The "we need a bit of pixie dust" pre-trip report!

Sorry to read about Rosebug problems pixiedust:
For your hospital appointment.

Weather looks good for the time of year.

You can never have to many pairs of shoes you a girl x

Sorry to read a out rosebug problems pixiedust:
For your hospital appointment.

Weather looks good for the time of year.

You can never have to many pairs of shoes you a girl x

It is just never-ending; but at least they aren't any more serious. Things could be a whole load worse. I think it seems so bad atm because they just can't get her level. She HATES going to the hospital, understandably. She knows they do bloods everytime and she goes into meltdown. So tomorrow is going to be hard. BUT we are going to let her pack her suitcase tomorrow night as a reward for being brave.

Weather is SO much better than our last feb trip. Fingers crossed the forecast is right!

Hmmm - shoes! I never really did shoes except converse and dms. I don't own a single pair of heels BUT I have developed a love of Iron Fist flats! But that is the extent of me and shoes!

I have just found Alice in Wonderland pj's in Tesco ... for me!!!!

It is just never-ending; but at least they aren't any more serious. Things could be a whole load worse. I think it seems so bad atm because they just can't get her level. She HATES going to the hospital, understandably. She knows they do bloods everytime and she goes into meltdown. So tomorrow is going to be hard. BUT we are going to let her pack her suitcase tomorrow night as a reward for being brave.

Weather is SO much better than our last feb trip. Fingers crossed the forecast is right!

Hmmm - shoes! I never really did shoes except converse and dms. I don't own a single pair of heels BUT I have developed a love of Iron Fist flats! But that is the extent of me and shoes!

Such a stressful situation for you all.
Poor rosebug :hug:
You sound like great parents to me :goodvibes

We been to Argos clearance today they have disney pull along cases with light up wheels.I wanted to get the mc queen ones for the boys but they don't really need them. The Minnie one was fab. £22 !

Shoes well i have one pair of work shoes but god only knows how many others prob only 4 pairs of heels.
You never know when you just might need that pair of shoes.
Dms are great.

:thumbsup2 on the pjs I've got snoopy ones for our trip with matching bed socks
Bed socks lol yes I'm 40 this year.
Xx

Just looked at the Tesco website....there's loads of lovely Disney ones! I hope my local store has them!

Hope Rosebug is ok getting the bloods tomorrow...it's horrible for kids :-/

Such a stressful situation for you all.
Poor rosebug :hug:
You sound like great parents to me :goodvibes

We been to Argos clearance today they have disney pull along cases with light up wheels.I wanted to get the mc queen ones for the boys but they don't really need them. The Minnie one was fab. £22 !

Shoes well i have one pair of work shoes but god only knows how many others prob only 4 pairs of heels.
You never know when you just might need that pair of shoes.
Dms are great.

:thumbsup2 on the pjs I've got snoopy ones for our trip with matching bed socks
Bed socks lol yes I'm 40 this year.
Xx

Thank you :lovestruc she keeps telling me daddy is grumpy so not sure she agrees! :rotfl2:

My new boots just came. The left one fits perfectly but the right one is too tight round the sides! :-( Going to have to try and break them in and see if that helps! :sad1:

I went with this instead of the Alice pj's: http://www.clothingattesco.com/disney-minnie-mouse-fleece-onesie/invt/cc322235

Simply because I figure this can be my Friday night comfy wear! LOL!

I wear bed socks too; I am 35 this year and own about 6 pairs! Can't bear having cold feet!

How did it go? :hug:

Traumatic when they did the bloods. I think it hurt this time. But she was super brave; she guessed where we were going this morning and just kept telling me that she was scared of needles, but didn't go into hysterics like usual. She took her Tinkerbell cuddly with her and held her tight during the bloods; and talked about Frozen with her consultant whose little girls sing Let it Go on repeat apparently! ;) Just waiting for the letter to let us know results of bloods - fingers crossed for them being level but I suspect she is under as she was blue with the cold today and it was quite warm. :sad2: We will see! If all is level she doesn't have to go back for more bloods until June!!!!! Woohoo!

At least it's over now. time to focus on DLP!

I got a Mickey Mouse onsie for Christmas, I <3 it! It would be too warm to wear to DLP in May though, so that's why I NEED new PJs. :-D

RoseBug said:
Traumatic when they did the bloods. I think it hurt this time. But she was super brave; she guessed where we were going this morning and just kept telling me that she was scared of needles, but didn't go into hysterics like usual. She took her Tinkerbell cuddly with her and held her tight during the bloods; and talked about Frozen with her consultant whose little girls sing Let it Go on repeat apparently! ;) Just waiting for the letter to let us know results of bloods - fingers crossed for them being level but I suspect she is under as she was blue with the cold today and it was quite warm. :sad2: We will see! If all is level she doesn't have to go back for more bloods until June!!!!! Woohoo!

Crossing my fingers & toes for ye. Do the results take long to come back?

4 days to go! :cool1::cool1::dance3:

I need to get a grip and figure out what's what as atm I am totally unprepared.

The final plan:

Night 1: Arrive at the DLH around 9-9:30pm. Check in; book makeover and then order room service; which I am led to believe is quite lovely at the DLH.

Day 1: Early breakfast and EMH; visit to City Hall for birthday sticker and EAC; hopefully makeover around 11am and the Auberge plus birthday cake at lunchtime. Rides and parade; Cafe Mickey; then Dreams.

Day 2: EMH and a late breakfast. Park time; doing whatever takes Rosebug's fancy probably a million trips up the stairs in the Castle and Snow White; Pirates and Peter Pan. Lunch will be whenever and whereever after a late breakfast. We may watch the parade again or go back to the hotel for a swim. Inventions and an early night.

Day 3: Lie in; late breakfast and then the Studios for rope drop. I will TRY to do a run to Crush as I still have never done this. Rides; shows and Stars and Cars in the hopes of meeting Mulan; Jasmine and any other characters R has never met! We are just planning a counter service lunch. Back to the park for an hour or two and then back to Inventions. We will then head out after tea to catch Dreams again.

Day 4: Early breakfast; EMH and cramming in as much as we can before heading back to the DLH to be picked up for our return home! :sad2:

The packing and the purchases!

Rosebug:

Tinkerbell suitcase
Tiana toiletries bag with DP toothpaste; flannel etc.
Aurora nightdress; hairdryer and "real" tiara (all were birthday gifts!)

sleeping by rosebug09, on Flickr

Snow suit and boots
Thermal vests & leggings
Warm clothes & thick socks

Aurora Dress
Anna Dress
Merida dress

Me:
New boots; coat and clothes (excited much!)
Minnie Mouse Onesie

Onesie by rosebug09, on Flickr
Mickey Mouse Fair Isle pj's
Tinkerbell; Alice in Wonderland; Minnie Mouse and Daisy Duck underwear (yes I am 34!!!)

Daddy:
Who knows and who cares! ;);):lmao:
Although he has told me he is taking his "Tarzan" costume. Which is infact a pair of hideous leopard print boxer shorts he insists on wearing! :crazy2:

Goody bag.

The plan with this was to give her it on the plane BUT nothing in it is really for the journey so I am going to try to sneak it onto Rosebug's bed before she can notice and leave a note from the princesses welcoming her to their hotel (she thinks the princesses live in the DLH) and inviting her for lunch the next day.

This is what is in it (not the toiletry bag):

Princess bag by rosebug09, on Flickr

20130915_155318 by rosebug09, on Flickr

We are hoping to be able to blow up a few pink balloons before she notices also!

I just need to write the letter from the princesses! princess:princess:

Arriving at the hotel.

Rosebug has been talking alot about staying in the pink hotel, but we have told her it is very expensive so we will be staying somewhere else. The plan is; that we will put her Aurora dress on at the airport before we get our transfer. Then in the car just as we are pulling up we are going to give her the DLH pin that her Dis Fairy Godmother got for us and tell her that the Princesses and Tinkerbell have sent a magic key which means that she can stay at the pink hotel because she is a princess! princess:

pin by rosebug09, on Flickr

Hopefully she will be excited!

Crossing my fingers & toes for ye. Do the results take long to come back?

With the old consultant we used to get a phonecall the same day with guidance on changing meds etc. This one we wait 2 weeks for a letter telling us the results and what changes to make?!:confused3

Tonight Rosbeug got her first manicure!!! I booked it at the salon I go to; because she has been ripping her nails off lately (brittle with the meds) and it's starting to hurt so thought this might stop her. We did try to steer her towards the light pink but no chance...hot pink all the way!

nails 1 by rosebug09, on Flickr

nails by rosebug09, on Flickr

How my 5 year old managed a manicure for holiday and I didn't is beyond me! ;)

Boarding passes; hotel confirmation and letter from the princesses all printed out today! Phew!

My onesie arrived - and I am wearing it now! Why have I never discovered the joy and comfort of a onesie before now?!?! :thumbsup2 Not the most attractive attire for Valentines night - good job DH is at work!!! ;)

Rosebug is at her grandma's - her cold is just about gone and she is nearly finished her antibiotics so I am sure she will be right as rain by Sunday! So tonight I am going to START THE PACKING!!!!

2 more sleeps! :cool1::dance3::cheer2:

Love all the new pink stuff :thumbsup2
Glad she feeling better :goodvibes
I haven't got a onesie may have to invest in one.

Have you had your manicure ?
Just got in from metro wanted some cheapy tue tickets for the lego movie, there was more little girls getting their nails done at that one next to primark than women what the world coming to :rolleyes1.

Yay 2 more sleeps :dance3:

Love all the new pink stuff :thumbsup2
Glad she feeling better :goodvibes
I haven't got a onesie may have to invest in one.

Have you had your manicure ?
Just got in from metro wanted some cheapy tue tickets for the lego movie, there was more little girls getting their nails done at that one next to primark than women what the world coming to :rolleyes1.

Yay 2 more sleeps :dance3:

Get yourself a Disney onesie! I feel like I haven't lived til now! :rotfl2:

I don't get manicures. I cut my nails down and if I am feeling really girly I stick some platinum or green nail varnish on. ;) Which I need to do tonight! I am actually totally against little girls getting primped and pampered but this was a last ditch attempt at getting her to stop pulling her nails off. Although I would like her to grow up to take a little more care with appearance than I do about mine! ;)

I have just been to pick up the last of my new clothes; fleece leggings and dresses. My boots are hurting my feet! :( So I don't dare try to break them in anymore before I go or I will be crippled! Converse it is!

Oh.... did you know - WE GO TOMORROW!!!! pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter