The Official 2013 Wine and Dine Half Marathon Thread

I would also wait until after registration opens to book anything, but am bad at following my own advice.

I have to wait until my DVC window opens next month to book the room, but we did book 4 nights on the dream for the day after the race :banana::banana: At least I can change the cruise date if the race changes, I'm almost sure I'll have enough notice.

I will be running with my BFF, DisneyDanielle85, and her husband. My husband and son will be at the after party, or sleeping :rotfl:

Count me in! I just finished this year's wine and dine and it was a blast!! It was my first ever race, and I loved it!! Now to decide what race is next ...! And hopefully improve my time!

Barring any crazy unforseen mishap, I will be returning for another run in 2013!

EeyoreEma said:
Count me in! I just finished this year's wine and dine and it was a blast!! It was my first ever race, and I loved it!! Now to decide what race is next ...! And hopefully improve my time!

Welcome aboard everyone! Time doesn't matter- it's the courage to try that counts!

PS - please remind me of that next November!

51 weeks from today ladies and gentlemen! Time to get this training business underway! I am starting with a running coach on Tuesday because I've had some issues in the past with plantar fasciitis and posterior tibial tendinitis. I'm hopeful that if I start this off the right way that I can avoid these issues this time around. I don't care if I run or walk, but I WILL be crossing that finish line!

51 weeks from today ladies and gentlemen! Time to get this training business underway! I am starting with a running coach on Tuesday because I've had some issues in the past with plantar fasciitis and posterior tibial tendinitis. I'm hopeful that if I start this off the right way that I can avoid these issues this time around. I don't care if I run or walk, but I WILL be crossing that finish line!

lol...51 weeks. That is great! :rotfl2:

I am out, taking a year off from RunDisney to save up so me and w can do a Coast to coast in 2014. Dw realy was envious of my coast to coast and wants her own.

I'm in! It will be my first run Disney event and my first half marathon. I have a foot injury now but I hope to be back in the swing of things in about a week.

your friend said:
I'm in! It will be my first run Disney event and my first half marathon. I have a foot injury now but I hope to be back in the swing of things in about a week.

Yay!! A halfer newbie, just like me!!

Love the attitude! You will do great!

Personally, I would wait until registration opens to make all your travel plans. But, if I was to choose one Disney race to recommend as your first, this would be it! Definitely wouldn't last year, but this year was so much better!:thumbsup2 Congratulations on finishing all of your other races!

Thank you!

I will not be running the Wine & Dine 1/2 in 2013 since WDW is too far to visit annually. :( Due to professional obligations during all other months where WDW holds races, I may never be able to run a WDW event again. But I loved the experience and would recommend it to anyone.

However, I ran the Wine & Dine in 2012 to finish my Coast To Coast challenge, so I'm more than happy to answer any questions about my experience with the race and any questions potential C2C runners may have about Disneyland where I've been a passholder since 2006 and the Disneyland 1/2.

I will be going! The 2011 Relay was our (me and hubby) first race together and now we are hooked. Skipped 2012 W & D to do the Tower of Terror (mistake) but will be back for 2013. I am superexcited!!

Well I don't think I will do the 2013 race as we are doing Thanksgiving at WDW... I'm really glad I did it this year and completed my C2C but in the future I think I will stick to the morning races as the timing through us off for a few days after... good luck to all of you planning for next year!!

Hi all! DH is planning to run the Wine and Dine half Marathon next year. We are also planning our family vacation around this trip. Since DH is required to put in his vacation time for 2013 by December 20 of this year, I was wondering how certain you all are of the Marathon dates for 2013?

Hi all! DH is planning to run the Wine and Dine half Marathon next year. We are also planning our family vacation around this trip. Since DH is required to put in his vacation time for 2013 by December 20 of this year, I was wondering how certain you all are of the Marathon dates for 2013?

RunDisney put the dates for Wine and Dine 2013 on the back of the race programs for Tower of Terror and this years Wine and Dine. Last year Wine and Dine was Tower of Terror weekend. They ended up moving Wine and Dine to the November weekend, and came out with the 10 miler. I have to vacation bid for next year and I put in the for the weekend on the back of the programs, which is November 8-9, 2013.

RunDisney put the dates for Wine and Dine 2013 on the back of the race programs for Tower of Terror and this years Wine and Dine. Last year Wine and Dine was Tower of Terror weekend. They ended up moving Wine and Dine to the November weekend, and came out with the 10 miler. I have to vacation bid for next year and I put in the for the weekend on the back of the programs, which is November 8-9, 2013.

Thanks so much for the info!

I really hope for my DH and I to be able to do this one for the first time in 2014! I agree that Disney races are the best!

I just realized that I typed the wrong year here! I'm hoping to be able to do Wine & Dine next year! 2014 is too long to wait!! Sorry about that!

My dream has always been to do a WDW half marathon. I would love to hear about this one - am I understanding correctly that it's run at night? I thought I remember seeing somewhere that the inaugural run was not that great but this year's went well. Does anyone have any info about this race to help inspire me?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter