The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

Looking at the photo on FB I think the entire bed unit became detached from the wall - wasn’t properly secured to the wall. If I were Disney I’d be having every one of those beds in the Riviera checked for proper secure installation. And if there is a weight limit I’d make sure that limit was prominently included in the room description, because small kids aren’t the only people who are going to sleep there.
That is on the contractor for not installing properly and Disney will take the heat for it. After seeing how it fell off the wall it looks like they just screwed them into drywall which won't hold anything

I'm worried about reading the latest touring plans article about the tower rooms for two people. The article felt it wasn't worth the value based on the size of the room, they felt they were claustrophobic inside the room and the only saving grace is 'maybe' discounts because the price doesn't match what you're getting in terms of size. Do you all have opinions on it? I didn't link the article (i saw it on twitter).

Disney is charging $600 per night for a Tower Studio on a random night in March. I would agree that's a *terrible* value. Now, at 21 points per night at a cost basis of ~$12 per point ($188/50 + $8.3 MF) that's $252. Much better.

I would love to see actual measurements of the single/twin pull down beds in the deluxe studios and 1BR units. It could just be the pictures, but the version in the 1BR looks larger than the one in the deluxe studios (at least to me).

I would love to see actual measurements of the single/twin pull down beds in the deluxe studios and 1BR units. It could just be the pictures, but the version in the 1BR looks larger than the one in the deluxe studios (at least to me).

What is the size of the Riveria 1 BR villa ?

That is on the contractor for not installing properly and Disney will take the heat for it. After seeing how it fell off the wall it looks like they just screwed them into drywall which won't hold anything

I did that with drywall screws for a towel rack. The towel rack also fell out of my bathroom wall...

Contractors cut corners to save money in the form of labor and materials on all levels of construction. It’s sad but true. :( It’s one of the reasons we aren’t moving into a new construction home closer to my kids’ school versus staying put in our home built 30+ years ago. This house is solid!

I did that with drywall screws for a towel rack. The towel rack also fell out of my bathroom wall...

Contractors cut corners to save money in the form of labor and materials on all levels of construction. It’s sad but true. :( It’s one of the reasons we aren’t moving into a new construction home closer to my kids’ school versus staying put in our home built 30+ years ago. This house is solid!
Exactly, it's just a shame that someone had to get hurt but Disney will make it right. I hope Disney goes after the builder on this one

Exactly, it's just a shame that someone had to get hurt but Disney will make it right. I hope Disney goes after the builder on this one

I agree. It would definitely its scare me to have a large piece of furniture fall on me. 😬

Has anyone tried the character breakfast meal at the resort yet? Made a reservation in Jan but want to know if it's worth the price

Has anyone tried the character breakfast meal at the resort yet? Made a reservation in Jan but want to know if it's worth the price
I would suggest watching the review video The Dis crew put up last night. They tried what looks to be one of everything as a group

Yep, exactly what I thought - the contractor cut corners, and Disney needs to go after them. I'm hoping Disney sent their own crew through the entire resort today, checking the installation of all the beds attached to the walls - what if the big sofa beds weren't attached properly either? A brand new resort shouldn't be falling apart the first night!

Can't wait to do some merch shopping there!! Saw pics of some merch and will definitely be buying at rivieria lots of cute things next time I am there.

We had breakfast yesterday. If you are not on the dining plan I would eat somewhere else. the food was good but not worth 41 dollars per person.

I have two trips this year booked into Tower Studio rooms. I was also concerned by the Touring Plans review. Mostly about the light (or lack thereof). I do shorter trips and usually solo so the space is not an issue. Will be curious to read reviews as they come up.

I was able to book two nights in a Tower Studio for a solo trip in May, but even before the reviews started coming out, I switched to a full studio elsewhere. I'm used to living and staying in smaller spaces, but the tower studio just seems too small for the points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter