*** The Official September 2018 Thread *** let's get started to have some fun

We initially were going by ourselves for our 5th trip alone to wdw without kids, well mine are now 24 and 21 but now they are going but staying at a different resort and will do their own thing, have a few meals with us maybe a day or two in the park, altho hubby and I take afternoon breaks to swim...

We always get weird looks bc we choose to vacation Disney as adults... Ive gotten use to it tho and dont mind as much as I use to... They have no idea what they are missing..

Hey everyone. New here but hoping to book soon for a September vacation. It will be my 6th time going and the first for my son! We want to celebrate his 5th birthday there. I'm admittedly worried about hurricane season and crowds. I got very claustrophobic last time at Magic kingdom so we thought September would be as good as it gets.

We hope to stay at either Port Orleans or Art of Animation. Everything else is a blur right now. I'm trying not to get too excited in case of hurricanes or other hiccups

My last trip was in 2012 so they were doing trials for the new fast pass system. I'm very curious about how it's changed and everything. I remember thinking it was already amazingly effective considering the crowd levels.

:welcome:
I've not been in September either, but from every account I've heard, Disney takes very good care of it's guests during a severe weather event. With that said, you may want to consider trip insurance just in case.

Which Port Orleans resort are you considering? I've stayed at both French Quarter (smaller) and Riverside (much larger but with more to do). I've also stayed at Art of Animation in the Little Mermaid room. The resort is cool but that walk from the lobby or buses was kind of a pain.

We initially were going by ourselves for our 5th trip alone to wdw without kids, well mine are now 24 and 21 but now they are going but staying at a different resort and will do their own thing, have a few meals with us maybe a day or two in the park, altho hubby and I take afternoon breaks to swim...

We always get weird looks bc we choose to vacation Disney as adults... Ive gotten use to it tho and dont mind as much as I use to... They have no idea what they are missing..
DH and I enjoy Disney and don't have children. Some of my family/friends don't see the appeal, but it doesn't bother me one bit. I've taken nieces and nephews and I have to say we have much more fun when it's just us because we can be more flexible.

Hi all!!:wave:DH and I are going to be there September 25th to October 4th. We are staying at ASMo. New resort!!:hyper:

We will actually be there ON our anniversary, so I am very excited. We will of course be doing MNSSHP too, and I'm sure we'll spend plenty of time at F&W. Also I am praying for FD as I'm sure many of you are too!!:mickeybar2 days until booking those ADRs!!

Congrats on your trips everybody. Hope you and your families have such magical vacations!!:smickey:

Congrats to all of you as well! Our actual date is September 5 so like you, we aren't there on our actual but close enough. :) We've had the same reaction as far as people raising an eyebrow when we say where we are going but without the kids. LOL We've never been to WDW as just a couple so we're very much looking forward to a more relaxed time in the World. That and Epcot F&W with no guilt! We will be at Fort Wilderness in our camper and spending one day each at Epcot, MK, and AK. Skipping HS this time (now if Star Wars was already open this would be a different story!) We've got ADRs at Spice Road Table, BOG breakfast, Skipper Canteen, Tusker House (breakfast), and Yak and Yeti. Can't wait!

We're also looking forward to a more relaxed trip. We've always had others with us - our kids or someone else's (church groups, etc.), so this will be our first time to kind of wing it and relax a little. We only have two ADRs, which is a complete departure from what we're used to. I'll probably end up making more, but we've decided (well, I promised) not to plan every minute this time.

We'll be there for our 20th anniversary as well! Our actual anniversary is in November, but we couldn't make those dates work. It's fun to know that I'm not the only one celebrating my anniversary with a mouse. Ha! And probably making my friends raise their eyebrows because they think "Disney is for kids."

You definitely are not, we celebrate every year at Disney, we love it. :)

Congrats to all of you as well! Our actual date is September 5 so like you, we aren't there on our actual but close enough. :) We've had the same reaction as far as people raising an eyebrow when we say where we are going but without the kids. LOL We've never been to WDW as just a couple so we're very much looking forward to a more relaxed time in the World. That and Epcot F&W with no guilt! We will be at Fort Wilderness in our camper and spending one day each at Epcot, MK, and AK. Skipping HS this time (now if Star Wars was already open this would be a different story!) We've got ADRs at Spice Road Table, BOG breakfast, Skipper Canteen, Tusker House (breakfast), and Yak and Yeti. Can't wait!

Congratulations!!!!

:welcome:
I've not been in September either, but from every account I've heard, Disney takes very good care of it's guests during a severe weather event. With that said, you may want to consider trip insurance just in case.

Which Port Orleans resort are you considering? I've stayed at both French Quarter (smaller) and Riverside (much larger but with more to do). I've also stayed at Art of Animation in the Little Mermaid room. The resort is cool but that walk from the lobby or buses was kind of a pain.

Thank you for the warm welcome! I feel at home anywhere around Disney obsessed people :)

We fell in love with Port Orleans. We've only been to Riverside so far and had wanted to try FQ this time. I'm not normally fixated on what kind of room we have but we couldn't deny the loveliness of the atmosphere at Port Orleans. It seemed so quiet even in June. It felt like we had it all to ourselves. No issues with buses either which we were warned could happen. I'd love to hear of any other great resorts. We usually do All Star resorts which honestly were perfectly fine for us too. Perhaps more crowded than I'd prefer.

We will definitely do travel insurance. Totally worth it.

Hypothetically, would they reimburse if they had to close the parks for weather? We planned on buffering our trip an extra day or two but didn't know if we would have to pay for an extra park day? Disney is so amazing that I expect that they have great customer service in this area.

:)

We went three years in a row as child free adults. I'm not kidding that I legitimately mourned the fact that we couldn't go again until our son was older. We also lamented the possibility that our son would not love it as we do. Our son is 5 and we've waited long enough. Here we come.

I'm sorry you get weird looks. I'd give weird looks to the people giving weird looks :) We had no shame going as adults. They truly don't know what they are missing. Our friend went without her daughter this year actually and her daughter is 6 lol.

We'll be there 21-29, staying offsite. I've only been one other time and that was also in September (about a week earlier) so I'm excited! We encountered crowds here and there but for the most part had short waits and walked on to a lot!

ETA: two adults, no kids. We are celebrating our 10th anniversary. We visited for our 5th and a friend gave us the idea to go back every five years.

We'll be there 21-29, staying offsite. I've only been one other time and that was also in September (about a week earlier) so I'm excited! We encountered crowds here and there but for the most part had short waits and walked on to a lot!

ETA: two adults, no kids. We are celebrating our 10th anniversary. We visited for our 5th and a friend gave us the idea to go back every five years.

Congrats on your 10th!! Seems to be a lot of us going in September to celebrate anniversaries. I know my wife and I can't wait!

We will be celebrating our 10th as well!

Hey all! May I join in? I am going Sept 21-29. My nephew and his wife will be joining me on the 22nd and we are staying in a timeshare off property. Been getting up every day this week making ADRs. We are going to do the party on 9/25 and while they are going to Universal, I am going to Sleepy Hollow. First time for the party and for F&W festival. Will post my schedule once I get everything set.

Looking forward to this thread!

sent you a pm

I was up early this morning to make my dining reservations.
Had a problem when the screen froze.
Restarted the set up and could not get a confirmation number for what I set in place.

Called Disney dining and got straight through.
Exciting and unusual to have no waits.

CM told me the online system is having issues.
She did see one of my reservations did go through but not the others.

Was able to get everything for the times and days I needed.

This was a great day for me....!

sent you a pm

Got it and it got added! Thanks for letting me know.

As for booking dining - it is hit or miss. We haven't booked much for our trip but that Stitch frame (someone ate the page) is my friend now. Still waiting for Savor, Sip and Sparkle and Dessert Parties (HEA, Starwars and Hallowishes) to be released.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter