The "we need a bit of pixie dust" pre-trip report!

How are the party preparations coming along?
Love her birthday sash!! :goodvibes

...Thinking she may still be able to put her princess dresses on over the top of her trousers when she is walking around. That should keep her happy! princess:princess:

Just wanted to share what we did just before Christmas - DD wore thermal long sleeve vest and thermal leggings under a white polo neck jumper and jeans, snow boots (with thick socks!), and then her dress on top. We took her fleece jacket in too - granted we were lucky as it was sunny (and cold, but could have been colder!) nso she got away with not wearing a coat until it got dark in the evening. Meant she had LOADS more attention during parades and with CMs all day because her dress wasn't hidden by a coat! Layer up underneath and take a top coat, gloves, hat etc for when it gets REALLY cold (fleece slipped inside a bag easily!). Granted, we didn't deal with rain.........

C x

I need to make the labels for the party bags.
I also need to make and print stickers to seal the craft packs I have made for the party bags:

party bag by rosebug09, on Flickr

This is the boys one. It is Monsters Inc theme - it just needs a card template of Mike to make a crafty stick puppet. The girls is a princess theme! Cost me nothing as I raided Rosebug's HUGE arts and crafts box; it didn't even make a dent taking out enough for 30 craft packs!! ;)

My dad is picking up her cake tomorrow - I copped out and just bought the princess castle one from Tesco. Then on Friday night I need to bake some cupcakes to decorate on Saturday afternoon and wrap pass the parcel etc.

If I have anything else to do I have forgotten! :confused3

Just wanted to share what we did just before Christmas - DD wore thermal long sleeve vest and thermal leggings under a white polo neck jumper and jeans, snow boots (with thick socks!), and then her dress on top. We took her fleece jacket in too - granted we were lucky as it was sunny (and cold, but could have been colder!) nso she got away with not wearing a coat until it got dark in the evening. Meant she had LOADS more attention during parades and with CMs all day because her dress wasn't hidden by a coat! Layer up underneath and take a top coat, gloves, hat etc for when it gets REALLY cold (fleece slipped inside a bag easily!). Granted, we didn't deal with rain.........

C x

That would be an ideal but due to Rosebug's thyroid issues she gets VERY cold; so I doubt she would be warm enough without a coat! :worried:

Fingers crossed the weather is warm enough for layers rather than a snowsuit! :thumbsup2

Wow your party stuff is brilliant!! You've thought of everything. Is the birthday girl very excited?

Wow your party stuff is brilliant!! You've thought of everything. Is the birthday girl very excited?

I still need to get it all printed! My printer broke! I have asked for permission to print at school and paid them for the printing - so hopefully I can do it in my lunch hour tomorrow.

Birthday girl is poorly, so atm not too excited. She is loaded with cold and a bad cough so hasn't got the energy to feel excited I think! Bless her. Plus, unless something is "today" or "tomorrow" she has no real concept of how close it is so couldn't care less! :lmao:

RoseBug said:
I still need to get it all printed! My printer broke! I have asked for permission to print at school and paid them for the printing - so hopefully I can do it in my lunch hour tomorrow.

Birthday girl is poorly, so atm not too excited. She is loaded with cold and a bad cough so hasn't got the energy to feel excited I think! Bless her. Plus, unless something is "today" or "tomorrow" she has no real concept of how close it is so couldn't care less! :lmao:

Aaah the poor mite. Hope she's on the mend and ready to dance her socks off for her party.

Aaah the poor mite. Hope she's on the mend and ready to dance her socks off for her party.

She was so poorly this morning I actually suggested she stay off school! She went ape and demanded I take her to school so she could do her work! Little weirdo!

So tonight I have sat and made these:

coins andpixie dust by rosebug09, on Flickr

I printed Wreck it Ralph images onto sticky labels and sat for far too long cutting them out; just so I could stick them onto left over choc coins from Xmas to make "Vanelope's coins" and stuck labels to sherbet straws to make "Pixie dust"!

Clearly the 4/5 year olds are not going to appreciate ANY of my hard work - but I likes it! :rotfl2:

Oh wow :thumbsup2 great job done

My kids are always very happy to skip school. I'm a bad mom, I let them. :scared1::laughing:

Oh wow :thumbsup2 great job done

My kids are always very happy to skip school. I'm a bad mom, I let them. :scared1::laughing:

I am a teacher - in this house you go even if you are dying! ;):rotfl2: She is still a little poorly; really not herself and so loaded with cold she can't even smile! But she has still had a wonderful birthday weekend. Her party was great fun although I didn't see much of it as I as too busy running around! Typical! :confused3
Today she has visited grandparents and just had a chilled birthday; playing with her new toys and has been dressed as Draculaura all day:

1901576_10152276769579985_602945_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

She got spoiled by everyone; and received enough Euros to pay for her Princess makeover and buy pretty much anything she wants whilst there! :scared1: :eek: I can't believe my little girl is growing up. Too fast! I feel so blessed to have her! :love:

Now I really need to get a move on to get stuff packed for DLP - ONE WEEK TODAY. This time next week we will be arriving at CDG (I think).

I have been so wrapped up in party planning I now have no idea what I should be doing for the holiday!

I need to email DLH and ask for a nice room, not too far from reception but hopefully with a nice-ish view. Is there any particular floor I should request? 3rd floor I know is Castle Club (I wish) so maybe 2nd or 4th floor may give us a chance of a nice outlook? Advice appreciated!

:thumbsup2

Oh how cute! So pretty!

Thank you!

Unfortunately Rosebug was off school today and a trip to the doctors has confirmed an ear infection in both ears! She is on antibiotics so I really hope it has cleared by Sunday. :worried:

I was about to email the DLH about a nice room, and DH has told me not to because he already has! :lovestruc

Tonight my jobs are:

Buy a new coat; leggings and a cardigan or two for me.
Make a list of clothes and bits that Rosebug needs to take (medication etc).
Make a list of clothes for DH.
Make yet another list of things we need to buy such as toiletries, hot choc sachets and snacks.

As well as plan a dozen lessons and mark 200 exam papers! It's going to be a late one! :sad:

I feel sick with excitement now! This time next week we will be waiting for Dreams to start!!!! pixiedust:

Aww no ear infections are awful.
poor rosebug :hug:

I have to say she looks very cute in her birthday picture .
I have the same dm boots acid pink mine are :blush:.

Hope you have got your holiday shopping done x

Aww no ear infections are awful.
poor rosebug :hug:

I have to say she looks very cute in her birthday picture .
I have the same dm boots acid pink mine are :blush:.

Hope you have got your holiday shopping done x

She has now woken crying with a bad tummy. :worried: I just don't know what to do as she is never "poorly" like this (obviously she has always suffered from certain conditions but it was the norm so we knew how to deal with it if that makes sense?) She is currently watching Sophia and has stopped crying! Looks like another day off tomorrow if she is still like this!

I did manage to do some shopping before she awoke. I got me a new coat; dress and fleece leggings! So I just hope I like them when they arrive!

I got this coat: http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/...k-side-zip-biker-coat_304192501?isRecent=true

And this dress: http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/...g-sleeve-swing-dress-_301721407?isRecent=true

But I am so faffy about my clothes as I think everything looks awful on me so I will probably hate them on! :confused3

After looking at the weather forecast and it predicting rain whilst we are there I started to panic that the only shoes I really have are converse and figured I needed some leather boots. So I bought the boots I have wanted for YEARS!

http://www.schuh.co.uk/womens-Black-Dr-Martens-New-Authentic-Wedge/1540137020/?s_kwcid=PTC&type=&cid=GOOG_PLA&keyword=&matchype=&adwords_prod=18283950120&network=g&mobile=&creative=33561271871&_$ja=cgid:6876100631|tsid:34908|cid:64979591|lid:18283950120|nw:search|crid:33561271871|dvc:c|adp:1o7|bku:1&gclid=CPXmicjQwrwCFTMPtAodqS0AMA

BUT got them brand new on ebay (no box) for £50!!! So that is me totally sorted for our holiday!!!

Nice thing you got :thumbsup2 isn't this fun - shopping for the trip. Can't wait to do mine :rotfl:

Love your purchases. Those boots are especially nice.

Poor Rosebug. I hope it all settles down and that she's feeling well for Sunday. Its awful when they are ill.

Rosebug's bowels are playing up again; which suggests she has gone underactive again. :sad2: I swear someone better fix my girl soon! She is happy enough in herself though; and we are at the hospital tomorrow for next lot of bloods - not fun!

On the plus side though, I see the forecast for next week has improved! Probably because I splashed out on boots to keep my feet dry:

disney weather by rosebug09, on Flickr

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter