The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

We are checking in tomorrow and will report back!

the Murphy bed issues seem to be resolved? I read on FB someone checked in yesterday and asked about beds and was told they were all fine. Hope so!

We rode the Skyliner from HS to EP the other day and it was very enjoyable. The CMs at the Riviera stop were singing Christmas carols when we passed by
Can’t wait to hear all about your Riviera Experience!

We visited the resort this week and loved it. We can't wait to stay next fall on our next trip. I liked the decor, the layout (other than we had to find the elevators to get up the lobby when coming from the Skyliner, not a big deal once you know). The counter service area was very inviting and it was nice to see the Freestyle machines there. People were very friendly. We walked around and was very impressed with everything.
The smell, as someone pointed out, smelled like some of the hotels in Las Vegas (Treasure Island if I remember for one) and smelled like suntan lotion to me. Wasn't bad but was a bit weird at first.
I do wish they had a store like the one at Wilderness Lodge as the one shop is really small (still think that WL is the best lobby anywhere).

We are checking into the New Gran Destino Tower next week and then Riv in February so we can compare the two of them for everyone. I think most people just have a bad taste in their mouth due to the restrictions but I honestly don't know why you would buy points with a thought of I could sell these later. DVC is just prepaying the rooms not an investment so the restrictions don't bother us

It isn't buying with the intention to sell. Have an experience or two where you learn that flexibility, finances and situation may change and a person can end up placing a higher importance on it. Then there's the part where a lot of people won't own their contracts to their end. And if there's a product at the same location (WDW) that allows a better transfer and potential higher cost recover vs a similar one that has more restrictions and potential downside? That's when the scrutiny and possible trade offs start happening assuming you aren't ambivalent about where you stay.

We are checking in tomorrow and will report back!

the Murphy bed issues seem to be resolved? I read on FB someone checked in yesterday and asked about beds and was told they were all fine. Hope so!

We rode the Skyliner from HS to EP the other day and it was very enjoyable. The CMs at the Riviera stop were singing Christmas carols when we passed by

so excited and jealous!! Lol. I would love to hear about your experiences. That’s so cute about the Carols. The CMs are so great! I hope you get to try all the beds! Definitely report back about Le Petit Cafe if you get something from there. Not much out about it yet. Have a great trip!!
We are checking into the New Gran Destino Tower next week and then Riv in February so we can compare the two of them for everyone. I think most people just have a bad taste in their mouth due to the restrictions but I honestly don't know why you would buy points with a thought of I could sell these later. DVC is just prepaying the rooms not an investment so the restrictions don't bother us

I’d love to hear your thoughts. I’m a graphic designer and the art at the Grand Destino just makes me drool. I’ve never been a fan of Coronado Springs but the design of Grand Destino is just beautiful. Plus the 3Bridges Bar looks awesome! Have a great trip!

I was able to get a dinner reservation for one next week at Toppolinos. I have friends flying down for a guys Disney trip (we are huge Star Wars nerds, don’t judge) and they will not arrive until late In the evening. I have been mostly on the fence regarding the Riviera. I like the rooms but I’m not crazy about the location or the point chart. I’m indifferent to the resale restrictions.

We currently own at CCV and would like to eventually add on another 100 points. Before or after dinner I’m going to walk around the Riviera to get a better feel for it.

I have booked a Tower Studio for March. They are few, however does anyone know at this point their location in the towers? I would love it if I were given a higher floor and perhaps a water view, (facing Caribbean Resort). Thus, does anyone know if I were to request a specific location in the towers what to request? Thank you.

I have booked a Tower Studio for March. They are few, however does anyone know at this point their location in the towers? I would love it if I were given a higher floor and perhaps a water view, (facing Caribbean Resort). Thus, does anyone know if I were to request a specific location in the towers what to request? Thank you.

From all the videos I’ve watched online it appears that they overlook the parking lot.

From all the videos I’ve watched online it appears that they overlook the parking lot.
Yes there are 3 tower studios on each floor from the 1st floor to the 8th floor I believe. If inside looking out the studio to to far right side of the tower has the view of the parking lot as seen in the video. The studio to the left of this (center) has views of the parking lot and retention pond area. The studio to the far left has a retention pond and Skyliner station view. All tower studios should have views of Epcot fireworks and the studios of the left side and center should also be able to see HS fireworks with the higher up rooms being better than the lower room floors.

Last edited:
Yes there are 3 tower studios on each floor from the 3rd floor to the 10th floor I believe. If inside looking out the studio to to far right side of the tower has the view of the parking lot as seen in the video. The studio to the left of this (center) has views of the parking lot and retention pond area. The studio to the far left has a retention pond and Skyliner station view. All tower studios should have views of Epcot fireworks and the studios of the left side and center should also be able to see HS fireworks with the higher up rooms being better than the lower room floors.

Excellent summary. Thank you! We requested a high floor for March. Not sure the best way to ask for the “room on the left” but we will try.

I haven’t stayed yet but it definitely won’t matter like it does at POR. As far as I understand, the East and west wings are equidistant from the bus stop but the west wing is closer to the Skyliner. Will you be in Standard or Preferred?
Standard

I was able to get a dinner reservation for one next week at Toppolinos. I have friends flying down for a guys Disney trip (we are huge Star Wars nerds, don’t judge) and they will not arrive until late In the evening. I have been mostly on the fence regarding the Riviera. I like the rooms but I’m not crazy about the location or the point chart. I’m indifferent to the resale restrictions.

We currently own at CCV and would like to eventually add on another 100 points. Before or after dinner I’m going to walk around the Riviera to get a better feel for it.

We are Star Wars fans too, although in the lesser end of that spectrum. Lol. That’s awesome you got a reservation. I added a bunch of reviews from other sites to the first post if you want to read up on what to order. I’m sooo into the cheese cart and buratta. Too many cheese options!

I’m sure you’ll know what you should do once you get there. I hope you get to enjoy all the resort has to offer (I added activities info too to the first post if you have time not in the parks. Please let us know how it goes!!

The only standard rooms I’ve seen people post about were on the front side of the hotel. You could request and cross your fingers for a fireworks view?

I am so, so new to DVC. But, not new to planning Disney trips. On a couples trip, my husband and I just ate at Topolino's Terrace for breakfast (it was amazing) and had the chance to look around the resort. The next day we went on a DVC tour of the Riviera rooms at Saratoga Springs. Thought about it a week, and have now bought into Riviera resort. We are really looking forward to staying there in September. It just seems amazing that we now officially have a "home" at Disney! But any tips you all have about using my points efficiently I would love to hear!

The only standard rooms I’ve seen people post about were on the front side of the hotel. You could request and cross your fingers for a fireworks view?
I think the front of the resort is largely standard rooms. We are in the east wing and overlook the port cochere, the bus stop, and have a view of the Epcot ball and some of the Epcot fireworks. If you’re making a room request I’d suggest only East/west wing (though the west wing may be forbidden, lol), and high floor. Maybe “near elevator” if it matters to you but it’s not a far walk for most, and the hallways seem really quiet. We are about halfway down ...

will post a review separately, later, but first impressions are very good! The resort feels like a boutique-y European hotel, the artwork is lovely, the beds are super comfortable, and the rooms may be our favorite on Disney property. (And we just came from the Grand Floridian, shhhh)

It isn't buying with the intention to sell. Have an experience or two where you learn that flexibility, finances and situation may change and a person can end up placing a higher importance on it. Then there's the part where a lot of people won't own their contracts to their end. And if there's a product at the same location (WDW) that allows a better transfer and potential higher cost recover vs a similar one that has more restrictions and potential downside? That's when the scrutiny and possible trade offs start happening assuming you aren't ambivalent about where you stay.

Bang on.

It is called life. You just never know, no matter how many responsible choices you make.

I owned two contracts. I bought both outright. I waited ten years (have owned for 15 or so) to not finance. I had the means to easily finance it during that time. But I wanted to pay up front so *life* would never impact my beloved DVC.

And despite that choice I still felt the need to sell one contract this year. I looked after my mother for a couple of years, until she passed away. That meant everything changed for me (no regrets at all) I sold my home to rent for her about a year in, long story. And in that short time I lost over 120 000 in a fast moving market, coming back in so to speak. Actually the market change was so quick I would have been up by approximately 400 000 with another option. Yes I know hard to believe but a crazy downtown market change. This was literally in a year and a half.

So life happens. In ways one can never see. The Riviera restrictions do need to be given great consideration. Flexibility is important.

------------

It is a gorgeous resort, was just there. No interest from me even beyond the restrictions. I have lived in condos for twenty years. Simply want a different feel on vacation. I ate at Bar Riva. Food was okay but it is a relaxing spot. Toured all around. They did a great job with design, with the entire resort.

That’s good to hear. I was on chat with a Disney person and she said there was no toaster In the deluxe studio kitchenette.
I’m so grateful for you guys!!

That’s good to hear. I was on chat with a Disney person and she said there was no toaster In the deluxe studio kitchenette.
I’m so grateful for you guys!!
I feel like if you did get a room without one, if you called down, they would bring you one up if they have extras. Or at least I would hope they would.

I am so, so new to DVC. But, not new to planning Disney trips. On a couples trip, my husband and I just ate at Topolino's Terrace for breakfast (it was amazing) and had the chance to look around the resort. The next day we went on a DVC tour of the Riviera rooms at Saratoga Springs. Thought about it a week, and have now bought into Riviera resort. We are really looking forward to staying there in September. It just seems amazing that we now officially have a "home" at Disney! But any tips you all have about using my points efficiently I would love to hear!

Congrats and welcome home, neighbor! I'm new to DVC too, so I don't have many tips other than what you probably already know... book at 11 months if you can to get standard view if you don't mind it as it's a lot fewer points.

We bought 100 points to go every other or 3rd year since we are from California and prefer longer trips further apart.

I think the front of the resort is largely standard rooms. We are in the east wing and overlook the port cochere, the bus stop, and have a view of the Epcot ball and some of the Epcot fireworks. If you’re making a room request I’d suggest only East/west wing (though the west wing may be forbidden, lol), and high floor. Maybe “near elevator” if it matters to you but it’s not a far walk for most, and the hallways seem really quiet. We are about halfway down ...

will post a review separately, later, but first impressions are very good! The resort feels like a boutique-y European hotel, the artwork is lovely, the beds are super comfortable, and the rooms may be our favorite on Disney property. (And we just came from the Grand Floridian, shhhh)

Yay for comfortable beds. That can make a trip miserable when combined with all the walking.

And I will keep your GF secret as I feel the same. Lol.

Bang on.

It is called life. You just never know, no matter how many responsible choices you make.

I owned two contracts. I bought both outright. I waited ten years (have owned for 15 or so) to not finance. I had the means to easily finance it during that time. But I wanted to pay up front so *life* would never impact my beloved DVC.

And despite that choice I still felt the need to sell one contract this year. I looked after my mother for a couple of years, until she passed away. That meant everything changed for me (no regrets at all) I sold my home to rent for her about a year in, long story. And in that short time I lost over 120 000 in a fast moving market, coming back in so to speak. Actually the market change was so quick I would have been up by approximately 400 000 with another option. Yes I know hard to believe but a crazy downtown market change. This was literally in a year and a half.

So life happens. In ways one can never see. The Riviera restrictions do need to be given great consideration. Flexibility is important.

------------

It is a gorgeous resort, was just there. No interest from me even beyond the restrictions. I have lived in condos for twenty years. Simply want a different feel on vacation. I ate at Bar Riva. Food was okay but it is a relaxing spot. Toured all around. They did a great job with design, with the entire resort.

May I ask what you had at Bar Riva? Hopefully some dishes are better than others.

I know what you mean about wanting a different feel on vacation. I felt that way about Coronado Springs when we lived in Arizona for a few years.

Sorry to hear about your experience in the market. Getting to my 40s has definitely shown me that you never know what’s coming next.

The restrictions definitely caused me to hesitate where I wouldn’t have without them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter