The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

Was a little perturbed this weekend. I requested the highest floor possible for my stay this weekend. When I got my room, it was on the first floor. I don't get it, I know they do their best to honor requests but I mean come on. The first floor. I kept it vague by not requesting specific rooms assuming it would help me get my request. It was still a wonderful stay. Just was a bit frustrated by the situation.

I've had my best luck at VGC requesting specific room numbers. I had a 1 bedroom the last 2 times and gave them the 5 room numbers that face California Adventure on the 4th, 5th or 6th floors and got one both times (4th and 5th floors).

Hopefully someone in this thread can help us out -

We spent a few nights in a VGC one-bedroom in August for our first trip to DL and loved it. We especially liked the pillows on the bed and want to purchase a couple. Anyone know the brand and style or where we can find them? Googling so far has not been overly helpful. I'm going to email the hotel directly, too.

Last edited:
Here you go:

Barbie (Merchandise Guest Services)

Sep 16, 11:57 AM

Thank you for your inquiry regarding Disney bedding in our Resorts.

The pillows and mattresses are Disney Deluxe Plus. You may contact the following business for assistance: www.simmonshospitality.com

Have a Magical day!

Sincerely,
Barbie 9/16/15
1-877-560-6477 (E.S.T.)
1-407-934-6111 (International)
Merchandise.Guest.Services@DisneyParks.com

The Disney Deluxe Plus doesn't show on the Simmons guest purchase website, so I sent them an email and will update accordingly.

UPDATE: The above was incorrect. I called Simmons and they only make the matresses. So I called the hotel directly and someone spoke to housekeeping and got the name and brand. I went to their website and got the correct model.

Sobol Westex brand
Dolce Notte model
$19.99 for standard size (which is what they put in the rooms)
You can buy direct from their website :)

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me approx how much it costs to rent a studio here for a night? Or 1 bedroom? I havent had a chance to read about the point system and how that all works yet. :)

how much is it typically a night
I don't know--you could call the Grand Californian and ask. If you poke around on the David's website, you may be able to get an idea as far as renting from them. The vacation club works in points, so I don't know the cash price.

how much is it typically a night

Usually rentals are based upon the number of points required and that varies for different times of the year and weekdays vs weekends. When you are going will make a difference - sometimes a large difference. 1BR's are usually twice as much as the studios at VGC.

I haven't kept a close eye on it but have never seen that Disney has cash rooms for VGC. Point rentals will be thru an owner or a broker who works with an owner to coordinate the rental.

I know it works in points... But it takes cash to rent the points right? Im curious what cash price for these vs a hotel room really is. Is it usually cheaper? Or more expensive?

I know it works in points... But it takes cash to rent the points right? Im curious what cash price for these vs a hotel room really is. Is it usually cheaper? Or more expensive?

"Cheaper" depends on what you'd normally need for a hotel room. Here's a chart of how many points are required depending on room type and season: http://dvc-resales.com/grand-californian/index.htm

Basically, the cheapest is going to be 17 points a night during Adventure season for a studio (sleeps 4). Depending on the rental company, points rent for about $16 a night, so it'd be $272 for a night. Looking at September 6th, 2016, which is a 17 point night for DVC, a standard view room (sleeps 5) would be $394 (without discounts - I think they normally run a 20% off that time of year?).

There's a good sticky around here somewhere about some of the caveats with renting. With VGC, especially, you need to book more than 7 months out, as it tends to fill up quickly.

Can anyone tell me approx how much it costs to rent a studio here for a night? Or 1 bedroom? I havent had a chance to read about the point system and how that all works yet. :)

We rented through David's for a 1BR in August and it was a little over $700 per night during the week (Tues-Thurs nights). I can't imagine how much it is in high season... :scared:

Hey there!!! My first stay at VGC is approaching - I cannot wait! Just a couple of questions I hope someone can fill me in on: Is there bowls in the studio villas suitable for breakfast or should I bring my own disposable bowls? As a DVC member is doing laundry free of charge? I gather there is a laundry room? Thanks so excited :jumping1:

Yes, plenty of paper bowls in the studio. And for the free laundry, you need a card that you can get from reception. I got one that was loaded with 99 free washes! :-)

Have a great stay!

Hi there, just wondering whether the fridges in the deluxe studios have a little freezer?

I'm looking into booking for a group of 11 (1 family (2adults 4 kids), 2 adults, 2 adults and 1 adult. What would you recommend?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter