The *NEW* Grand Floridian Resort and Spa FAQ thread (Nov 2007)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This new thread is great!! Thank you Kelly, Channing and Denise for starting and sharing your information....the pictures are magnificent!

I can't hardly wait till my trip in January!!:cool1: These new pictures have really got me so excited.:goodvibes

Does anyone know if the Gingerbread House and Christmas Tree are still up after New Years Eve....we are arriving the next day.

I think its gone very quick in January I am not sure of the date though.

I think its gone very quick in January I am not sure of the date though.

Magical, I heard the same thing. Hopefully you'll get to see it, though. :wizard: When we were there last Xmas even before Xmas they ran out of cookies, though!! Crazy.

I am so glad I am going soon!:goodvibes Seeing all these pics is getting me psyched. :goodvibes

Well, at least this nice new thread came out of a not so nice post.:snooty: :thumbsup2

I love your pics Kelly & Denise! Can't wait to get back and post more.

Alicnwondrln & Lives4Disney: Thanks again for starting this new thread! The old one was great too, but definitely needed to be updated. Your willingness to share your experiences made it so easy for me to plan and get excited for our stay at the GF. Thanks!

sillyguys: I'll be staying in a deluxe room in the RPC in December, I'll be sure to take lots of pictures of the room and will post them here.

I will be at the Yacht Club from Dec 15-22nd and I cant wait. I do have an RPC room on hold for next July.

At the risk of chit chatting after I just made a post about it:rotfl: :rotfl:
I just want to say thanks with all the new info on this thread! I was able to show DH and all that good stuff and I am planning on showing the kids when they get home!

You guys have finally gotten me REALLY excited about going again:cheer2: :cheer2:

The kids have a paper daisy chain for a countdown... I wonder if I pulled a few of those links off it would make it seem like a shorter wait :rotfl: :rotfl:
87 days seems like forever after seeing all the pics!

I'll add my thanks to all of you starting off this new and "delicious" thread!! I'm like you, Channing...it's a good thing I'm going soon, or I'd be booking a visit for sure
!!!

I will be at the Yacht Club from Dec 15-22nd and I cant wait. I do have an RPC room on hold for next July.

See ya there!!!!!!!!!!!!:rotfl: :rotfl:

I hardly ever look at my pics, so it was fun to go thru them. I still have more. More pictures than time. ;) SO MANY trips and I remember each one when I look at the pictures and laugh.

Happy planning,

Lives4Disney :)

Great new FAQ thread!!:banana:

hoping to see pics of a standard room with MK, theme park views. anyone have any more?

At the risk of chit chatting after I just made a post about it:rotfl: :rotfl:
I just want to say thanks with all the new info on this thread! I was able to show DH and all that good stuff and I am planning on showing the kids when they get home!

You guys have finally gotten me REALLY excited about going again:cheer2: :cheer2:

The kids have a paper daisy chain for a countdown... I wonder if I pulled a few of those links off it would make it seem like a shorter wait :rotfl: :rotfl:
87 days seems like forever after seeing all the pics!

You think your one complaint thread is going to keep us from chatting?? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

We are allowed to chat here. All you had to do /have to do is ask a question and it will most likely get answered.;)

Happy day,

Lives4Disney :)

Count me in on being a chatterer!! It's the only way I find new and informative information and friends!!!:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Oh....I forgot to add......and a family who all enjoy and love The Grand Floridian!

What kind of kids activities do they have during Feb?
I know when we were at the AKL they had a story time every night in the lobby and my kids ran down in their PJS to listen haha

Does the GF offer stuff for kids to do besides the day care and the cooking/ alice parties during the day?

Is there any activities director of sorts that entertains the kids in the lobby?

What kind of kids activities do they have during Feb?
I know when we were at the AKL they had a story time every night in the lobby and my kids ran down in their PJS to listen haha

Does the GF offer stuff for kids to do besides the day care and the cooking/ alice parties during the day?

Is there any activities director of sorts that entertains the kids in the lobby?

They have a bunch of stuff
Besides the theme parks, there are a number of activities for children (special ticket/reservation required) including a Wonderland Tea Party, Pirate Cruise and the Kid Adventures in Cooking.

Adventure Time - weather permitting, may be a game, water balloon toss or something else, Monday-Friday at the pool 3:30 p.m.

Mousecraft - Arts and crafts in M. Mouse Mercantile Wednesday at 7:30 p.m.

Story Time, in M. Mouse Mercantile, is on Monday evenings at 8 p.m.

Children can enjoy the pool, boats at the marina, and the video games at Gasparilla Grill & Games.

Additionally, the Mouseketeer Clubhouse at the GF provides supervised children's activities, for kids 4-12, from 4:30 p.m. until midnight.

Wow Channing and Kelly, this new thread looks great! Thanks for starting it and for all of your heard work! :cheer2:

Thank you all for the awesome pictures and information. I have been following and posting on the previous thread but it is nice to have the pictures closer together. We will be there next week !!! I can't wait !!!

CM desk
100_1789.jpg

seating area
100_1790.jpg

childrens seating area
100_1791.jpg

childrens TV with some adult seating
100_1792.jpg

This is from October 2007. It has been rehabbed and keep in mind it has no balcony. It is room number 6420.

100_1614.jpg

100_1616.jpg

100_1617.jpg

100_1618.jpg

100_1615.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter