The Official DisDads Rant Thread

I am truly frightened for the future of medicine! The inpatients keep getting more and more complicated and the residents seem to be getting stupider and stupider...

Phew. I feel better already! Maybe now I can go talk to one of the FMGs (foreign medical grads) without punching him in the face (which I assume would get me in trouble, right?)

I am truly frightened for the future of medicine! The inpatients keep getting more and more complicated and the residents seem to be getting stupider and stupider...

Phew. I feel better already! Maybe now I can go talk to one of the FMGs (foreign medical grads) without punching him in the face (which I assume would get me in trouble, right?)

Not here.

Sounds an awful lot like our new Agents:headache::mad::mad:

I'm having an extremely cranky day. So much so that I'm actually taking a couple of hours of leave and hanging out in a coffee shop before picking up Squeaker. I had phone calls to return, but in the mood I'm in, I might have said something terribly inappropriate if I had. I just need this week to be over and to start fresh on Monday.

Sounds an awful lot like our new Agents:headache::mad::mad:

Hey Fed...DS 16 is interested in Law enforment...particularly the FBI...any career path suggestions.

He's very book smart...gotta work on the common sence stuff though. :rolleyes1

In NCIS (the show) perspective...I figure him as a McGee with the sunny disposition of Director Vance...Palmer (Ducky's assistant) in the common sence department.

Hey Fed...DS 16 is interested in Law enforment...particularly the FBI...any career path suggestions.

He's very book smart...gotta work on the common sence stuff though. :rolleyes1

In NCIS (the show) perspective...I figure him as a McGee with the sunny disposition of Director Vance...Palmer (Ducky's assistant) in the common sence department.

I've done both...will IM ya.

Just give them the :thumbsup2 and a :banana::wave:, but no physical harm, you would then have to be the one to stich them up

WTFt (What The French toast)?

I didn't even know there was a Dis Dad's thead.

I'll even rant about a Disney related rant.

The Disney Store in our local mall is closing because the Mall wants to change something or other. So now we don't even have a place to go take the kid when we're in the dang mall to distract her.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 BelAir Mall.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I agree, but the mental image of you smacking around some poor fmg is priceless!:worship:

WTFt (What The French toast)?

I didn't even know there was a Dis Dad's thead.

I'll even rant about a Disney related rant.

The Disney Store in our local mall is closing because the Mall wants to change something or other. So now we don't even have a place to go take the kid when we're in the dang mall to distract her.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 BelAir Mall.

I'm with you. At least there is still the outlet in Gulfport!

Reposted from the main thread.

Aaand I'm back.

*AFTER* an epiphany.(sp? I really don't know)

I went to work softball game. I was late because my DS8 had baseball practice that went late. I arrived at softball at 6:18 for a 6:00 game. Yes, I was late. My team is up to bat when I arrive, and "The Skip" says, "Oh, we don't need you. You're too late to play." :thumbsup2 you, skip! :thumbsup2

Man, I was p*ssed. With 4 kids, and a DW that starts teaching evenings in June, I'm only up to play in 4 of the 12 games anyway, and I'm told to leave. That sucks.

Then I consider the facts: I'm 32 with 4 little ones. 2 guys are OLDER than me with kids that are younger than mine (but fewer of them). The remaining 6 girls and 7 guys are single 20-somethings. So, aside from softball, I don't have anything In common with my teammates.
(*Extrapalating out, I don't have anything in common with my work-mates, either)

Then, my epiphany: Growing up, I didn't look like my dad or mom or brother (see my TR for photos) and had to have my own children so someone would look like me. At work, nothing in common with anyone my age, and the Older associates naturally have older children.

So, why am I upset that I don't have things in common with people that don't have the things I have? A DW that still likes me and has a PhD, 4 munchkins, and 5 trips to WDW under my belt. I really shouldn't be! THEY should be jealous of ME, not the other way around. Now I feel better. Thanks for listening.

Aaand I'm back.

I went to work softball game. I was late because my DS8 had baseball practice that went late. I arrived at softball at 6:18 for a 6:00 game. Yes, I was late. My team is up to bat when I arrive, and "The Skip" says, "Oh, we don't need you. You're too late to play." :thumbsup2 you, skip! :thumbsup2

Man, I was p*ssed. With 4 kids, and a DW that starts teaching evenings in June, I'm only up to play in 4 of the 12 games anyway, and I'm told to leave. That sucks.

Then I consider the facts: I'm 32 with 4 little ones. 2 guys are OLDER than me with kids that are younger than mine (but fewer of them). The remaining 6 girls and 7 guys are single 20-somethings. So, aside from softball, I don't have anything In common with my teammates.
(*Extrapalating out, I don't have anything in common with my work-mates, either)

Then, my epiphany: Growing up, I didn't look like my dad or mom or brother (see my TR for photos) and had to have my own children so someone would look like me. At work, nothing in common with anyone my age, and the Older associates naturally have older children.

So, why am I upset that I don't have things in common with people that don't have the things I have? A DW that still likes me and has a PhD, 4 munchkins, and 5 trips to WDW under my belt. I really shouldn't be! THEY should be jealous of ME, not the other way around. Now I feel better. Thanks for listening.

Heaven forbid you put your family before others...

Maybe they are jealous....Rock on!

Ok, time for my first rant.

We've been getting some better weather and have started working ground getting ready to plant corn. There's a lady who owns some ground that we farm on share. She provides the ground, we provide labor and equipment, we pay half the seed/fertilizer/chemicals and she pays half, then we get half the grain and she gets half.

Her daughter walks into the office where my MOM works and tells HER (not my dad who actually farms the ground) that she doesn't want any fertilizer or chemicals used on the farm and wants us to raise organic corn and soybeans. :scared1::scared1::scared1::thumbsup2:thumbsup2

At this point, all the inputs are bought (fertilizer, seed, chemicals). I'm literally getting ready to pull into that field with a cultivator when we find out this information. It is too late to get manure on the field in place of fertilizer, so essentially, if we farm that field organically, she and dad will lose money. I don't think she understands that you can't change an entire farming operation in 1 day, and there is NO MARKET for organic corn and soybeans. It is just going to go in the same pile as all the other grain... so a more expensive production technique that produces a yield drag and has no income benefit. Wanna guess why there is virtually nobody doing organic grain??????

Dad is going to try to talk her out of it, but at this point don't know what will happen. He doesn't want to put $100/acre worth of seed in the ground when you can't take care of it properly.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

By the way, I've never heard my dad say Peanut Butter and Beverly as much as he was yesterday afternoon.

Aaand I'm back.

You've got your priorities straight, don't worry about them. I play softball in a rec league and it just annoys the crap out of me how seriously some people take it. My skip yelled at me last week for swinging at a ball... it is rec league softball! I don't play so I can hold a bat on my shoulder and walk to first base. The only reason I play is because I want to swing the bat and if I can reach the ball, I will!!!!

Ok, time for my first rant.

We've been getting some better weather and have started working ground getting ready to plant corn. There's a lady who owns some ground that we farm on share. She provides the ground, we provide labor and equipment, we pay half the seed/fertilizer/chemicals and she pays half, then we get half the grain and she gets half.

Her daughter walks into the office where my MOM works and tells HER (not my dad who actually farms the ground) that she doesn't want any fertilizer or chemicals used on the farm and wants us to raise organic corn and soybeans. :scared1::scared1::scared1::thumbsup2:thumbsup2

At this point, all the inputs are bought (fertilizer, seed, chemicals). I'm literally getting ready to pull into that field with a cultivator when we find out this information. It is too late to get manure on the field in place of fertilizer, so essentially, if we farm that field organically, she and dad will lose money. I don't think she understands that you can't change an entire farming operation in 1 day, and there is NO MARKET for organic corn and soybeans. It is just going to go in the same pile as all the other grain... so a more expensive production technique that produces a yield drag and has no income benefit. Wanna guess why there is virtually nobody doing organic grain??????

Dad is going to try to talk her out of it, but at this point don't know what will happen. He doesn't want to put $100/acre worth of seed in the ground when you can't take care of it properly.

By the way, I've never heard my dad say Peanut Butter and Beverly as much as he was yesterday afternoon.

Ummm... Maybe I missed something... but this was the daughter saying this. Are her parents in on this, too? (I'm assuming the parents are still around). Anyway... definitely sounds like a peanut buttery situation. Just curious... would she have any legal grounds to keep you from going ahead with what was planned? (I know very little about farming:rolleyes1)

Ummm... Maybe I missed something... but this was the daughter saying this. Are her parents in on this, too? (I'm assuming the parents are still around). Anyway... definitely sounds like a peanut buttery situation. Just curious... would she have any legal grounds to keep you from going ahead with what was planned? (I know very little about farming:rolleyes1)

It is the daughter. Her dad passed away a year ago and he used to run the farm. He actually understood how things work. The farm belongs to the mom now, but the daughter runs her life (and she isn't incapable of thinking and acting for herself, she just doesn't put up a fight). Legally, I have no idea. If it was a cash rent, they'd have no leg to stand on, but with a crop share, they pay part of the inputs and get part of the income, so they technically have as much say on that as we do. A little more notice would be fantastic though. I'm hoping dad can talk to her today and get something settled out, but really it's a late spring and our priority is getting seed in the ground right now, not dealing with her BS. We farm the ground all around that farm, so we'd hate to lose it, but that might be the best option if it comes down to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter