The Poly2 Pricing Thread

Will Poly2 Be a Part of the Original Polynesian Condo Association?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am split whether it will be associated with PVB. I give it 75% no. This is going to be a new building and there are more expenses. They do not want resale owners to stay at new fancy resorts. 25% yes, to allow PVB owners the ability to have 1,2 and 3 bedroom units. VGF2 was a small add on a quick flip and when they made the announcement were clear it was associated with VGF1. Granted they have more time for Poly 2.0 to open, they were vague. Starting price will be $235 per point with some incentives, 300 points price will be $201 per point.

At first I was assuming it would be part of PVB, but reading peoples' reasoning, I'm leaning the other way now. 75% that it will be a new association is about where I am. They will probably want to put the resale restrictions on it, lock (non-grandfathered) resale owners out, and keep the current PVB owners from having the 11 month window. All those seem to be in Disney's best interest, sooooo...

I think you're close on price too. GFV2 showed they want to keep all the currently selling properties around the same price. Figure base price by then will be around 225. With decent incentives, current owners could pay 200-210 depending on number of points

Per the rumor mill, I was expecting to see early Poly 2 sales start this morning. But it hasn't panned out. :(

It seemed totally legit, because it's St. Patrick's Day! :shamrock: A perfectly obvious day to sell Polynesian resort points with great incentives. It would have been a great sales pitch, because when you think of St. Patrick, you think of Polynesia.
Me too! I mean, I'm not saying leprechauns and menehune are the same thing, but have you ever seen both in a room together? I didn't think so.
Every day is April 1 for some people. Readers, beware! :teeth:

I can understand why PVB owners would prefer to gain the value of booking advantage to more rooms, but if DVC goes the other way I wouldn't say they're "slimy."

If you don't buy OMGdirect maybe you won't be able to stay in Poly tower, yes, that's slimy. By not saying one way or the other, it feels like they are doing it now. They are the ones creating the uncertainty by advertising something vaguely.

Just make a choice and stick with it. I think that's the most fair thing to do for current direct buyers, who deserve to know.

If you don't buy OMGdirect maybe you won't be able to stay in Poly tower, yes, that's slimy. By not saying one way or the other, it feels like they are doing it now. They are the ones creating the uncertainty by advertising something vaguely.

Just make a choice and stick with it. I think that's the most fair thing to do for current direct buyers, who deserve to know.
I think if they haven't made up their minds, nothing wrong with waiting to announce. It doesn't bother me. We'll have to agree to disagree 🙂

DVC knows exactly how much VGF/RIV/Aulani is selling right now. If VGF2 sells out before RIV, which it might, I think that says a lot. We will know soon.

This also assumes that resale restrictions would be the primary reason that RIV might sell out slower than VGF2. How would we know that? Could be a ton of other reasons. VGF2 had a lot of pent-up demand, sits next door to the MK, is on the monorail, etc. All of those reasons seem plausible for accelerated VGF2 sales.

I voted that it will likely be a new association.

My prediction for initial pricing: whatever the other current resorts are selling at direct, with commensurate incentives during the early sales period.

Except this project is still 2 years away and a lot can change. Anyone choosing to buy direct will have access to the tower, no matter which way it goes. Those choosing to go resale have a 50/50 chance right now they will be shut out.

Except this project is still 2 years away and a lot can change. Anyone choosing to buy direct will have access to the tower, no matter which way it goes. Those choosing to go resale have a 50/50 chance right now they will be shut out.
Good point...

I agree. And this uncertainty seems sure to exert downward pressure on Poly1 resale. If I were a Poly owner, I’d rather they just rip off the band aid now and make an announcement.

That’s why I think the price of Poly1 resale will go down. I think a lot of potential Poly1 resale buyers want the opportunity to stay at the tower, and will buy direct if they can’t.
And if Poly2 resale buyers are subject to restrictions prohibiting them from staying anywhere other than the new tower, VGF2 might hold up better in resale, with buyers’ ability to stay in the O14.

That’s why I think the price of Poly1 resale will go down. I think a lot of potential Poly1 resale buyers want the opportunity to stay at the tower, and will buy direct if they can’t.
And if Poly2 resale buyers are subject to restrictions prohibiting them from staying anywhere other than the new tower, VGF2 might hold up better in resale, with buyers’ ability to stay in the O14.

And, that very well could be part of why DVD is doing what they are doing. Depress resale to guide people to direct.

Or will be the same price as whatever resort is in active sales at the time. I’m 99.9% sure of that.
No idea on the association. My guess is yes because purely for simplicity. If you own at Poly you can book all of Poly at 11 months. Not just “new” Poly. But I have no convection in that.

You know, re this whole pop-socket discussion, our good friends on the podcast we all listen to are always super negative when it comes to the new head honcho at DVC, Bill Diercksen. Believe me, I don’t know the guy, but with the recent Aulani incentives, the reasonable price of VGF2 giving us the opportunity to finally add on direct points there, the announcement of Poly2, the return of Moonlight Magic, seems to me that there’s a lot of fun stuff coming out of DVC these days. Not sure what there is to complain about.
I’m sure we can all think of things, but I have enough backpacks and at this point would rather have a pop-socket.
And I wouldn’t discount more surprises coming our way. My guess is that we’ll see additional blue card benefits. If course we all want the annual pass back, but I don‘t think that decision will come from DVC. Also, building a tower like Poly2 associated with another resort is a lot cheaper than building an entirely new resort like Reflections, new association or not. Down the line, when we least expect it, we’ll see something like Poly2 happen at the Yacht or Beach Club.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter