone I will be crossing paths with? :scratchin Not sure I will be able to do a PTR for these trips...because I have two active TRs and this Epic PTR going! :laughing:

Maybe this wouldn't be best the place to post this, but since y'all were my inspiration to go looking at resort stays for 2019, has anyone gone in the first week of March, before Spring Break really starts in the U.S? Was thinking I could take Mom to the beginning of F&G before the major crowds hit. Thinking Caribbean Beach which will hopefully have their construction mostly done by then? If not I think Mom would love Port Orleans Riverside. I prefer the rooms at CB and the kids will like the pool more, mom will probably like the feel of POR more. We'll have mom's car so transport shouldn't be a big issue.

I was there for the first few days of March over the last 2 years, it was right after Princess Half Marathon weekend so there were some residual crowds but by the middle of the week they were mostly gone. It was gorgeous weather - slightly cool and not too hot. Loved the first few days of F and G before the spring break crowds hit, we had an awesome time. :thumbsup2

We are heading to WDW for our 1st Anniversary, arriving mid-day Aug. 15, and flying out the morning of Aug. 27. I'm hoping to catch @pepperandchips, @disneyAndi14, and @kastoney, and possibly also @suse66. (Hopefully I'm not missing anyone, but call me out if I am!)

Sadly, I'm not sure I'll have any more trips before May 2019. We toyed with the idea of a short November trip on my fall break to catch a day or two of F&W, but that's only if the hubby can secure work there that looks more promising than his options at home for that week, so right now it's not looking likely. We may end up having a slowish Disney season after August, through to after Galaxy's Edge opens and tempts us back.

Ok, here goes mine:

2018:
November 29 - December 9 - Staying at Animal Kingdom Villas (Jambo House), Boardwalk Villas, Copper Creek Villas

2019:
February 5 - 10 & 14-16 - Staying at All Star Sports (1 night only), Beach Club Villas, then Poly Villas
*This also includes a Disney cruise: 4-night Bahama (on Wonder), Feb 10-14
May 1-7: Duh!

And future trips, which I've settled on doing but haven't booked anything yet:

Oct 26 - Nov 10: Tokyo Disney for HalloXmas!
Dec 29 - Jan 4 (+- few days) : New Years Eve at WDW

Here are my upcoming trips so far........

8/11-8/20/2018 2 nights at the PoP and 7 nights at WL :cheer2:

3/23-3/30/2019 7 nights at YC or possibly a DVC rental, haven’t decided yet.

Hoping to make the Epic trip in May. My dates for this would most likely be 5/1-5/7/2019. I still have to check for vacation at work. If I do go, hoping to room with @Lesley Wake to share room costs. I will check bounce back offer in August to compare with the group discount.

8/17-8/24/2019, GF or Poly

PS My color is ugly:worried:

I know they don't offer FD in the Spring, but what would be the odds of a RO offer being released for that time of year?

Here is the promo history if you want to check it out. Kinda can give you an idea of what special offers might be offered for May. (you have to scroll down a bit to the discount history)

https://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/

Think your chances for a RO discount is pretty high. They have done them in some shape or form every year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter