The "Why I didn't speak to my sister for a week" trip report *** Now Complete :)

This TR is exactly why we don't vacation with other people! You poor thing. Please tell me you eventually told your sister to do their own thing and you would meet up with each other when you could?

I've never had a drop of alcohol in my life...............but after a day like you had, I think I'd drink too!:headache:

OMG!!! She really did make you miss your Ohana ADR!!! All I can say is that I think most courts in the US would have let you off with probation if you'd had her whacked! Think the Sopranos! :rotfl2: And I'd have sent Jessie up to buy you your margarita!!!!!!! I'm so waiting for the next installment......

Just as I am about to take the room she says "I get this room because I have breast cancer right?"

OH, no she didn't! Wow, I am glad your sister is doing well with her breast cancer, but that is just a crazy thing to say, :sad2: Anyway, you are a great sister for letting her take the room. And you are smart for planning a trip with just your family this year!

From your friendly Delaware neighbor! :flower3:

"Hi, I'm here with my sister, and all she wants to do is sleep, and we're late for everything, we missed 'Ohana, this is my ID, yes I *am* really French this isn't a fake, and yes that's how old I am, so can I please please with a cherry on top have a margarita now??"

OMG, this trip really is getting worse. I hope it starts getting better real soon:wizard:

OH, no she didn't! Wow, I am glad your sister is doing well with her breast cancer, but that is just a crazy thing to say, :sad2: Anyway, you are a great sister for letting her take the room. And you are smart for planning a trip with just your family this year!

From your friendly Delaware neighbor! :flower3:

Thanks...I learned to take the high road from my very passive dad. I would never ever want to switch places with her after all she has been through. I think family vacations are awesome but I think we ALL had our expectations way too high. This years vacation was wonderful and relaxing and they felt the same way on theirs.

I am sure I probably did somethings to aggravate her as well (though I can't think of any LOL :rotfl2: )

I've never ever seen anyone else from Delawhere? on here before!!!:thumbsup2

All I have to say is that you are a better person than I. I believe that I would be walking around the "world" with a flask by now:drinking1 . I am really enjoying your report though. Can't wait to read more.

Melissa:flower3:

I feel so bad for you....I think I may have a margaritta right now in your honor!!! :thumbsup2

Oh, you poor thing! I don't even know what to say...

I read your dining reviews and really enjoyed them so I thought I would check out your trip report. I'm enjoying this too, but in a sort of frightening way :scared1: not a happy Disney way.:cloud9:

I just found (and am LOVING) your planning and TR. While I was reading your planning report, I had to pull up my calendar, as those dates sounded REALLY familiar -

And almost fell over when I did - My DH and I were in WDW with my sister and her boyfriend that same week! It was the first trip to WDW for both of them (they live in California, so have been to DL a few times - but neither had seen the 'the World'.)

AND - hotel and park hoppers were on us. (They bought their own airfare and we split the cost of the meals.)

AND - we sent them several advance gift boxes, including the UG, a passporter and shirts I made on Zazzle (www.zazzle.com - you should check them out - a lot easier than trying to iron them on yourself!)

I was so dreading our trip - mostly because of the BF issue. :worried: I had never met this one, and really wasn't looking forward to it. My sister changes boyfriends almost annually, so I try not to get too attached, if you know what I mean. :cool: She's 46 and as she puts it, has never been married, but has been divorced 16 times. :rolleyes2

That and - our taste in men is rather different. I've been married for 28 years to an accountant, whose favorite joke is "What do accountants use for birth control?...Their personalities." :rolleyes1

But DS likes to date men right out of prison because (and yes, she says this with a straight face') "They're so buff when they get out of prison..." :eek:

Blessedly, it was NOT a nightmare trip. And oddly enough, for the first time in...well, since she was in high-school, DH and I actually liked her boyfriend! He was kind and respectful to my sister and of our plans and very grateful for the tickets and hotel room. :love:WOW. Now I'm waiting to be heartbroken when she tells me this one's gone too...:sad2:

:surfweb: Can't wait to see if you actually made it to Boma on the 24th - we had 5:10 ADRs there the same night! (Although I don't remember seeing you there, it would still be wild to think that we had crossed paths and had to read about it on the internet months later!)

Really looking forward to your next installment! :rolleyes:

Karen

BTW - Hi to fellow fans of your trippie, my Delaware neighbors, 9 miles to the north. I'm down here in Salisbury, MD!!

ROFL We have that same hat!!!!!! Got it for DD8's b-day.
Still reading avidly.....

BTW - Hi to fellow fans of your trippie, my Delaware neighbors, 9 miles to the north. I'm down here in Salisbury, MD!!

What, is everybody from Delaware? I was born and raised in Bear, DE (and lived in Denton, MD 2 yrs, Salisbury friend...) but now in Myrtle Beach, SC. :rotfl:

What, is everybody from Delaware? I was born and raised in Bear, DE (and lived in Denton, MD 2 yrs, Salisbury friend...) but now in Myrtle Beach, SC. :rotfl:

The Delaware people are taking over this thread about two sisters from France! Geeesh! Go figure!

I've never ever seen anyone else from Delawhere? on here before!!!:thumbsup2[/QUOTE[/B]]

I can't think of a better vacation from Delaware than Disney! Can you??? For what some people pay to go sit in crowded Rehobeth for a week, I would much rather be in Disney. And now that we joined DVC we will have many more vacations to come. :cool1:

The Delaware people are taking over this thread about two sisters from France! Geeesh! Go figure!

I can't think of a better vacation from Delaware than Disney! Can you??? For what some people pay to go sit in crowded Rehobeth for a week, I would much rather be in Disney. And now that we joined DVC we will have many more vacations to come. :cool1:[/QUOTE]

You are so right about the rehoboth thing. I was just calculating renting a hotel for a weekend and it would cost approx. 700.00 just for a weekend. I don't even like the beach that much....I was born and raised Disney LOL

My husband and I have been talking about buying a time share. I am really pulling for it but he is unsure....congrats on yours though!

I interrupt this TR for a few moments as I must relay this invaluable information.

WE WON !!!!!!!!
We Frenchies finally won something !

Now, granted, it's the title of most obnoxious tourist, but still.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/2008070/wl_time/mostobnoxioustouriststhefrench

The funniest part of this is that survery was done by a French site. Oh my word, even our own kind can't stand us. :rolleyes1

Would it surprise you to know that Jessi & Alex turned out to be Frenchie magnets ? :eek:

I interrupt this TR for a few moments as I must relay this invaluable information.

WE WON !!!!!!!!
We Frenchies finally won something !

Now, granted, it's the title of most obnoxious tourist, but still.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/2008070/wl_time/mostobnoxioustouriststhefrench

The funniest part of this is that survery was done by a French site. Oh my word, even our own kind can't stand us. :rolleyes1

Would it surprise you to know that Jessi & Alex turned out to be Frenchie magnets ? :eek:

Hurrah for you! I am breathing easier about my school trip already. I think I'll pack a copy of the article in my bag to pull out in Paris if any of my students act up. I can just hand it over and give my apologies to France at large, hoping for a knowing smile...

Your original link didn't work for me, but I found it here, in case others have the same trouble...

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1820358,00.html?xid=rss-topstories

Thanks again for the wonderful report. My husband has started asking if I've heard from my friend from Paris yet today... :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter