The "What? No PINK LEMONADE Tour" - Competition Results

Well now I've got over the shock of NO PINK LEMONADE???!!!!!! thanks for starting off a great trippie, really looking forward to more, looks like DD is having a ton of fun already:thumbsup2

WHAT, NO PINK LEMONADE...............

I asked why and was told that the Americans didn't really like it.:confused3

Richard - the rest of that day (and in fact the rest of the holiday) I kept wishing we had arranged to meet up later for lunch or just a drink:thumbsup2 I think we were just all Disney'd out on that day and really ready for a change of scenery.

No probs - we'll just have to "bump" into each other again sometime.

Well now I've got over the shock of NO PINK LEMONADE???!!!!!! thanks for starting off a great trippie, really looking forward to more, looks like DD is having a ton of fun already:thumbsup2

Yes, Victoria was quite pleased to make a great racket with the horn.:lmao:

Day 3 - Sunday 21st October

Up, showered and my usual walk over to the Artist's Palette to collect the early morning teas for us, and Sprite for DD. Breakfast today is the "puds" we couldn't manage to eat last night.

Today we are off to Disney MGM Studios. Its straight off to ToT to collect our Fastpasses and then to watch the "High School" parade before returning to ToT. DW decided not to ride so DD and I queued in the FastPass whilst DW did some "chin-wagging".

P1000723.jpg

P1000721.jpg

P1000731.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

We had one of the better sequences in ToT, went straight across to the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster to pick up the next Fastpasses, and then returned to DW who was still chin-wagging.

We decided to have a gentle stroll around before going into the Commissionary to have our early lunch at 11:15am. Batteries charged DW went to the animation studios whilst DD and I joined the Fastpass queue for RnRC. DW was very chuffed....she got a personally drawn picture of Mickey by one of the animators.

Today was VERY hot and muggy so we decided to go back to the SSR to freshen up and then we caught the boat over to DTD.

We partook in a little retail therapy before treating ourselves to a super-duper ice cream each at Ghirardelli's. Just what we needed to cool down the body thermostat. We then took the tranquil walk back to SSR. Just enough time to shower before our drive to Animal Kingdom Lodge for our appointment at Boma's.

I do love Boma's. As usual, far too much to eat, and excellent as always. We then walked off some of our excess "weight" and explored the AKL as well as checking out the DVC there.

Fed, exercised and tired we headed back to SSR to pick up the coffees and Sprite in those dependable refillable mugs.

A lovely day, Richard. We will have to try and get to Boma one day, it always sounds so nice.

Laur's princess:

Great report again, help me out here, the character you are with is from Meet The Robinsons right? What was his name though? I'm guessing its "_______ Robinson" :laughing: my mind has gone blank. Did Victoria enjoy High School Musical? Was it worth the scrum?

Monday 22nd October
Today was an early start. We're off to Mickey's Magical Milestones Tour. So it's up, showered, dressed, fed, watered and off to the car for the short trip to MK. We draw up in the Car Park at 8.15am.

Yes, the car park really was this empty. Its the first time I've ever had the short walk (yes, walk) to the monorail station.

IMG_0069-1.jpg

Shame its not like that all the time!

IMG_0072-1.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

image063.jpg

image067.jpg

image069.jpg

IMG_0083-1.jpg

P1000751.jpg

P1000771.jpg

P1000779.jpg

P1000794.jpg

P1000797.jpg

The day started off really humid (98% apparantly) so in those early photos above its not rain, its just the humidity.

We made our way to the entrance and were let in at 8:30am, a whole 1/2 hour before the rope drop. What a great way to get some uncluttered pictures of the MK. Our guide did a great job of informing us of the "milestones" in Mickey's career and following the train ride (whilst having to draw Mickey) we entered Mickey's house. The tour of this was very informative as well, and then we got our own private photo shoot with the Mouse himself (oooh! You should have seen the "evils" from those having to wait in the queue). By this time the humidity had been burned off so the day was glorious and sunny. We finished the tour with our own private allocation of seats at Philharmagic.

Following this it was across to Columbia Harbour House for lunch. We then took a gentle stroll around MK and got on a few rides before heading back to SSR to freshen up. We had a 5.00pm ADR at Mama Melroses so we took the car to Disney MGM Studios and filled our faces with the glorious food before making our way to Fantasmic, which was fantastic as always. We finished the evening with a little retail therapy in the park shops before heading back to SSR for our drinks and a well earned rest.

What did you eat at mama melrose Richard ? we had a lovely meal there !

DD had:

Caesar Salad
Vine Ripened Tomato Flatbread
Chocolate Gelato

DW had:

Toasted Italian Bread Salad
Wood Grilled Salmon
Crema Limone

..and me:

Mozzarella & Tomatoes
Pork Marsala
Tiramisu

totalling $154.88:teeth:

Glad we were on the Dining Plan. Bought direct, it cost us approx £19 each per day, and with that meal coming to approx £25 each, great value for money.party:

A lovely Day, Richard (and great photos, Victoria!) The MMM tour sounds like fun.

Laur's princess:

Day 5 - 23rd October MNSSHP

Today is the BIG day. We have Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party tonight, so this morning its a leisurely rise with Tea and breakfast on the balcony. As we are going to be "busy" this evening it has been decided to have a little retail therapy and headed to WalMarts. Most of the day was "chilling" out and preserving the batteries.

We had an ADR at 4.00pm at the Liberty Tree so at 3.30pm we took the short drive to MK and took an easy stroll up to the restaurant.

P1000803.jpg

P1000804.jpg

P1000805.jpg

P1000806.jpg

P1000808.jpg

The meal, as always, was tremendous, and the servers on top form. We finished about 5.15pm and then changed into our costumes.

P1000811.jpg

P1000812.jpg

P1000815.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg

image080.jpg

image094.jpg

image100.jpg

image112.jpg

Its amazing how many rides we managed to get onto prior to the 7.00pm "kick-off". And then the party began. What a wonderful time. Plenty of sweeties collected at the "trick or treat" stations and wonderful views with the party decorations. At 11.30pm we are absolutely shattered so decide to beat the rush and get back to the car, however............

"Snow at MK?":

P1000816.jpg

No, not really, but rain. It absolutely chucked it down. It hammered it down for about 1/2 an hour. The tar-mac was like a lake. We decided that we needed a sprint and managed to get to the cover of the monorail (drenched), but hey, we'd had a great time.

Drained, happy and tired we drove back to SSR.

ZZzzzzzzz.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter