***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

We are in the process of waiting for ROFR.... for AKL. I am so excited. We will have 250 points. First plan book for hopefully Princess Rundisney in 2022. Keeping my fingers crossed there will still be rooms open by the time we done with the whole resale process. This has been my dream resort ever since I toured back in early 2000's during xmas time. I always wanted to stay here, now hopefully we will be owners!!

There should be availability but just FYI the pool at Kidani will be closed Jan- April. Jambo pool will still be open. Just wanted to pass that along.

There should be availability but just FYI the pool at Kidani will be closed Jan- April. Jambo pool will still be open. Just wanted to pass that along.
Yep I am soo sad about that, I was going to try for Jambo house because of that..... maybe if other rooms at other resort have studio availability I might try them. But I really wanted my first stay as a DVC owner be at my home resort. We shall see.... still need to get the points to do anything though.

Does anyone happen to know when the next refurbishment is for AKV? I was just wondering. I do know Boulder Ridge is next after completion of Saratoga Springs.

I am planning a trip for February 2022 with my DH, DD and her husband,and my DGD who will be 2 and a half and going on her first trip to WDW. We have stayed, (cash reservations), in 2BR villas and love them! We decided this trip will be more resort-centric with less time spent in the parks, so we would like to try either Jambo or Kidani.
At first I assumed we would try for Kidani: closer to animals if on lower floor, larger square footage, extra bathroom, and first bus stop. Then I watched a video and noticed that in the dedicated 2BR the beds in the 2nd BR are high up. We would prefer the sleeper couch in the lock-off for our granddaughter. I know that all the 2BR in Boma are lock-offs, so that would guarantee we get one.
I guess my question is, can you help me figure out which one to try for? Are there more children's activities, assuming they bring them back by then, at Jambo? We don't need to have the animals close up since we will be hanging out at both and exploring the viewing areas. I also liked the kitchen set up in Jambo. Which villas are newer?
Also, how do I even book a 2BR at Jambo online? Do I book a 1BR and a studio since they don't list 2BRs as an option? Should I call instead?
Thanks for any advice, info, and opinions!!

Jambo lists two bedrooms online? Not sure why they aren’t showing for you h less they aren’t available.

I am planning a trip for February 2022 with my DH, DD and her husband,and my DGD who will be 2 and a half and going on her first trip to WDW. We have stayed, (cash reservations), in 2BR villas and love them! We decided this trip will be more resort-centric with less time spent in the parks, so we would like to try either Jambo or Kidani.
At first I assumed we would try for Kidani: closer to animals if on lower floor, larger square footage, extra bathroom, and first bus stop. Then I watched a video and noticed that in the dedicated 2BR the beds in the 2nd BR are high up. We would prefer the sleeper couch in the lock-off for our granddaughter. I know that all the 2BR in Boma are lock-offs, so that would guarantee we get one.
I guess my question is, can you help me figure out which one to try for? Are there more children's activities, assuming they bring them back by then, at Jambo? We don't need to have the animals close up since we will be hanging out at both and exploring the viewing areas. I also liked the kitchen set up in Jambo. Which villas are newer?
Also, how do I even book a 2BR at Jambo online? Do I book a 1BR and a studio since they don't list 2BRs as an option? Should I call instead?
Are you an owner, renting points or going through Disney/Travel agency to book?

On the DVC member website we book according to which unit we'd like: a studio, 1 br, 2 br, grandvilla. Then by category: standard, savanna. Example: to book a dedicated unit at Kidani you'll see lock off or just not listed, meaning dedicated. Sounds like you want the lock off.

I've never seen what is on the Disney version.

Wish I could help you with the decision between Jambo and Kidani, they're both amazing. As has been mentioned, the pool will be closed at Kidani if that is a concern. February is typically chilly though.

Last edited:
Could someone tell me why AKL-J seems to be the only resort ( or one of them) not open??

When we were there in February I talked to some staff at Jambo and their belief is Jambo will open later than almost most others due to the large amount of international staff they always had and currently can't have.

I think the issue is that if booking cash that only Kidani has available rooms as Jambo is open but only for DVC stays.

Jambo lists two bedrooms online? Not sure why they aren’t showing for you h less they aren’t available.

On the Canadian Disney site at least, right now it doesn't show the 2 bedrooms as in the listings for cash reservations [understanding none are bookable at all, but that is a separate issue]. See

No idea if this is normal or a glitch in their system.

SW

On the Canadian Disney site at least, right now it doesn't show the 2 bedrooms as in the listings for cash reservations [understanding none are bookable at all, but that is a separate issue]. See

View attachment 561060

No idea if this is normal or a glitch in their system.

SW

I don't think AKL/AKV is open to cash customers yet. Just DVC members paying with points.

I don't think AKL/AKV is open to cash customers yet. Just DVC members paying with points.

You are correct, it isn't [ETA: at Jambo; Kidani is]. My point was to show that for cash reservations (which can't be made, but you can see the room types that would be available if one could make them) they don't even list 2 bedrooms as an option for Jambo.

SW

Last edited:
AKV is open to cash customers; Disney still owns 2% of every resort + breakage to collect income.

I found availability 9/12 - 9/12

So is Jambo House itself open? I know the pool is, but are the internal shops/dining open?

Ah found what I needed. Reserved Kidani for this weekend. Thought that pool was closed but its next Jan.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter