The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread part2

Status
Not open for further replies.
How fun! We'll be there November 5-12. We're traveling with another couple and it'll be a first Disney trip for both of them. Our little guy will be 14 months and theirs will have just turned 1. We're very excited! :) If we're there at the same time maybe we'll see each other!

We willl be there from the 4th to the 12th. :goodvibes

I am not trying to be a downer on this thread, but wanted to post some info from our trip earlier this month.

We had serious issues with the AC in our room (no air blew into secondary bedroom at all, plus no fan). It seems this is an occasional issue here. If this does happen, you need to override the air conditioning unit. It will either make the AC run non-stop (according to maintenance) or just override the motion sensor so it will keep cycling on/off while you are out of the unit (our experience and that of another poster here on the DIS). To do this, you need to press and hold the F/C button on the left side of the thermostat. Once "6P" appears in the digital display, the unit is on override. Whenever possible, leave the doors to the warm room open. It will help immensely.

I'm not trying to alarm anyone, just want you to know how to help the issue in case it does happen. FYI- they did offer to change our room but we declined bc I didn't want to repack/unpack again.

I am not trying to be a downer on this thread, but wanted to post some info from our trip earlier this month.

We had serious issues with the AC in our room (no air blew into secondary bedroom at all, plus no fan). It seems this is an occasional issue here. If this does happen, you need to override the air conditioning unit. It will either make the AC run non-stop (according to maintenance) or just override the motion sensor so it will keep cycling on/off while you are out of the unit (our experience and that of another poster here on the DIS). To do this, you need to press and hold the F/C button on the left side of the thermostat. Once "6P" appears in the digital display, the unit is on override. Whenever possible, leave the doors to the warm room open. It will help immensely.

I'm not trying to alarm anyone, just want you to know how to help the issue in case it does happen. FYI- they did offer to change our room but we declined bc I didn't want to repack/unpack again.

I don't think you are being a downer. Thanks for the info. Its good to hear they offered to move you though.

Thanks for the tip!

Just checked in..............was very easy. Stopped in about 2pm, they said our request for an Epcot view will be granted!! I wanted Bldg. 5, but we got Bldg. 4, it is very nice!! Great view.

I remembered a few people saying to when we got our parking pass to just say we didn't earn much money. It worked!! They didn't even ask for an appt. or seem interested in talking to us!!

Just checked in..............was very easy. Stopped in about 2pm, they said our request for an Epcot view will be granted!! I wanted Bldg. 5, but we got Bldg. 4, it is very nice!! Great view.

I remembered a few people saying to when we got our parking pass to just say we didn't earn much money. It worked!! They didn't even ask for an appt. or seem interested in talking to us!!

Thanks for that tip - I will just have to check my group in by myself, no one would want to talk to me with my income! :rotfl:

Glad that things went well for you at check in! So you were able to check in a few hours before 4 pm? (It really doesn't matter for us, since we will be at Clearwater the day of our check in and won't be getting to WBC until early evening.) Could you tell me what size and type of unit you rented? I am trying to decide what building/view we should request.

Hope that you are having a great time!

Has anyone ever booked through the RCI timeshare exchange? I am wondering how rooms are assigned when you book that way. Is it possible to call the resort to request a room with a fireworks view?

We are planning to go in April next year. We have enough points to reserve a 2-bedroom unit.

Has anyone ever booked through the RCI timeshare exchange? I am wondering how rooms are assigned when you book that way. Is it possible to call the resort to request a room with a fireworks view?

We are planning to go in April next year. We have enough points to reserve a 2-bedroom unit.

1 of my 2 stays was booked through RCI. We just call WBC directly and let them know our requests, that simple. Don't want to jinx it be we are 2/2 on our requests!

Glad that things went well for you at check in! So you were able to check in a few hours before 4 pm? (It really doesn't matter for us, since we will be at Clearwater the day of our check in and won't be getting to WBC until early evening.) Could you tell me what size and type of unit you rented? I am trying to decide what building/view we should request.

Hope that you are having a great time!

We have a deluxe two bedroom. We checked in between 1:30pm and 2:00pm. The room was not ready, so we made our Walmart trip. While we were there they called my cell phone to let me know our room was ready. When I came back I didn't have to wait, just asked for my room keys! :yay:

Checked in today after driving straight through from Michigan. Got to check in line around 1:15pm, up there at 1:30. Room not ready. Mind you there were alot of people waiting around for rooms evidently. Understanding it was early we asked if at all possible to get one soon as we needed showers etc. The crowd kept accumulating and more and more people were complaining about waiting.

You cant tell me that there werent any rooms available a little early. None. No one seemed to be getting a room. A couple who had arrived at 10am got their room at 3:30. A guy who is a Platinum owner waiting for his presidential unit was told he would be in 2:30 and at 3:30 still waiting. He was still waiting when we got our room

We finally got our room at 4pm on the dot but it was quite frustrating as it was so crowded in the lobby and people were getting upset. Seems they didnt have enough housekeepers cleaning the rooms for how busy they are.

I can only imagine what time those who checked in at 4pm got their rooms. Just not run very well. We have stayed at many timeshares in Orlando and if we tried to check in early never had to wait 2 1/2 hours.

Anyway I had requested high floor, fireworks view and got building 5, 7th floor. Well we can see the parking garage and if you look up you can see the EPCOT ball and we could see some of Illuminations but its obviously not like we waited for a good room for our request.

Oh well the unit is really nice and we are happy about that. If its like this today I wonder how bad it will be Friday, sat and sun of July 4th weekend

We won't be be able to check in until around 10pm....anyone know if requesting a building that late at night will work or do they already have you in a room before you check in?

We'd also prefer a pool view, are those less popular than the theme park view?

We have a deluxe two bedroom. We checked in between 1:30pm and 2:00pm. The room was not ready, so we made our Walmart trip. While we were there they called my cell phone to let me know our room was ready. When I came back I didn't have to wait, just asked for my room keys! :yay:

Thanks for the information. Will have to think about whether or not to "request." We are checking in on a Monday evening, so it could be just the luck of the draw - or basically what's leftover. Ack! I hadn't thought about that. Hmmmm.

Anyway, hope that you have a great trip TerBear. You will have to let us know how the AC worked in your second bedroom.

Thanks for the information. Will have to think about whether or not to "request." We are checking in on a Monday evening, so it could be just the luck of the draw - or basically what's leftover. Ack! I hadn't thought about that. Hmmmm.

Anyway, hope that you have a great trip TerBear. You will have to let us know how the AC worked in your second bedroom.

I think if you prefer a lake view can't hurt to call ahead and request....its half the resort...not guaranteed, but might as well ask. :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter