The Smith's "Yes We Are Pulling DD Out of School Twice This Year" PTR!

See, I told you there would be plenty of readers!

I knew you were renting DVC points so I have no idea why I told you about the Visa deal. Call it my airhead moment for the day!

As for the school debate, I plan to pull Jordan out of school as long as she can handle making up the work.

You were very right! I don't know about being able to pull Aisling out of school after this year. We either have to continue taking these long weekend trips or start traveling in August

Sounds great so far!

We can be fined over here if we take the kids out of school, for my December trip my girls missed the last 5 days of term, they only watch DVD's all week anyway :sad1: Anyway the Head said he'd have to inform the Child Welfare Officer as it was for more than 4 days. We could have been fined about £1,000 ($1,500) but thankfully snow closed the school on the very last day (unheard of here) so we only had 4 days off :yay: :rotfl: But really the CWO should be more worried about the kids that are constantly off not good parents who want to take their kids to WDW for a few days. Anyway vent over :rotfl:

It's so silly. Trust me...we have enough families with real issues....horrible issues. Vacations should not be one of them. This is why so many families start to home school :headache:

You were very right! I don't know about being able to pull Aisling out of school after this year. We either have to continue taking these long weekend trips or start traveling in August

It's so silly. Trust me...we have enough families with real issues....horrible issues. Vacations should not be one of them. This is why so many families start to home school :headache:

That is why I would love to have the means and knowledge to start a year-round school! I personally think kids need more frequent breaks instead of one long one over the summer where they forget things and get out of the habit of school. Of course, the other benefit is that several breaks throughout the year would be perfect for trips to WDW! ;)

That is why I would love to have the means and knowledge to start a year-round school! I personally think kids need more frequent breaks instead of one long one over the summer where they forget things and get out of the habit of school. Of course, the other benefit is that several breaks throughout the year would be perfect for trips to WDW! ;)

No kidding. What kills me about Ash's school is that because it's private, they don't have to follow the 180 day rule. So she has all kinds of days off, half days, etc that the public schools don't. It's nuts. They are now giving them 3 days off for Easter (as a reward for a fundraiser). REALLY? And I jokingly have suggested that our teachers are a bunch of party animals because they recently announced half days for St. Paddy's Day and Cinco De Mayo!

Tori is wanting a Star Wars dress too. Must be a 6 year old thing. :) If I find any good fabric in my searching I'll let you know.

Stacy actually found amazing fabric...Stacy care to chime in where you got the black/blue fabric for the Star Wars custom???

Stacy actually found amazing fabric...Stacy care to chime in where you got the black/blue fabric for the Star Wars custom???

I found it at Walmart. I will try to take a pic tonight and post it. It was super cheap- maybe $4 a yard. I am making Ash a dress and the boys bowling shirts. Though, they might have to take them off if it gets too hot. The fabric is black/dark blue and has little teeny white stars on it. It is really cool.

I'm here! Finally!

I agree with LL, we need a MA DISmeet soon. Maybe Canobie this summer?

I was never allowed to miss school unless I was sick. Even drs appts were made on the weekends so we wouldn't be taken out!

I don't sign on for a few days and you've already got a new report started! :goodvibes Woohoo! :woohoo:

I'm so excited to read along with the plans!

:welcome: over! So glad to have you along for the crazy ride again!

I found it at Walmart. I will try to take a pic tonight and post it. It was super cheap- maybe $4 a yard. I am making Ash a dress and the boys bowling shirts. Though, they might have to take them off if it gets too hot. The fabric is black/dark blue and has little teeny white stars on it. It is really cool.

Thanks Miss Stacy! :hug:

I'm here! Finally!

I agree with LL, we need a MA DISmeet soon. Maybe Canobie this summer?

I was never allowed to miss school unless I was sick. Even drs appts were made on the weekends so we wouldn't be taken out!

oooooh we should do Canobie :banana:

I wasn't allowed to miss any school either. In fact, I got a perfect attendence award EVERY SINGLE YEAR other than 4th grade when I got chicken pox. I used to joke that my mom would probably send me unless I had an IV in my arm :rotfl2: I have a good work ethic because of that and extremely rarely call in sick (I can count on 1 hand all the times I've called in in 11 years). Hope I'm not ruining Aisling :confused:

I wasn't allowed to miss any school either. In fact, I got a perfect attendence award EVERY SINGLE YEAR other than 4th grade when I got chicken pox. I used to joke that my mom would probably send me unless I had an IV in my arm :rotfl2: I have a good work ethic because of that and extremely rarely call in sick (I can count on 1 hand all the times I've called in in 11 years). Hope I'm not ruining Aisling :confused:

I can think of a million ways my parenting may ruin Jordan but taking her out of school to go to WDW is not one of them! So don't worry you are not ruining Ash - in fact you are showing her that family time is important and that education, knowledge and life lessons also come from enriching experiences not just from school and books.

Okay, enough deep thinking for me! :rotfl:
Can't wait to see the SW fabric and here more about your plans!

I can think of a million ways my parenting may ruin Jordan but taking her out of school to go to WDW is not one of them! So don't worry you are not ruining Ash - in fact you are showing her that family time is important and that education, knowledge and life lessons also come from enriching experiences not just from school and books.

Okay, enough deep thinking for me! :rotfl:
Can't wait to see the SW fabric and here more about your plans!

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I'm starting to save up for the therapy bills now :rolleyes1

Some people MAY be questioning whether my girly-girl will actually enjoy Star Wars Weekend. The answer is that she is not-so-secretly a HUGE Star Wars fan. It's a big bonding thing between her and Daddy. It's her one tomboyish feature so my DH embraces it!

Photographic proof of the obsession

122890919605_0_ALB.jpg

305731919605_0_ALB.jpg

608131919605_0_ALB.jpg

254.jpg

Woo Hoo....Airfare is all booked :banana: WAAAAY more than I have ever paid to fly to Orlando but I was getting nervous that it may go up so it was time to bite the bullet. Ended up being $314 a person :scared1::scared1::scared1:

Gone are the days of under $200 airfare I guess :sad2:

From Little Rock, is is around $365. I have seen it go down to $300, but that is the lowest here. We got around $225 from Memphis. I am glad that I jumped on it since even Memphis is back up over $300!

So, airfare booked, resort booked, what's left to do? other than obsessively plan? or plan not to plan!

YAY for the airline reservations!!! 314? I booked ours about five weeks ago and the cheapest I got was 179 (up to 220 with all the fees and such). The airfare really blows the budget for us. We're hoping to take the autotrain down this December and I've priced it at about 800 for all six of us and our car!!!!!

Love your px:)

You really do have quite the Massachusetts following huh? Who knew so many baystaters hung out on the Disboards:confused3

$314!! Oh my. So glad we can drive.

From Little Rock, is is around $365. I have seen it go down to $300, but that is the lowest here. We got around $225 from Memphis. I am glad that I jumped on it since even Memphis is back up over $300!

So, airfare booked, resort booked, what's left to do? other than obsessively plan? or plan not to plan!

YAY for the airline reservations!!! 314? I booked ours about five weeks ago and the cheapest I got was 179 (up to 220 with all the fees and such). The airfare really blows the budget for us. We're hoping to take the autotrain down this December and I've priced it at about 800 for all six of us and our car!!!!!

Love your px:)

You really do have quite the Massachusetts following huh? Who knew so many baystaters hung out on the Disboards:confused3

Sorry you airfare was so pricey, but hey - at least you've got it booked! :goodvibes

Aisling as Princess Leia is too cute! :cutie:

Yup...Airfare has become a thorn in my side. That's the whole reason I had to cancel my trip in January. I haven't even told Randy how much it ended up costing because he would lose it :ssst: I've been watching SW daily since we booked and the airfare on the way there was holding pretty steady at $159. This week it went up to $164. That's when I got nervous and decided that I could wait any longer. At least it's SW so if it goes down...we'll get the credit. And no baggage fees!

The real annoyance was that I had a DING this morning for Orlando (luckily is was only from May 1st- May 22nd) or I would have cried!

Yes I have a pretty good local following on my TRs and the sad part is that we have NEVER met in person! The only one I've met is LuccaDrake (Beka). The worst case is Jennifer48 who lives within WALKING distance of my house and we've never met :scared1: Jen actually was cut off on the highway by my DH and only recognized him from my TRs :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter