The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread part2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since we are arriving at the end of the week I thought I had better figure out what I need to do ahead soon. Do I need to bring a wireless router? It seems most everyone has mentioned you need one if you want to use the internet wirelessly. We stayed in Bldg. 3 last time and we had wireless. Was this just a fluke?

Thanks!! :surfweb:

Terri

Since we are arriving at the end of the week I thought I had better figure out what I need to do ahead soon. Do I need to bring a wireless router? It seems most everyone has mentioned you need one if you want to use the internet wirelessly. We stayed in Bldg. 3 last time and we had wireless. Was this just a fluke?

Thanks!! :surfweb:

Terri

That would've been a fluke, and likely you were piggybacking on someone else's router.

No wireless is provided in the rooms, only the wired connection. You can however take your own wireless router and plug it into the wired connection to give yourself wireless.

Hmmmm... as I think about it, i think the pool bars may have wireless since they do provide it in some common areas like the lobby. Since Building 3 is next to a pool bar, if you were close enough you MAY have been able to get that signal, but it's not extremely likely.

That would've been a fluke, and likely you were piggybacking on someone else's router.

No wireless is provided in the rooms, only the wired connection. You can however take your own wireless router and plug it into the wired connection to give yourself wireless.

Hmmmm... as I think about it, i think the pool bars may have wireless since they do provide it in some common areas like the lobby. Since Building 3 is next to a pool bar, if you were close enough you MAY have been able to get that signal, but it's not extremely likely.

I'm sure you are right about the fact that we piggybacked on someone else's connection. Never thought about that.

I'll be sure to pack our wireless router this time. Thanks!

Subscribing to thread for updates! Very excited for our upcoming November trip to WBC!

Ackpack - we're going in Nov, too. And it's a first trip celebration for us as well. Our youngest twon (twin boys) are having their 2nd bday party at WDW. Yea! What dates are you all going to be there?

Ackpack - we're going in Nov, too. And it's a first trip celebration for us as well. Our youngest twon (twin boys) are having their 2nd bday party at WDW. Yea! What dates are you all going to be there?

How fun! We'll be there November 5-12. We're traveling with another couple and it'll be a first Disney trip for both of them. Our little guy will be 14 months and theirs will have just turned 1. We're very excited! :) If we're there at the same time maybe we'll see each other!

Am getting ready to send in the deposit for our 2 bedroom Deluxe unit at WBC. Our group is comprised of me and DH - early 50s, DD-21, DD-18 and DD's BF-19.

Any thoughts on what request we might want to make regarding Building/View?

TIA!

CD

Hope to stay here this summer. Looking to extend our vacation another week. Thread #1 got me hooked!

Thanks for all the great info

We are very impatiently waiting for our Wyndham resale to go through so we can book for this Oct!! We are very excited to finally stay here after thinking about it for a couple of years. We have always stayed onsite using either free dining or a pin code...we thought hard about the decision to finally stay off site and to buy into the Wyndham system. Considering the lack of pin codes and Disney's claim to pull back from deep discounts I think we have made the right choice. Not to mention the fact that as our 2 DD's get older having a seperate bathroom and bedroom for them will be worth it's weight in gold!! LOL!! I have been lurking on the old thread for some time...but hope to have a review to post this fall!!:cool1:

To clarify on the internet. There IS wired internet to use a laptop? I dont mind not having wireless too much, we can deal with it but I am hoping there is at least wired to use in the unit

Hi All, I am sorry but I am repeating a question that I asked on the wlbc part I, but did not get much response. We are first time renters, so I have no idea what to expect from the owner. We are about 50 days away, what I did receive at booking was a receipt and a document with a certificate # on it and my name and resort and room type info. What and when can I expect to get more info. We are staying in a 2 br pres, and owner says he does not have room # yet. From info I have on these boards, I was under the impression that with presidential units the room is assigned at booking. Can anyone clear this up for me. Thanks.
You don't need anything else. You can call, or have the person your are renting from make a request for a location, but as a renter, nothing is guaranteed other than a 2BR Presidential. All of those are in Tower 6, whiich is a great location. Enjoy your trip!

To clarify on the internet. There IS wired internet to use a laptop? I dont mind not having wireless too much, we can deal with it but I am hoping there is at least wired to use in the unit
There is wired internet in the room. You just plug the cable into your laptop.

You may be able to pick up a wireless signal at some places in the resort. I was able to get wireless in tower 6 in our room on the 4th floor.

If you really need wireless, bring a wireless router with you. You can get them for $20.

Second the internet - using the wired connection now!

The wifi in our room connected but was almost non-existent.

Kim

Excited too ! :thumbsup2Checking in July 14 - any other Disers going to be there the same time ???:confused3
:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

Arriving on Friday for 8 nights!!!! I can not wait! Think I'm more excited than my kids are! :yay:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter