• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

...2BR for 7 of us and 2 late planners in a regular hotel room...
Try to have the hotel room near the VGC wing (any x2xx room) and on the same floor as your villa.
I had regular hotel room along the long hall from the main lobby to the VGC wing and a 1-bedroom villa on the same floor -- it was very convenient.

Try to have the hotel room near the VGC wing (any x2xx room) and on the same floor as your villa.
I had regular hotel room along the long hall from the main lobby to the VGC wing and a 1-bedroom villa on the same floor -- it was very convenient.

We did request to have the room near the VGC wing. I didn't think to request the same floor. The hotel room was reserved through GetTravel. Perhaps I will call the hotel early next week and add the request.
thank you!

Would someone mind sharing the VGC email so I can do I request, I couldn't find it on this thread. I am staying there for the first time in Oct and am so excited! Thanks!

Has anyone noticed the price of Grand California skyrocketing since Star Wars land was announced? Today I saw a resale 200 point contract listed at $50000 and a 250 point contract listed at $52995.

Has anyone noticed the price of Grand California skyrocketing since Star Wars land was announced? Today I saw a resale 200 point contract listed at $50000 and a 250 point contract listed at $52995.
OK, doing the math . . . well over $200/pt?

OK, doing the math . . . well over $200/pt?
A quick search of several resale sites shows most listings around $150/point.
It seems unlikely these high priced contracts will sell, but considering the small number of listings it's possible. No problem passing ROFR...

Yoda said:
Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future...
If Star Wars Land opens before a new Disney hotel (or DVC), onsite hotel rooms and VGC prices are likely to keep going up.

A quick search of several resale sites shows most listings around $150/point.
It seems unlikely these high priced contracts will sell, but considering the small number of listings it's possible. No problem passing ROFR...

If Star Wars Land opens before a new Disney hotel (or DVC), onsite hotel rooms and VGC prices are likely to keep going up.
We just closed on our 2nd VGC contract, and the points showed up yesterday on our membership. I am so thankful we jumped in and then added on before this craziness started! I agree, most of the contracts I've seen have been in the $150-160 range. There has been one for $159/pt, only full price offers accepted, that has been sitting for a couple of months now. If that hasn't been taken, I don't know who would pay $200+.

Was a little perturbed this weekend. I requested the highest floor possible for my stay this weekend. When I got my room, it was on the first floor. I don't get it, I know they do their best to honor requests but I mean come on. The first floor. I kept it vague by not requesting specific rooms assuming it would help me get my request. It was still a wonderful stay. Just was a bit frustrated by the situation.

Hopefully the next economic downturn brings the prices back down to Earth. That is what I am waiting on for my next purchase. If the prices never fall I sadly will never be adding on

...I requested the highest floor possible for my stay this weekend. When I got my room, it was on the first floor. I don't get it, I know they do their best to honor requests but I mean come on. The first floor...
What time did you check in?
You might have had a higher floor originally assigned, but it was given to another guest before you checked in.

Was a little perturbed this weekend. I requested the highest floor possible for my stay this weekend. When I got my room, it was on the first floor. I don't get it, I know they do their best to honor requests but I mean come on. The first floor. I kept it vague by not requesting specific rooms assuming it would help me get my request. It was still a wonderful stay. Just was a bit frustrated by the situation.

Disappointed, sure but there are rooms on every floor and they all have to be utilized. I'd bet that if there is a request made that 99% of the time it's high floor so it's just to be expected that someone will not receive what they request. It's why when people ask about requests to make that they are repeatedly cautioned to be aware it's not guaranteed.

What time did you check in?
You might have had a higher floor originally assigned, but it was given to another guest before you checked in.

Room locations show the odds are quite high that you'll be assigned to one of the lower floors. If it's a studio 22% or almost 1/4 of the rooms are on the first floor. If you group floors together 61% are on the lower 3 floors and 39% of the rooms are on the upper 3 floor and for all room types. But they did not build equal number of villas on each foor so only 13% of all Dedicated 2BR's are on the first floor. And if you look at the first 2 floors vs the upper 4 floors then odds are going to be better for a higher floor in a 2BR. 35% of the 2BR's are on the 1st two floors and 65% on floors 3-6. But if a studio or 1BR then 43% of the rooms are on floors 1 &2 and 57% on upper four floors. That makes it quite likely that people will be assigned to a low floor or ground floor if booking a studio or 1BR.

Checked in about 6:30 in the morning. Just unlucky this time
A tip for next time:
Although the CM at registration will not disclose the villa number, the number is printed on the registration form that you sign. This gives you a chance to request a room change, which is more likely to be possible early in the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter