The Official DisDads Rant Thread

Yes yes...3D is cool and neat and all that...but why does every Beverly movie coming out have to be in Peanut Butterin' 3 Beverly D.

I figure 3D stands for 3 Dollar$...as that is the typical upcharge to see a feature in 3D. But seriously...after about the first few scences of a movie...I usually get so "into" the story that the 3D doesn't matter...don't even realize it is 3D...sometime wonder if they just start showing 2D...and throw in a 3D scene every once in a while for a surprise.

Thankfully my local theaters have started carring both a 2D and 3D versions...I vote for the 2D...as it saves $12 for a family of 4.

Yes yes...3D is cool and neat and all that...but why does every Beverly movie coming out have to be in Peanut Butterin' 3 Beverly D.

I figure 3D stands for 3 Dollar$...as that is the typical upcharge to see a feature in 3D. But seriously...after about the first few scences of a movie...I usually get so "into" the story that the 3D doesn't matter...don't even realize it is 3D...sometime wonder if they just start showing 2D...and throw in a 3D scene every once in a while for a surprise.

Thankfully my local theaters have started carring both a 2D and 3D versions...I vote for the 2D...as it saves $12 for a family of 4.

We're lucky that one of or local theaters is a just after 1st run, not quite 2nd run theater that absolutely refuses to show 3d movies. We don't pay more than $4 a ticket.

Of course, he only has two screens, so the movies come and go pretty fast.

TL

since 2003 I have been calling the local PD to get them to take radar on our street. Morning Rush evening rush. Now somebody is calling them on me for double parking in a single drive - parking the sidewalk. last night I got my second ticket. I call and asked them if they had time to write non moving parking tickets an since they were already in the street - Why not stay and take radar??????? Speed limit is 25 - travel is anywhere from 30-50 with a few 60 and 70mph (normally real late at night)

I explained to the dispatcher I was not mad at her but frustrated at the PD. My name and number was not taken.

About 15 minutes later I got a call from a public citizen ofc. We went back and forth and that he had never heard of any issues. I said talk with the chief of PD, the mayor and our local rep. Who I have ALL talked with multiple times.

It chapps my hide, all i have been asking is 1 morning or evening a month take radar. they need to provide a reminder. Hell I even said put in speed bumps, but that would "hurt the fire trucks" Really???

Thanks for rant space!! BTW when I finished up talking with the call back, I offered free coffee water and soda, as well a restroom fac to any officer taking radar on my street!

since 2003 I have been calling the local PD to get them to take radar on our street. Morning Rush evening rush. Now somebody is calling them on me for double parking in a single drive - parking the sidewalk. last night I got my second ticket. I call and asked them if they had time to write non moving parking tickets an since they were already in the street - Why not stay and take radar??????? Speed limit is 25 - travel is anywhere from 30-50 with a few 60 and 70mph (normally real late at night)

I explained to the dispatcher I was not mad at her but frustrated at the PD. My name and number was not taken.

About 15 minutes later I got a call from a public citizen ofc. We went back and forth and that he had never heard of any issues. I said talk with the chief of PD, the mayor and our local rep. Who I have ALL talked with multiple times.

It chapps my hide, all i have been asking is 1 morning or evening a month take radar. they need to provide a reminder. Hell I even said put in speed bumps, but that would "hurt the fire trucks" Really???

Thanks for rant space!! BTW when I finished up talking with the call back, I offered free coffee water and soda, as well a restroom fac to any officer taking radar on my street!

Good for you for speaking up. I hope they come through for you. By the way great avatar pic :thumbsup2

Unfortunately, as with all good humor, there is a bit of reality in this. http://news.yahoo.com/comics/jerry-holbert I'm all for an education but I have encouraged my kids to learn a skill first that they can survive on before they invest in higher education.

Steeling this for FB. If you're going to major in something silly like Theology (like I did), make sure that you have a plan for a real career (like Pre-Med, also like I did)

I agree. 3D is generally not worth the extra $$ they charge for it. I wear glasses all the time anyway, and it's a pain to try and put the 3D glasses over my regular ones. Usually just gives me a headache. And I really don't think it adds much to the movie.

I just got off the phone with the collision shop and our minivan is not going to be ready for another week.:mad:

The weekend before last I was sitting at a traffic light minding my own business when out of no where I get rear ended by a drunk driver. This idiot is stone drunk at 10 AM on a Saturday morning. He hit me and three other people while totaling his car. Now, because I didn't have a "special rider" on my insurance, I have to pay close to $700 for a rental car. This really stinks!

I just got off the phone with the collision shop and our minivan is not going to be ready for another week.:mad:

The weekend before last I was sitting at a traffic light minding my own business when out of know where I get rear ended by a drunk driver. This idiot is stone drunk at 10 AM on a Saturday morning. He hit me and three other people while totaling his car. Now, because I didn't have a "special rider" on my insurance, I have to pay close to $700 for a rental car. This really stinks!

I would think Drunk Guy's Insurance should pay...or if he did not have ins...Uninsured Motorist coverage should pick up....but I'm not an expert...

I've only had one accident with a very big dog running in front of me on an Interstate @ 65mph.

I would think Drunk Guy's Insurance should pay...or if he did not have ins...Uninsured Motorist coverage should pick up....but I'm not an expert...

I've only had one accident with a very big dog running in front of me on an Interstate @ 65mph.

Mr. Drunk guy didn't have insurance. I have looked into the uninsured motorist coverage but in Michigan it looks like it only covers injury not damage:sick:

Mr. Drunk guy didn't have insurance. I have looked into the uninsured motorist coverage but in Michigan it looks like it only covers injury not damage:sick:

in pa, if your drunk and the accident is your fault, your insurance is void.

So, last night I was parking may Harley in my enclosed trailer, because I was leaving for work this morning. My ramp (one of the two that I use) flipped over when I put my foot down. My ankle twisted and the bike landed on my knee. I now have soft tissue injuries in my knee and ankle.

I am not too worried about my leg, it will heal. I am more concerned about my bike, I've got a little work to do on her.

So, last night I was parking may Harley in my enclosed trailer, because I was leaving for work this morning. My ramp (one of the two that I use) flipped over when I put my foot down. My ankle twisted and the bike landed on my knee. I now have soft tissue injuries in my knee and ankle.

I am not too worried about my leg, it will heal. I am more concerned about my bike, I've got a little work to do on her.

Ouch!! Not cool. Hope the bike (and you) heal quick

Rant Rating 6/10....would've scored higher with more use of Beverly:lmao::lmao:

In all seriousness, when I was a traffic unit, I took speeding in neighborhoods very seriously (lots of children around)....one time I busted the person who was doing the most complaining---she was running 48 mph in her 25 mph zone:scared1: And had the nerve to cuss me out:lmao::lmao: Slowed her down though as I continued to run radar in her neighborhood and never got her again!!

Double parking??? What the Beverly:confused::confused: I had a couple of complaints---usually rode by and looked, MAYBE talked to owner, never, ever ever, EVER wrote a ticket for it.

The weekend before last I was sitting at a traffic light minding my own business when out of no where I get rear ended by a drunk driver. This idiot is stone drunk at 10 AM on a Saturday morning. He hit me and three other people while totaling his car. Now, because I didn't have a "special rider" on my insurance, I have to pay close to $700 for a rental car. This really stinks!

His insurance should have to pay---that is, **if** idiot had insurance, and depending on applicable state laws.

4/10....nice understated tone, little rage or implied naughty words:lmao::lmao:

That does suck...I got pushed off center while loading my boat once (thanks to the cabin cruiser who ignored the no wake zone)---luckily did little damage...

I'm sure I will be posting a boat ramp rant on Tuesday...standby:lmao:

:mad::mad: Rating Rants!!! :mad::mad:

Who the Beverly do you think you are rating how Peanut Buttered off someone is?!?!?!

Son of a Beverly. You can Drusella Kiss my Peanut Butter!!!

(Gee I hope that gets at least an 8.) :lmao:

Who the Beverly do you think you are rating how Peanut Buttered off someone is?!?!?!

9/10.....:lmao::lmao::lmao:'

Outstanding use of Drusella and Peanut Butter in the same sentence:lmao::lmao:

Hey, I don't make the news, just report it:rotfl2::rotfl2:

You need to call one of those lawyers that advertise about getting hurt in a car accident. They are experienced in cases like this. You should go after the drunk driver and have him pay. It is not your fault this happened and you should not have to pay anything OOP (when all is said and done.) You were an innocent bystander, and now you are being penalized for his mistake. I would call a lawyer and get at least what you are having to pay OOP - and I am sure the lawyer will be able to help you out. They usually will give a you a free consultation.

Tell us how you really feel...:lmao:

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I peanut buttering beverly hate Disney World's website. Today is 180 days for my ADR's. I'm at work and can't call. I made a reservation for Chef Mickey's, before I got my confirmation number it gave me an error message. I went back to redo the reservation and I'm locked out.... I may or may not have one and can't check because it can't search by name, e-mail or phone number, you have to have a confirmation number. Beverly you, Disney webmasters!!!!!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I peanut buttering beverly hate Disney World's website. Today is 180 days for my ADR's. I'm at work and can't call. I made a reservation for Chef Mickey's, before I got my confirmation number it gave me an error message. I went back to redo the reservation and I'm locked out.... I may or may not have one and can't check because it can't search by name, e-mail or phone number, you have to have a confirmation number. Beverly you, Disney webmasters!!!!!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Does it not send a confirmation e-mail when you do? Last night, we added a couple to our trip, and I got e-mails for each one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter