The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

Are 1-bedrooms at VGC always wide open during the summer? I was doing a cursory check and saw pretty much all of July open. I realize 52 points a night is a lot, but didn't think there would be that much availability.

LAX

Generally speaking the one-bedroom units have more availability at 7 months than the studios. We're really spoiled with staying in the one-bedroom units; so much room and very comfortable.

Are 1-bedrooms at VGC always wide open during the summer? I was doing a cursory check and saw pretty much all of July open. I realize 52 points a night is a lot, but didn't think there would be that much availability.

LAX

Not uncommon right at 7 months but then they usually book up.

A lot of folk simply planning WDW this summer as a lot of uncertainty of reopening. Our March vacation is Hawaii and April to WDW. Deferred plans to VGC to Sept - Nov.

It is odd looking seeing only the 4th sold out.

A lot of folk simply planning WDW this summer as a lot of uncertainty of reopening. Our March vacation is Hawaii and April to WDW. Deferred plans to VGC to Sept - Nov.

It is odd looking seeing only the 4th sold out.

I think a lot are also just waiting to see when DL is going to open rather than booking and cancelling over and over. Kind of my frame of thought now or I'll book further out.

I think a lot are also just waiting to see when DL is going to open rather than booking and cancelling over and over. Kind of my frame of thought now or I'll book further out.

Maybe I am overly optimistic, but if DL & VGC are not open by the summer even in limited capacity, Southern Cal will be in a lot of trouble. However, I totally understand if people don't want a "limited" experience.

LAX

Hi! I'm having trouble getting through to MS so I figured I'd ask the experts here ☺️

Studios at VGC sleep 4, or 5 if the 5th is an infant, correct? What age qualifies them as an infant? Under 2 or under 3?

Thank you!

Hi! I'm having trouble getting through to MS so I figured I'd ask the experts here ☺

Studios at VGC sleep 4, or 5 if the 5th is an infant, correct? What age qualifies them as an infant? Under 2 or under 3?

Thank you!
5th person must be under 3 years old for studios

Kicked our reservations to WDW for april. VGC for May onwards. Still debating on the 50th WDW timing.

Just changed our canceled January trip to mid-May. 🤞

Also added week of December 6. Is something special happening that week? Studios are already completely gone o_O, so we had to get a 1 BR.

Most popular week of the year for DVC, I’ve always heard-low points and Xmas decorations up.

Most popular week of the year for DVC, I’ve always heard-low points and Xmas decorations up.
Xmas decorations are up by early November. The two weeks after Thanksgiving are mid-low season, but there is still studio availability for the week after Thanksgiving.

Also added week of December 6. Is something special happening that week? Studios are already completely gone o_O, so we had to get a 1 BR.
The first weekend is usually the Candlelight Processional. In DL, it’s just one weekend vs all season at WDW.

Got off the phone with MS a bit ago, and the CM confirmed cancellations through January 28 as of today. As a so cal local, I know my mid February reservation is a goner. 😒

Yeah, I'm going to cancel March now before they do. With the Governor's plan of tiers, even if everyone behaved like Garcetti wants us to, there isn't enough time to spend in each of the various levels to get us to yellow before March. I did that math in the middle of December fully knowing that we are going to spike all the way through January. We won't get to yellow until more than half the population is vaccinated and even then it will be a stretch.

Y'all beat me to it. Candlelight weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter