The Pursuit of Disney Magic (June 7-14, 2008) ~ UPDATED 9/30 pg. 191

I tried to convince my dh that we need a new van for the trip.

He said the 2 hour drive to the airport didn't justify spending 20k. I just don't get it!:)

:rotfl:

I don't know...that built-in DVD player would be a lifesaver for those two hours!

Show him the glossy brochure for the Grand Caravan -- that family is just so happy, happy, happy to be sitting cooped up in a van together with nine cupholders and stain resistant upholstery that I don't think anyone could resist the subliminal advertising! ;)

:rotfl:

I don't know...that built-in DVD player would be a lifesaver for those two hours!

Show him the glossy brochure for the Grand Caravan -- that family is just so happy, happy, happy to be sitting cooped up in a van together with nine cupholders and stain resistant upholstery that I don't think anyone could resist the subliminal advertising! ;)

I can't even pull out of my drive way without a mile squirmish being battled out in my van. You should see us on our yearly 12 hour drive to my family's!

Ok---I had to tell you, I bought the Complete Guide on Sun., so it should be coming in the mail this week. I have some ideas for things I'm going to use it for, but I'll save those for my PTR. Hey, I've got to fill over four months up with something! Your review of it definitely sealed the deal.
Fantastic idea for your child. Who cares if you stole it? That's why these boards are here, right? My DH doesn't understand my Disney excitement either. He's all, "You know we've been there before, right?" :confused3
And I'm all, "Yeah, but it wasn't as fun then because I didn't know about the Dis, or LGMH, or Crocs, or pin trading, or...." You get the point!

I can't even pull out of my drive way without a mile squirmish being battled out in my van. You should see us on our yearly 12 hour drive to my family's!

It probably resembles my family's journeys. The captain's chairs in the center section have been a godsend, but Chelsea still manages to find something to grouse about such as, "Connor, your bookbag does not need to be between the seats!" I just want to yell, "Who cares???" She's such an old woman already, she will be unbearable in her dotage!

Ok---I had to tell you, I bought the Complete Guide on Sun., so it should be coming in the mail this week. I have some ideas for things I'm going to use it for, but I'll save those for my PTR. Hey, I've got to fill over four months up with something! Your review of it definitely sealed the deal.
Fantastic idea for your child. Who cares if you stole it? That's why these boards are here, right? My DH doesn't understand my Disney excitement either. He's all, "You know we've been there before, right?" :confused3
And I'm all, "Yeah, but it wasn't as fun then because I didn't know about the Dis, or LGMH, or Crocs, or pin trading, or...." You get the point!

I love that you bought the Complete Guide. I can't wait to find out what plans you have for it! I know what you mean about four months to fill -- I think that is why I am saving the grand unveiling of the itinerary (aside from what anyone can learn about it from squinting at the one I posted) -- it's like my one thing I know I will have if I run out of ideas! Although Saturday night did see me lining up various things I have made (like travel journals) and taking pictures of them :rolleyes: -- I felt I had lost a grip on something at that particular moment.

I think DH has given up on understanding my obsessive trip planning. Occasionally he will make a comment like, "Is this conversation going to be about Disney?" As if he needs to ask!

I completely know what you all mean about the new guide books and new "new book smell".

I don't know if any of you are in the Frigid Tundra known as the Northern United States; since I am, I'm looking at pictures of Sunny Florida and Fabulous WDW to get myself out of the winter doldrums. I honestly think it has snowed here at least once a week since late November. Ick. How fast can I pack up and move South...warm weather...ahh....
:)

I completely know what you all mean about the new guide books and new "new book smell".

I don't know if any of you are in the Frigid Tundra known as the Northern United States; since I am, I'm looking at pictures of Sunny Florida and Fabulous WDW to get myself out of the winter doldrums. I honestly think it has snowed here at least once a week since late November. Ick. How fast can I pack up and move South...warm weather...ahh....
:)

I feel like I am in the Frigid Tundra although the maps say it is Northwest Georgia. I hate cold weather of any sort and am definitely ready for some warmer weather. Just when I think it is going to get warmer we have another cold spell. Today it went from the 50's when I woke up to about 38 while I froze to death at two soccer games (and the wind was gusting up to 40 mph) -- I still can't feel my toes. Not to mention that I whine a lot when I am cold. I am so ready for summer and Disney World that I can't stand it!

Just so that you know, I ordered my passporter last night!!! :)

YEAHHHHHHHHHHH! You are definately rubbing off! Hehehe

You'll love it! I have had so much fun playing with my copy!

How bad were the storms in your area of Atlanta this morning?

Hey!!!

The storms were :eek: !! It felt like we were experiencing an earthquake!!! But it did pass fairly quickly! Thank God no damage!!! How did you fair through it?

Hey!!!

The storms were :eek: !! It felt like we were experiencing an earthquake!!! But it did pass fairly quickly! Thank God no damage!!! How did you fair through it?

Good -- I am glad to hear it! I saw all sorts of mind-boggling pics on ajc . com -- trees ripped up and stuff! It roared through first thing this morning and woke us all up, but that was about it. I am hating this cold front though! It's almost March -- shouldn't it be warming up by now???

Good -- I am glad to hear it! I saw all sorts of mind-boggling pics on ajc . com -- trees ripped up and stuff! It roared through first thing this morning and woke us all up, but that was about it. I am hating this cold front though! It's almost March -- shouldn't it be warming up by now???

Be careful what you wish for...it was 90 today in So. Fl!!! Can you even imagine how unbearable it will be in Disney in July?
My BIL just moved his family up to Canton, GA, and you'd think he was in the Arctic. He is SHOCKED by the difference in temps between here and there.

Be careful what you wish for...it was 90 today in So. Fl!!! Can you even imagine how unbearable it will be in Disney in July?
My BIL just moved his family up to Canton, GA, and you'd think he was in the Arctic. He is SHOCKED by the difference in temps between here and there.

Oh, I hadn't thought of that! Hmmm...surely it will cool back down by June :).

In your BIL's defense (Canton is only about twenty miles directly east from where I am), it has been a cold winter -- lots of days in the 30's and lots of nights in the 20's and not even any snow to make it worthwhile. It's been a long time since I moved here from the coast, and I still haven't gotten used to it. I am such a baby when it dips below 60, though, that I am probably not a good indicator of cold weather. :) I'd rather be hot than freezing any day!

I'm here. I don't know why.......I don't need to be reading another PTR...but I'm here for the long haul....

Ask and ye shall recieve....................even if you didn't ask!
Chicken.gif

Chicken.gif
Chickin' Gizzard and I are sitting here thinking about the trip that is only 102 days away (woo woo!), and I feel it happening again. It starts as a tiny thought, not much more than a flicker. I try to ignore it, and it just gets worse until I can't control it anymore. I know the Incredible Hulk's pain as I morph into RESORT CHANGING MONSTER!!!

I thought I was all set with the whole AKL/Dining Plan thing, but I found myself thinking about Pop/Deluxe Dining Plan again -- if we did Pop, we could eat at 50's Prime Time (I am sure DH would come around if I whined enough), Kona Cafe for breakfast (that Tonga Toast looks soooo good), and all of our meals would be paid for -- so would our refillable mugs, all snacks, and appetizers. I would also be saving $400 dollars (which would help finance my ever-growing list of things like Minnie Jane crocs and other trip goodies).

Then, there is the other dilemma -- the POFQ/Dining Plan thing -- which would really be the smartest move because we would save $700 from the AKL scenerio and $300 from the Pop scenerio.

I CAN'T DECIDE! Part of me wants to go with POFQ because I could call and pay off the trip right now. Part of me wants to go with Pop and get on the phone and make more dining reservations. And part of me worries that if I do either one, I could have a mutiny in the house.

But, seriously, how much time are we really going to spend in our room? Not much!

I think I have lost all grip on reality at this point! I can't take three more months of this! Well, actually only until April 24 -- our 45-day mark.

:rotfl2: I go through the same dilema's all the time! It's a sickness and I don't think there's a cure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter