The Poly2 Pricing Thread

Will Poly2 Be a Part of the Original Polynesian Condo Association?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Agreed, this allows PBV to be marketed as a complete resort, studios, 1br, 2 br and bungalows. I think it will greatly increase the interest with the diversity in rooms.

While I think Disney is being deliberately vague so far, this is one of the major arguments in favor of them adding the new units to the existing association. The Bungalows are a big part of the vibe of the resort, especially for impulse vacation buyers. Plus, they could build fewer Studios if they are adding onto the existing association -- we're lousy with studios already! -- letting them build and sell a lot more points for the square footage.

The other major incentive for Disney is the ability to roll the entire property over in 2042, re-selling the points again 8 years earlier. It also simplifies the sales and marketing and offer more value and simplicity to would-be buyers.

I don't know what impact this would have on MFs. There would be new amenities, but they would also be allocated across many more points.

I'm not sure I agree. They are actively selling VGF2, and an obvious question is can resale stay in Poly tower. They need to be able to answer that question honestly. They have to announce one way or the other.

Playing this both ways is gross when you are trying to sell with the most important Blue Card perk, FOMO.
I was discussing the situation purely from the Disney business side in order to make sense of their current actions. While they are currently selling VGF2, it is not open for sales to new members for the first two months. Only when sales is open to everyone will any comparisons with RIV sales be valid. Hopefully, after enough data comes in, it will show that buyers prefer contracts that have no restrictions. I think that only then will Disney make their decision and be able to answer the questions that we all have.

I was discussing the situation purely from the Disney business side in order to make sense of their current actions. While they are currently selling VGF2, it is not open for sales to new members for the first two months. Only when sales is open to everyone will any comparisons with RIV sales be valid. Hopefully, after enough data comes in, it will show that buyers prefer contracts that have no restrictions. I think that only then will Disney make their decision and be able to answer the questions that we all have.

I believe VGF will open to everyone on April 1st.

It's fun to speculate, even if for the moment there is no definitive answer.
However, if they're separate resorts, will Poly1 need the pool hopping perk to go to the new pool by Poly2?

While I think Disney is being deliberately vague so far, this is one of the major arguments in favor of them adding the new units to the existing association. The Bungalows are a big part of the vibe of the resort, especially for impulse vacation buyers. Plus, they could build fewer Studios if they are adding onto the existing association -- we're lousy with studios already! -- letting them build and sell a lot more points for the square footage.

The other major incentive for Disney is the ability to roll the entire property over in 2042, re-selling the points again 8 years earlier. It also simplifies the sales and marketing and offer more value and simplicity to would-be buyers.

I don't know what impact this would have on MFs. There would be new amenities, but they would also be allocated across many more points.
Considering how upfront DVC was in announcing right away that VGF2 would be a part of the existing association, I think their deliberate vagueness is more an indication that they are seriously considering creating a new association. If they didn't, I think the new tower would be overwhelmed with existing owners booking accommodations, which wouldn't really help their bottom line.
This looks pretty much like a compact but totally new resort...more of a BRV / CCV situation.

Considering how upfront DVC was in announcing right away that VGF2 would be a part of the existing association, I think their deliberate vagueness is more an indication that they are seriously considering creating a new association. If they didn't, I think the new tower would be overwhelmed with existing owners booking accommodations, which wouldn't really help their bottom line.
This looks pretty much like a compact but totally new resort...more of a BRV / CCV situation.
I agree with this.
From DVC’s perspective, to get more people to buy direct, they need to have a new association with resale restrictions. If they don’t then many will buy Poly resale or just use their existing SAP to try to book at 7 months. At the moment, resale restrictions is the only real benefit of direct.

I agree with this.
From DVC’s perspective, to get more people to buy direct, they need to have a new association with resale restrictions. If they don’t then many will buy Poly resale or just use their existing SAP to try to book at 7 months. At the moment, resale restrictions is the only real benefit of direct.

That makes it especially slimy if OOPS it's a O14. They really should come out with an honest response.

You’re assuming you’ll be able to book the new tower at 11 months, which could very well be incorrect if it’s part of a new association, like BRV and CCV. You might still be able to enjoy the facilities there while having zero booking advantage. Personally, for me, it would be a bit frustrating owning at Poly 1, watching a beautiful new tower rise on the grounds, yet being basically locked out of it. Resale value for Poly1 could plummet, and in my opinion you’ll see that downward trend right away because of DVC’s vague wording on the announcement, which many interpret to imply a new association.
POLY1 resale is still good at O14, that value will not plummet.

POLY1 resale is still good at O14, that value will not plummet.
Maybe "plummet" is too strong a word. But I do think potential Poly resale buyers will have to consider that their points might have no home resort advantage at what looks to be a pretty spectacular new tower, and might not be willing to pay as much for them as a result.

I think their deliberate vagueness is more an indication that they are seriously considering creating a new association. If they didn't, I think the new tower would be overwhelmed with existing owners booking accommodations, which wouldn't really help their bottom line.

This argument is persuasive. I don't see why Disney would offer a range of accommodation options to the existing PVB customer base. New building for new customers and everyone else at 7 months. Of course Disney may have their own financial reasons to add to an existing condo but I would think expanding would be generous.

This argument is persuasive. I don't see why Disney would offer a range of accommodation options to the existing PVB customer base. New building for new customers and everyone else at 7 months. Of course Disney may have their own financial reasons to add to an existing condo but I would think expanding would be generous.
On one hand, giving new buyers access to a lot of existing inventory could be good. Especially if the proportion of room sizes is as speculated by DVCNews, the new resort may very well develop a similar patter as other small(ish) resorts if sold as standalone: real fight for studios and 1BR that are available well into the 7 months window most of the year. Having access to hundreds of studios at 11 months (that even with the bungalows are not difficult to get for owners) can help sell the resort.
On the other, if one is interested in larger rooms, then giving access to old owners the villas could become more difficult to get than studios. This might stop someone from buying if they think that booking a 1BR, 2BR or GV could be difficult given the millions of points sold against studios and bungalows for PV1.

It's all down to what would sell better. I can say, with a good degree of certainty, Disney won't take in any account what is best for the existing or even the new members.

Last edited:
On one hand, giving new buyers access to a lot of existing inventory could be good. Especially if the proportion of room sizes is as speculated by DVCNews, the new resort may very well develop a similar patter as other small(ish) resorts if sold as standalone: real fight for studios and 1BR that are available well into the 7 months window most of the year. Having access to hundreds of studios at 11 months (that even with the bungalows are not difficult to get for owners) can help sell the resort.
On the other, if one is interested in larger rooms, then giving access to old owners could the villas to become more difficult to get than studios. This might stop someone from buying if they perceive that booking a 1BR, 2BR or GV could be difficult given the millions of points sold against studios and bungalows for PV1.

It's all down to what would sell better. I can, with a good degree of certainty, Disney won't take in any account what is best for the existing or even the new members.

Yup. We know for sure DVD will do what makes the best sense to sell for them both in the short term and long term,

The fact they did not announce it as an expansion of PVB and the same association means they have a reason to keep everyone hanging.

Per the rumor mill, I was expecting to see early Poly 2 sales start this morning. But it hasn't panned out. :(

It seemed totally legit, because it's St. Patrick's Day! :shamrock: A perfectly obvious day to sell Polynesian resort points with great incentives. It would have been a great sales pitch, because when you think of St. Patrick, you think of Polynesia.

On the other, if one is interested in larger rooms, then giving access to old owners could the villas to become more difficult to get than studios. This might stop someone from buying if they perceive that booking a 1BR, 2BR or GV could be difficult given the millions of points sold against studios and bungalows for PV1.

It's all down to what would sell better. I can, with a good degree of certainty, Disney won't take in any account what is best for the existing or even the new members.
My wife and I generally stay in one bedrooms, and probably wouldn’t buy in Poly2, if it were the same association, for the exact reasons you bring up. The only other addition of this size to an existing resort was CCV, and we know they choice they made there.

I am split whether it will be associated with PVB. I give it 75% no. This is going to be a new building and there are more expenses. They do not want resale owners to stay at new fancy resorts. 25% yes, to allow PVB owners the ability to have 1,2 and 3 bedroom units. VGF2 was a small add on a quick flip and when they made the announcement were clear it was associated with VGF1. Granted they have more time for Poly 2.0 to open, they were vague. Starting price will be $235 per point with some incentives, 300 points price will be $201 per point.

On the other, if one is interested in larger rooms, then giving access to old owners the villas could become more difficult to get than studios. This might stop someone from buying if they think that booking a 1BR, 2BR or GV could be difficult given the millions of points sold against studios and bungalows for PV1.

It's all down to what would sell better. I can say, with a good degree of certainty, Disney won't take in any account what is best for the existing or even the new members.
If it's hard to get into a resort isn't that all the more reason to buy there because it would be hard to book at 7 months?

Per the rumor mill, I was expecting to see early Poly 2 sales start this morning. But it hasn't panned out. :(

It seemed totally legit, because it's St. Patrick's Day! :shamrock: A perfectly obvious day to sell Polynesian resort points with great incentives. It would have been a great sales pitch, because when you think of St. Patrick, you think of Polynesia.

Me too! I mean, I'm not saying leprechauns and menehune are the same thing, but have you ever seen both in a room together? I didn't think so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter