The Official Fall/Fall Advantage 2010 Thread!

So kinda new to the Boards, what up Dis kids?

I'm pending for a CP in concierge, interviewed Feb 12th. I called them the other day and they said I was still pending. I also applied for 2 PIs in Guest Relations and MK Special Events.

The wait is a killer, you guys are all right. Congrats to the people who have got their acceptances, I am wicked jealous.

So kinda new to the Boards, what up Dis kids?

I'm pending for a CP in concierge, interviewed Feb 12th. I called them the other day and they said I was still pending. I also applied for 2 PIs in Guest Relations and MK Special Events.

The wait is a killer, you guys are all right. Congrats to the people who have got their acceptances, I am wicked jealous.

Welcome and good luck!

Did they ask you during the interview if you'd be willing to work QSFB? They did in mine and I said I would if it was the only way I could participate. If I said no, they wouldn't have considered me for that role and only picked from top 3. Luckily they didn't give it to me. They gave me my first choice, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, because I'm a make up artist and worked with kids at Build A Bear also :). Child experience is great anywhere in Disney, but the roles you asked for aren't all about the children. They deal with everyone. They definitely should have considered you for the character attendant role though. If I were you, I'd call my recruiter about it ONLY if you didn't say yes to QSFB during your interview. I hope this helps! :)

The gal had asked if I had ever worked in food or if I would be interstead... I told her no to both :l

A very out of the blue question for those who may know the answer to this.

I live in Florida, I've lived here for almost all of my life (lol) so I know we get these insane lightening and thunderstorms (like the insane apocalypse we had this morning...)
Are the cast members still supposed to be out there during these very dangerous storms (meaning standing outside, not under a shelter) to still sell items to guests?
This question would be for former merchandise cast members...

What was the name of your interviewer? The same-ish kinda thing happened to me too....

I don't remember :C all i know is that she had a british accent and was not very friendly at all... in fact, some of her questions seemed almost automated :l

If any situation becomes unsafe the cast members are instructed to head off stage

I live in Florida, I've lived here for almost all of my life (lol) so I know we get these insane lightening and thunderstorms (like the insane apocalypse we had this morning...)
Are the cast members still supposed to be out there during these very dangerous storms (meaning standing outside, not under a shelter) to still sell items to guests?

I know in entertainment they don't make us go stand out in the storms, I'm pretty sure everyone is moved inside or under things at least. Disney's very very big about Safety or safeD as they say, so I'm sure you wont have to be a lightning rod. (which they also have a ton of lighting rods to attract it away from people, but I'm still pretty sure you don't have to be outside for it/un covered for it.

I just finished my phone interview so now its a waiting game!

Good luck to everyone who still has their interview :)

When I worked in merchandise, if it started raining bad enough (even if there was no lightning), we would close down the carts. Also, if there was just lighting (but no rain) we would close down as well.

When I worked in merchandise, if it started raining bad enough (even if there was no lightning), we would close down the carts. Also, if there was just lighting (but no rain) we would close down as well.

That's good to know that carts close during some storms! If it does start raining and you have to close your cart, do you report to another location or are you on grid? Do you get an ER?

That's good to know that carts close during some storms! If it does start raining and you have to close your cart, do you report to another location or are you on grid? Do you get an ER?

It depends on how busy it is, and staffing. If it's not too busy, and there are enough people, there were times when we got ERs. But if it's busy (or it doesn't look like it will be raining long) we usually got sent to another location.

I just finished my interview too! I'm glad it's over.. honestly I don't think it was very good. I was so nervous. :guilty:

I have put the application in but the presentation here on campus is next week. So I just have to go back in and put the presentation code in. Hope to be there for the Fall Advantage.

I have put the application in but the presentation here on campus is next week. So I just have to go back in and put the presentation code in. Hope to be there for the Fall Advantage.

It takes 30 minutes to 1 hour max to do the online presentation. I would seriously do that first and get your phone interview... its getting late into the app process now. You can still go to the presentation but its not like those recruiters can recommend people or make any difference on your actual application.

I'd say go do the e-presentation, heck you don't even have to watch it, just keep clicking the forward button! my bf did that because we watched the presentation together and found out we could do that.... then go back and actually watch it/attend the real presentation... otherwise you lose your chances of getting into the program because its getting later into the process.

so watch the E-presentation, get the code, and schedule that phone interview! :D
:woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter