***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

Hope everyone is safe and well. We are owners at BWV but wanted to try AKL Jambo in late May. We have a two-bedroom lock off. Since we have never been there can someone tell me a couple of room numbers to request to give the family a good animal view? Appreciate it!

Hate to admit it, thinking we may enjoy having less people milling about in the common spaces When we (hopefully) head home again early May

This after our thanksgiving trip reschedule, initially went with standard studio part of a split stay. Will Still be watching Covid numbers though. Shocked WL came thru for 4 nights a few weeks ago for value. The toughest grab for us at 11 months

Put a waitlist in to switch from Kidani to Jambo for my solo trip in December. I love Kidani, but Jambo is my favorite resort on property, even if things aren't opened. I was looking at resorts for December when I'm going for my 2nd time this year and man EVERYTHING is booked up. Looks like all those 2020 points are being used up in December lol

Now to continue to be impatient for my trip coming up on Sunday.

Last edited:
I couldn't find this thread to save my life. I wanted to talk to people who love AKV. I am in ROFR stage of an AKV contract right now. I have watched several room tours and I plan on taking some family this time. I will need a two bedroom. Although I think the 2 bedrooms in Kidani have a better layout and options, I do like the activities and offerings at Jambo house. My question is if you stay at Kidani do you miss out on what Jambo house has to offer or do you consider it one big resort. I really think we need the third bathroom at Kidani but, I also think it would be fun to leave the room and have activities' right outside our door at Jambo.

I couldn't find this thread to save my life. I wanted to talk to people who love AKV. I am in ROFR stage of an AKV contract right now. I have watched several room tours and I plan on taking some family this time. I will need a two bedroom. Although I think the 2 bedrooms in Kidani have a better layout and options, I do like the activities and offerings at Jambo house. My question is if you stay at Kidani do you miss out on what Jambo house has to offer or do you consider it one big resort. I really think we need the third bathroom at Kidani but, I also think it would be fun to leave the room and have activities' right outside our door at Jambo.

We love both resorts for different reasons. Jambo is our favorite of the two, but Kidani has a great feel and is so relaxing. You really cannot beat the layout of the Kidani one and two bedrooms, they are amazing, I would choose them over Jambo every time, even though I prefer Jambo. I treat them as if they are one big resort. I, personally, don't mind the walk at all, I usually put my earbuds in and listen to a book while I stroll over (unless my husband comes with me and then we chat). You can also take the internal shuttle or drive if you have a car or even take the park/DS busses between the two, so lots of options.

Hi Everyone. Also finally found this thread.

Just had an offer accepted on 210 points at AKL. First trip will be 2023 so plenty of time to save. Love the look of the 1 bedrooms at Kidani. Are all the 1 bed's in Jambo House smaller?

Also i think for us Kidani with the kids splash area will be better, we also want it to be quieter.

Just had an offer accepted on 210 points at AKL. First trip will be 2023 so plenty of time to save. Love the look of the 1 bedrooms at Kidani. Are all the 1 bed's in Jambo House smaller?

Also i think for us Kidani with the kids splash area will be better, we also want it to be quieter.

I have never paid attention to the square footage but I would assume so based on the setup. The Kidani one bedrooms are, in my opinion, a much nicer setup, they at least feel much roomier, and have the extra bathroom that none of the Jambo one bedrooms have. Any time we go with a one bedroom we book Kidani, even though we prefer Jambo in general.

Kidani 1BRs are about 100 sq ft larger than Jambo's (except the "value" rooms at Jambo are even much smaller). Kidani 1BRs also have two bathrooms to Jambo's 1, a separate tub and shower to Jambo's combined tub and shower, and more closet space. If you want to have shortest possible walk to a gate to the pool area, request room near the Rafiki elevator (down that elevator to ground/parking lot floor, leads quickly to walkway to a gate to the pool). The kids waterpark area is a definite plus.

When there is only one or two people in the room, and I have no intention of stocking a kitchen, I prefer Jambo. The rooms are smaller, but there (usually) are more food options about in that resort.

Kidani's rooms are hard to beat. I'd love to try the VGF one of these days as I think they may come close.
Another consideration in Kidani's favor is that they have rooms on the lower floors, closer to the animals. Whereas in Jambo they're all on the 5th (and 6th for CL) floor and you have more of a bird's eye view.

The Kidani parking garage is incredible for those hot and/or wet days to get to/from the car. The walk to the elevator can be longer at times if you're the last one back to the hotel, but I'll take it. The only thing that bothers me are the people who hang out in the shadows smoking. It's not the smoking but the omg-there's-a-person-in-the-shadows factor that makes me jump, LOL.

Planning to stay at Kidani this summer. I have been to Jambo House but not Kidani Village.
1. How do you get to The Mara from Kidani?
2. What restaurants/shops are currently open at Kidani?
3. Is there a place to fill the refillable mugs at Kidani?

Thanks.

Planning to stay at Kidani this summer. I have been to Jambo House but not Kidani Village.
1. How do you get to The Mara from Kidani?
2. What restaurants/shops are currently open at Kidani?
3. Is there a place to fill the refillable mugs at Kidani?

Thanks.

1. In normal times there is a bus that runs constantly (about every 15 minutes) between the front entrance of Jambo and Kidani. Not sure that is running now under covid rules.Taking a park bus that goes from Kidani to Jambo (and return via Disney Springs bus) or walking (about 1/2 mile front entrance to front entrance) would be the alternatives. Mara is now apparently open but only in the morning.

2. Sanaa (the only restaurant at Kidani) is open.

3. Fill ups at the resort store (Johari Treasures) or Maji Pool Bar.

I know that Community Hall at Kidani is open (we visited it in October), but I didn't notice then if you could still get shuffleboard or basketball equipment for the outdoor courts. Are those open? And do you still get the equipment from Community Hall? Thanks!

ETA: And IIRC, the fitness center at Kidani is still open, but not at Jambo , correct?

Last edited:
Could someone tell me why AKL-J seems to be the only resort ( or one of them) not open??
The Villas are open at Jambo. The hotel side is closed but there are a bunch of hotels still closed due to lack of demand at this time. They are gradually reopening those.

We just booked a 1 BR at Jambo house for our trip this June. We have never stayed at AKV before. Are we allowed to walk over to Kidani and use their slide and pool? I know you can during normal times but just not sure about COVID.

We just booked a 1 BR at Jambo house for our trip this June. We have never stayed at AKV before. Are we allowed to walk over to Kidani and use their slide and pool? I know you can during normal times but just not sure about COVID.
Absolutely! The two resorts are one, just booked separate. Right now all the open amenities are over at Kidani, you can walk, drive or take the shuttle from the front door over.

Jambo's pool is open and the pool bar is open on weekends from what I'm hearing. But other than that, the quick service, the store, Boma, Jiko and Victoria Lounge are all closed. We don't have a reopening date yet.

We are in the process of waiting for ROFR.... for AKL. I am so excited. We will have 250 points. First plan book for hopefully Princess Rundisney in 2022. Keeping my fingers crossed there will still be rooms open by the time we done with the whole resale process. This has been my dream resort ever since I toured back in early 2000's during xmas time. I always wanted to stay here, now hopefully we will be owners!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter