The "What? No PINK LEMONADE Tour" - Competition Results

great report Rich, those costumes were fab, well done!

Sounds like you had a great time at MNSSHP, it's my favourite night of the year! Your costumes were really good.

Laur's princess:

Day 6 - 24th October - Sickness and Diseases

Well, it seems to happen on every holiday I go on:sick: . Today I woke up with a thumping headache and nausea.:sick: :sick: Unfortunately, I suffer quite badly from dehydration and the terrible humidity from the night before and the very late night meant I was quite low on fluids. So, I'm stuck in bed with a bowl and what feels like someone playing football with my head.

DW and DD go and get themselves something to eat and then I send them down to DTD. They went to the Earl of Sandwich for lunch which they both enjoyed immensly and bought a few items, including some more decorations for the Christmas Tree and another Goofy for me (my fave character).

IMG_0208.jpg

IMG_0210.jpg

IMG_0205.jpg

We have an ADR booked at the Whispering Canyon at 7.00pm, but all I've been able to face is a packet of crisps popcorn::, so I take DD and DW over to the Wilderness Lodge. (Guess what? On our visit to WDW last year I was ill on the Whispering Canyon day as well - so I've yet to partake in the fun here). I drove back and had a bit of a walk around SSR - glorious and peaceful and then at 8:30pm drove back to pick DD and DW up. I arrive just as they are being served their puds. At this time I'm able to help DW with her apple pie so I'm on the mend.:) We decide to spend some of the evening exploring the Wilderness Lodge and also had a good look around the DVC there - very nice, but I think I prefer the tranquility of SSR after a long day in the parks to the hustle and bustle of the Lodge.

Miss Steven Spielberg?
P1000819.jpg

P1000823.jpg

P1000826.jpg

We then drove back to SSR where we picked up our coffees and fanta and sat next to the "lake" and watched the lights of DTD and the boats go by.

Richard you poor thing. I am just the same all year at work I am well and hardly ever take time off sick but as soon as I am on holiday I get ill.

Have loads of sympathy for you and hope it was just for one day. I too love Saratoga Springs more than all the other resorts.

Susan

Yep, same here with illness - first 4 days of our holiday we all had a cold and sore throats! You can also bet on it that i will be ill at christmas!! Great trip reports:thumbsup2

So sorry to hear you were poorly, Richard, I hope you were feeling much better the next day.

Laur's princess:

Richard you poor thing. I am just the same all year at work I am well and hardly ever take time off sick but as soon as I am on holiday I get ill.

Have loads of sympathy for you and hope it was just for one day. I too love Saratoga Springs more than all the other resorts.

Susan

Yep, same here with illness - first 4 days of our holiday we all had a cold and sore throats! You can also bet on it that i will be ill at christmas!! Great trip reports:thumbsup2

So sorry to hear you were poorly, Richard, I hope you were feeling much better the next day.

Laur's princess:

Many thanks all. Its just one of those things that seems to get me on holiday (exactly the same as on my last year's trippie). Maybe the excitement is just TOOOOOO much for me.:lmao:

DAY 7 - 25th October

I'm up bright and early this morning, fully recovered from the "lurgy" from yesterday.

On today's menu is Animal Kingdom. We arrive early and manage to get into the first showing of Nemo. What a great show that is and thoroughly enjoyed by all. Then it's across to Dinosaur to get our fast pass before joining the single rider queue at Everest.

The temperature today is fantastic, very low humidity and not too hot. Great for keeping going and the "batteries" are not draining at all. We have our early lunch at the Flame Tree.

IMG_0226.jpg

Lots of photo's with the characters. We took the train ride (first time ever). Managed to do the river rapids without getting soaked and joined in the fun at "A Bug's Life".

One of the things we have never done in the past is the Jungle Parade, but as I said earlier, the weather was perfect for the parks and we stayed all day and still didn't feel drained.

image222.jpg

image214.jpg

image212.jpg

image192.jpg

image140.jpg

image134.jpg

image158.jpg

image172.jpg

P1000867.jpg

P1000860.jpg

P1000854.jpg

Parade over, we drove back to SSR and freshened up, and then took the short drive to EPCOT where we had our ADR at Le Cellier. I love this restaurant and always come out feeling really satisfied.

Following the meal DD and I went on Mission Space twice and then we took in the fireworks before returning to SSR to fill our trusty mugs for our evening drink.

Love your Halloween costumes, the tour sounds great, so sorry you were ill but at least it was only 1 day! Lovely Photos Victoria :thumbsup2

Lovely day at AK, it seems so rare an opportunity to tour this park without it being far too hot! And finishing up with Le Cellier, perfect.

Laur's princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter