***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

Tell me how you get them "quite often", as I have yet to grab a Value-Studio; they disappear at 11Mo + 1 nano second!!
We get them quite often... you do have to work at it and you do have to start about a month before the dates you actually need. Try everyday and eventually you get a room on the morning it's released and then walk it forward to the week you want. I have even been successful getting 2 value studios for the week between Christmas and New Years Eve. You have to have the time to check every day right at the time they are released and go quick.

We get them quite often... you do have to work at it and you do have to start about a month before the dates you actually need. Try everyday and eventually you get a room on the morning it's released and then walk it forward to the week you want. I have even been successful getting 2 value studios for the week between Christmas and New Years Eve. You have to have the time to check every day right at the time they are released and go quick.
You certainly have chosen the appropriate avatar for these boards, as I never have the pixie dust to grab these. I have tried this approach for the last 2 years, wanting to get the Value-Studio anywhere between Jan. & Feb. I usually start looking right after Thanksgiving and, on the 2 rare occasions where I thought I had it, once I clicked to finalize the transaction I got the 7Dwarfs giggling at me! :sad2:
I will continue to try, but know that you are lucky (or abundantly-pixie-dusted). :goodvibes

As a quick note I’m at jambo house now and just saw they started the bead activities back up. The cast members are all wearing the earning my ears badge but after chatting with one of the supervisors sounds like will have on the job training this week with official kick off Sunday. She also said the night vision goggles may be back Sunday as well but seemed less confident in that.

As a quick note I’m at jambo house now and just saw they started the bead activities back up. The cast members are all wearing the earning my ears badge but after chatting with one of the supervisors sounds like will have on the job training this week with official kick off Sunday. She also said the night vision goggles may be back Sunday as well but seemed less confident in that.
What are the bead activities and what age group is targeted?

What are the bead activities and what age group is targeted?
There’s 8 activities related to animals/conservation and Africa in general and you get a decorative bead for each. Examples are learning about animal tracks, observing flamingo behaviors, bongo/music , etc. This used to be something akl did pre Covid and you can find examples on YouTube as seems same to me so far.

My kids doing it are 3 and 5. They are bit young to understand it but are able to do it enough to really enjoy. If I didn’t have kids I’d still do it myself as well so I’d say really all ages could enjoy.

We maybe interested in staying at AKL if a 2 bedroom is available at 7 months. Which area would be better for 2 toddlers and 3 adults?

We maybe interested in staying at AKL if a 2 bedroom is available at 7 months. Which area would be better for 2 toddlers and 3 adults?
I’m not clear on your question, are you asking which building - Kidani or Jambo - would be better? Or which area w/in one of those buildings?
At 7 months you are more likely to get the larger DVC only Kidani. If you want a dedicated 2 br. (2 queen size beds in the non master bedroom, only 1 exterior door, 3 bathrooms) you’ll need to book Kidani since all of the Jambo 2 br.s are lock offs (a studio + a 1 br. w/ a connecting door, 2 bathrooms in Jambo, 3 in Kidani, 2 exterior doors.) All Jambo DVC villas are on the 5th floor (6th for club) so if you want a lower floor w/ more of an ‘eye level’ view of the animals book Kidani. The Kidani pool has an awesome kids splash area, Jambo’s pool is larger - you can use either, the walk between the resorts is 10 - 15 minutes or there’s a shuttle that runs between them.
Jambo has the quick service Mara, if you book a standard view at Jambo you have a decent chance of overlooking Sunset savanna, whereas at Kidani a standard view booking has a slim chance of overlooking the very small Pembe savanna.

I’m not clear on your question, are you asking which building - Kidani or Jambo - would be better? Or which area w/in one of those buildings?
At 7 months you are more likely to get the larger DVC only Kidani. If you want a dedicated 2 br. (2 queen size beds in the non master bedroom, only 1 exterior door, 3 bathrooms) you’ll need to book Kidani since all of the Jambo 2 br.s are lock offs (a studio + a 1 br. w/ a connecting door, 2 bathrooms in Jambo, 3 in Kidani, 2 exterior doors.) All Jambo DVC villas are on the 5th floor (6th for club) so if you want a lower floor w/ more of an ‘eye level’ view of the animals book Kidani. The Kidani pool has an awesome kids splash area, Jambo’s pool is larger - you can use either, the walk between the resorts is 10 - 15 minutes or there’s a shuttle that runs between them.
Jambo has the quick service Mara, if you book a standard view at Jambo you have a decent chance of overlooking Sunset savanna, whereas at Kidani a standard view booking has a slim chance of overlooking the very small Pembe savanna.
Excellent summary. I would add two things. The extra bed in the dedicated 2BR, and the extra bathroom in the 2BR in the Kidani layout - can make your stay way more pleasant, depending on the sleeping dynamic of your group.

Excellent summary. I would add two things. The extra bed in the dedicated 2BR, and the extra bathroom in the 2BR in the Kidani layout - can make your stay way more pleasant, depending on the sleeping dynamic of your group.
This bathroom in the main living room area did us a world of good when we stayed in a 2BR Kidani unit. I only wish the room hadn't been under a very noisy group of people. The heavy stools combined with the tile floors echo like a drum when anyone moves one around and in a large unit like that they will be moved frequently.

Last edited:
We got in at 12:30 am and everyone is tired after swimming and playing at the resort. We have a car, any suggestions where we can carryout dinner? Some from our party are driving back from a day at Universal and offered to pick it up. We have five adults, a four year old and a one year old.

We got in at 12:30 am and everyone is tired after swimming and playing at the resort. We have a car, any suggestions where we can carryout dinner? Some from our party are driving back from a day at Universal and offered to pick it up. We have five adults, a four year old and a one year old.
My opinion, Publix deli has the best subs around. They even have a facebook following. 😂

Easy to get to also - exit the resort, take first right onto Sherbeth Rd. all the way to the main road. Follow that down to S. Orange Ave on your right. Publix is right there (In essence it's in Disney's backyard but there is no direct road there.)

You certainly have chosen the appropriate avatar for these boards, as I never have the pixie dust to grab these. I have tried this approach for the last 2 years, wanting to get the Value-Studio anywhere between Jan. & Feb. I usually start looking right after Thanksgiving and, on the 2 rare occasions where I thought I had it, once I clicked to finalize the transaction I got the 7Dwarfs giggling at me! :sad2:
I will continue to try, but know that you are lucky (or abundantly-pixie-dusted). :goodvibes
If you have home resort priority you could always try waitlisting! It should put you higher on the waitlist since you're able to book it earlier. I actually had a value studio waitlist come in and a club level studio come in in the 7 month window recently so it doesn't hurt to try. Still waiting on my AKV contract to close.

There are tons of restaurants and places along W Irlo Bronson Memorial Pkwy which runs alongside the resort area. Also a very nice McDonald's at the corner of Osecola and Buena Vista on Disney property, which could work for you as well.

So for our visit in a couple weeks we have 6 nights OKW, 1 night AKL Sav View, 1 night AKL Std View. That’s how availability worked out for us. And it turns out one person in our group will need to do some remote work on the day of the transition between the two AKL rooms. AKL has no business centre so any recommendations for a good place to set up? They don’t need dead quiet or a printer or anything beyond their lap top and being able to answer some calls and do a zoom meeting.

So for our visit in a couple weeks we have 6 nights OKW, 1 night AKL Sav View, 1 night AKL Std View. That’s how availability worked out for us. And it turns out one person in our group will need to do some remote work on the day of the transition between the two AKL rooms. AKL has no business centre so any recommendations for a good place to set up? They don’t need dead quiet or a printer or anything beyond their lap top and being able to answer some calls and do a zoom meeting.
Will you be in Kidani or Jambo?

Jambo has a small seating area a few steps down and off the lobby that is quieter than the main lobby area.
Kidani has a beautiful small library like area off the lobby. There are seats, tables, even a fireplace.
Between the two I'd choose Kidani's for lighting and overall sound. It's easy to catch the shuttle between the two resorts - it's dedicated just to running guests over and back.

Last edited:
Will you be in Kidani or Jambo?

Jambo has a small seating area a few steps down and off the lobby that is quieter than the main lobby area.
Kidani has a beautiful small library like area off the lobby. There are seats, tables, even a fireplace.
Between the two I'd choose Kidani's for lighting and overall sound. It's easy to catch the shuttle between the two resorts - it's dedicated just to running guests over and back.
Ty! We are in Jambo but that Kidani area sounds perfect. I’ll share that with our group.

I suggest setting up at Victoria Falls Lounge if it's during the day. The lounge isn't open until 4:00, but the seating area & tables is wide open and it's fine to hang out there while they're closed. There's nothing else on that floor, so it's really quiet.

I suggest setting up at Victoria Falls Lounge if it's during the day. The lounge isn't open until 4:00, but the seating area & tables is wide open and it's fine to hang out there while they're closed. There's nothing else on that floor, so it's really quiet.
This is a good suggestion too, note that during dining hours down at Boma the lounge gets very loud.

Right now the hours for Boma are:

Breakfast – 7:30 AM to 11:30 AM​
Dinner – 5:00 PM to 9:30 PM​

But the hours may vary - check at the hotel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter