***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

I've scanned this thread and didn't see anything, but forgive me if I missed it! Anyone have a suggestion for a good room request for a Kidani dedicated 2bd standard view? Touring Plans shows 7526 and 7532 as standard but that doesn't seem right?

Do the two bedroom value rooms feel significantly smaller than the standard? We are planning a trip with my in laws that will be four of us adults, and two small kids. I was hoping to save the points but if it feels way smaller it might not be worth it.
I think a 2BR value is super hard to get as effectively you need a 1BR and studio to be available

I think a 2BR value is super hard to get as effectively you need a 1BR and studio to be available
Agreed. The problem is not as much the 1br side as it is the studio which is nearly always booked right at 11 months out.

Standard views also save points, not as much but much easier to come by and the size difference really did make a difference for us on our last trip (we usually book values, but couldn't get one... walking in I was very taken by how large the rooms felt)

We stayed in a value 1 bedroom for a week last year, so not a 2 bedroom. I expected to walk in and I say, "Oh yes, it does feel smaller". But honestly, I couldn't tell any appreciable difference. I think you lose 3 feet in depth of the room - it isn't enough to make you feel cramped. The kitchen has a marble-topped rectangular table that acts as an island. We loved it and for the points savings it is so worth it! You can see in the photo of the kitchen the table-style island.
I will almost always book the value rooms over others and would agree, the functionality of the room isn't changed by it's size, and unless you're moving to a larger room you probably won't notice the missing space.

Of note: we usually store luggage near the balcony door. That space is very limited in the value. It can also be a little tricky to get around the master bedroom with the door hitting the bed.

We have not tried, but I think they get the animals off the savannah when it gets dark.
No, the animals stay on the savannas during the night.
AKL/AKV has 4 savannas & 3 barns. Normally the animals go to their barn for about 1 - 1 1/2 hours each morning for routine checks/husbandry needs & spend the other 22-23 hours on their savanna.
The animals on the small Pembe savanna go to the Pembe barn (which is too short for giraffes, one reason there are never giraffes on Pembe,) the animals on Sunset savanna go the the Sunset savanna barn, the animals on Arusha & Uzima savannas share a barn, so they’ll call one savanna’s animals into the barn, then release them & then repeat the procedure.
On one of my Wanyama safaris (I’ve done several) a guest asked one of our guides what they did during hurricanes & the keeper said some of the animals were brought in for the duration but some stayed out because the stress of being penned in so long was greater than the risk from the hurricane. During my lunch w/ an animal keeper one of our hosts was a giraffe person & she said the giraffes were brought in during very cold spells. The red River hogs also are brought in during cold spells but not to a barn, they actually have accommodations under the rooms.
Husbandry over at the park have different procedures & I believe many of their animals spend nights in barns/bomas.
I’ve been a volunteer at an AZA accredited nonprofit for 16+ years & this stuff fascinates me :).

I've scanned this thread and didn't see anything, but forgive me if I missed it! Anyone have a suggestion for a good room request for a Kidani dedicated 2bd standard view? Touring Plans shows 7526 and 7532 as standard but that doesn't seem right?
We had 7452 and it was a savannah view. If even numbers are all savannah, I don’t know if that is correct info. This is info from my notes when I was researching views on Touring Plans. All of these room numbers are sunset savannah dedicated 2 BRs and their locations. I think the standards would probably be the odd numbers across the hall.

Timon elevator

3rd section
7220 2nd f, 1st in section
7320 3rd f
7226 2nd f end of section
7326 3rd f
7426 4th f
7526 5th f

4th section midway between Timon and Zazu elevators
7232 2nd f not 1st villa in section
7332 3rd f
7432 4th f
7532 5th f
(only ded 2BR in this section and it is in the middle)

Hi everyone, we have a one night stay at Kidani before a cruise this fall. Due to kid's school needs our flight in is less than ideal and we won't land until almost 8:00 p.m. I had originally booked Kidani because I'd really wanted to eat at Sanaa and I think this will be cutting it really close (restaurant closes at 9:30). Is the Sanaa To Go still happening, or was that just a covid era thing? I'm really hoping we can make a mad dash in a cab and I can place a mobile order for 9:00 or so. What do you think, is this possible?

Hi everyone, we have a one night stay at Kidani before a cruise this fall. Due to kid's school needs our flight in is less than ideal and we won't land until almost 8:00 p.m. I had originally booked Kidani because I'd really wanted to eat at Sanaa and I think this will be cutting it really close (restaurant closes at 9:30). Is the Sanaa To Go still happening, or was that just a covid era thing? I'm really hoping we can make a mad dash in a cab and I can place a mobile order for 9:00 or so. What do you think, is this possible?

Sanaa To Go is still happening, in fact you can look it up in WDW app's mobile order section (When Sanna is actually open).

Yes, it's possible, but there are many factors involved no one can predict: flight delays, lost luggage, road traffic.
You'd best have a back up plan for dinner.

Hi AKV lovers.

Quick question. We have a Kidani studio standard view (boo) Would the best location be near lobby on the South trial.
This seams like a convenient location to being close to just about everything, Bus's short walk to pool for example.

Guess high up room is better to avoid noise from outside.

Thanks

Hi AKV lovers.

Quick question. We have a Kidani studio standard view (boo) Would the best location be near lobby on the South trial.
This seams like a convenient location to being close to just about everything, Bus's short walk to pool for example.

Guess high up room is better to avoid noise from outside.

Thanks
For shortest trip to the pool, you should request near the Rafiki elevator (on north wing same as pool), down that elevator to parking lot first floor gives you a short walk to a gate to the pool area; can also see, not far away, part of the Pembe savanna from the balcony when looking north. If you want close to bus stop, request near the Timon elevator (on south wing); down that elevator to second floor leads to short walk to door that goes directly to bus station. Note that if you request close to lobby, you may get it, but it is the request that is mostly made and thus you may not get it because of too many like requests, and if they cannot meet a location request, they just put you in any available room, which could be far from the lobby.

Note, that if you want savanna view with a standard view room, request to be near the Pumbaa elevator (last elevator on north wing) since all standard view rooms in the two building units that surround that elevator have direct savanna view of the Pembe savanna. Note, however, that getting such a room will mean you will have very long walks to lobby and bus station, and a somewhat long walk to the pool.

We just booked 2 nights of a split stay for late September in a 1 BR Kidani Savannah view. This will be our first time staying at AKV, but we have visited and dined here before. I was really glad to find the room info, based on that and wanting to be close to the pool I requested a room near the rafiki elevator. We plan on dining at Sanaa and probably Boma while we are there. Looking forward to spending some time at the pools as we will be spending 2 resort days there.

Any suggestions on dinner/drink spots for adults. We plan to get an in room sitter one night.

We just booked 2 nights of a split stay for late September in a 1 BR Kidani Savannah view. This will be our first time staying at AKV, but we have visited and dined here before. I was really glad to find the room info, based on that and wanting to be close to the pool I requested a room near the rafiki elevator. We plan on dining at Sanaa and probably Boma while we are there. Looking forward to spending some time at the pools as we will be spending 2 resort days there.

Any suggestions on dinner/drink spots for adults. We plan to get an in room sitter one night.
If you are planning to stay at the resort and not visit any parks, I would suggest Victoria Falls Lounge in Jambo.

Ok thanks for the recommendation. For this part of our split stay we won’t be visiting any parks.
Have a great vacation - my DH and I love Victoria Falls Lounge. It overlooks Boma and the aroma wafts up from there making it a treat for the senses. They also have a small lounge menu that starts serving meals at 5:00pm - also very good.

I seen where someone asked about the AKV thread. So I thought I would go ahead and start one.
So please start sharing your experiences and your pictures of AKV and what you love about it.

We are going for the first time June 7-13th and I am so excited and I cant wait.
So when I come back I will have lots of pictures to share.

So please feel free to join in.

I would really love to see some pictures.

We own 160 points at AKV.
My kids LOVED waking up to see animals everyday! We would start and end our day with the giraffes and zebras. <3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter