• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thinking of Christmas

Since kiddos birthday is in December we usually wait until after that or when he says it is ok. But I suspect this year may be earlier, probably not under after Nov 11 though. We are going to go through all our decorations and get rid of those that aren't as special, we have so many! Too many. Our new tree is smaller so we really don't need as many decorations any way.

Oh! Kiddo got some new sheets for his bed today. He wanted the fuzzy blanket that went with it but we didn't have enough for both. That may end up under the tree this year, we'll see :)

View attachment 535716

Super cool Hon!
Yeah maybe Santa can see if the Fuzzy blanket is in his workshop (grandparents).
Hugs to you
Mel

Where did you find those sheets. I know a few in this family that would love to have those.

I hear you about the decorations. I pick up a few new ones each year. I now have way too many, so each Sunday (once the tree is up) when the boys come over they take one home. As the years go by they will have a bunch of decorations they grew up with at their own homes and I will have room on my tree for more! It's a win/win.

I think I'm probably the only one here that is happy about not really having to deal with holidays this year. After years and years of family drama Christmas is ruined for me. My family is VERY small....literally my mom, brother and myself. My mother has a major hate on for my brothers wife....it's totally not justified....and has held a grudge for something that she thinks was said (it was not) for approx 12-13 years. So in all that time I've been held hostage in the middle of this petty garbage. I basically have to spend holidays with my mom (and listen to snark about my bro/wife) because otherwise I get to hear about how I left her alone. My brother and his wife know and acknowledge the position I'm in and feel bad for me. Every single year they invite our mom but of course she says no. In the last 10-12 years I've had Christmas with my brother twice. I will never understand why someone can't just suck it up and sit in a room for a couple of hours once or twice a year and have a meal without drama. The best Christmas I've had in the last decade was 2018 when we ditched everyone and went to Cuba. My SIL actually cried when I told her....she was relieved that I was actually going to enjoy the holiday. That was going to be the plan again this year as the days fit really nicely into a 7 day package vacay. LOL....once in a while I look at what the packages look like for Christmas. OH MY...the prices are amazing!

12 days of Christmas granddaughter Advent gift is ready to go
Here is a picture of it waiting to be packed & mailed.
vEIz54E.jpg

Hugs Mel

Where did you find those sheets. I know a few in this family that would love to have those.

I hear you about the decorations. I pick up a few new ones each year. I now have way too many, so each Sunday (once the tree is up) when the boys come over they take one home. As the years go by they will have a bunch of decorations they grew up with at their own homes and I will have room on my tree for more! It's a win/win.

Walmart in Barrhaven. They had twin or double sets. I'd have gotten a set in Queen if they had them :)

I think we will go through all the decorations and just keep the one we really like. I had bought some cheap, non breakable ones when he was little and we have so many, plus some really nice ones in shiny silver from Lee Valley that my mom gave me. And all the Star Wars ones we've collected over the years. We just have boxes of them, and half the time we don't even bring them upstairs to put on the tree. I'd like to get a new start this year, maybe. We have a light up star but it might be time for something new.

I think I'm probably the only one here that is happy about not really having to deal with holidays this year. After years and years of family drama Christmas is ruined for me. My family is VERY small....literally my mom, brother and myself. My mother has a major hate on for my brothers wife....it's totally not justified....and has held a grudge for something that she thinks was said (it was not) for approx 12-13 years. So in all that time I've been held hostage in the middle of this petty garbage. I basically have to spend holidays with my mom (and listen to snark about my bro/wife) because otherwise I get to hear about how I left her alone. My brother and his wife know and acknowledge the position I'm in and feel bad for me. Every single year they invite our mom but of course she says no. In the last 10-12 years I've had Christmas with my brother twice. I will never understand why someone can't just suck it up and sit in a room for a couple of hours once or twice a year and have a meal without drama. The best Christmas I've had in the last decade was 2018 when we ditched everyone and went to Cuba. My SIL actually cried when I told her....she was relieved that I was actually going to enjoy the holiday. That was going to be the plan again this year as the days fit really nicely into a 7 day package vacay. LOL....once in a while I look at what the packages look like for Christmas. OH MY...the prices are amazing!

Time is so precious.
I miss my middle brother so much more at Christmas time , but have so many good memories of him.
I truly hope you are able to find some joy this Holiday season.
You deserve it Hon.
Thinking of you.
Hugs
Mel

Walmart in Barrhaven. They had twin or double sets. I'd have gotten a set in Queen if they had them :)

I think we will go through all the decorations and just keep the one we really like. I had bought some cheap, non breakable ones when he was little and we have so many, plus some really nice ones in shiny silver from Lee Valley that my mom gave me. And all the Star Wars ones we've collected over the years. We just have boxes of them, and half the time we don't even bring them upstairs to put on the tree. I'd like to get a new start this year, maybe. We have a light up star but it might be time for something new.

If you want to display more, I've seen some really neat looking garland where people have tied ornaments to string for display.

I'm all for refreshing sometimes too :) But with a toddler and cats, we need to come up with creative, safe ways to display treasured ornaments! haha

Time is so precious.
I miss my middle brother so much more at Christmas time , but have so many good memories of him.
I truly hope you are able to find some joy this Holiday season.
You deserve it Hon.
Thinking of you.
Hugs
Mel
I agree....our oldest brother passed 11 years ago and I realized exactly how short we are on time. I actually had a flip out on my mom right after he passed because she wouldn’t drop the petty stuff. I remember saying to her that she had learned nothing from the death of her son.

I will be very grateful to have a couple of days off at Christmas this year...and I will very much enjoy the rest. It’s mentally and emotionally exhausting working in healthcare right now.

I just found this great sampler pack of coffee that I'd love to get for my husband. Heck, I know my son, daughter and I would love them as well. I'd buy 4 of these if I could. While Walmart.com sells the 40 count for $20 US, Amazon.ca wants $60!! I've tried searching and I just can't seem to locate a way to purchase these. Is anyone here good at this? Would someone take a gander and see if you can see how I can order them? Here's the link:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Two-Rivers-Coffee-Flavored-Sampler-40-Count-Kcups/136104618

I just found this great sampler pack of coffee that I'd love to get for my husband. Heck, I know my son, daughter and I would love them as well. I'd buy 4 of these if I could. While Walmart.com sells the 40 count for $20 US, Amazon.ca wants $60!! I've tried searching and I just can't seem to locate a way to purchase these. Is anyone here good at this? Would someone take a gander and see if you can see how I can order them? Here's the link:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Two-Rivers-Coffee-Flavored-Sampler-40-Count-Kcups/136104618
How creative are you??
There are so many places that sell the individual pods/kcups that you should be able to put together a nice sampler yourself! We have 2 dedicated stores in our city alone, plus Longos sells them and our Home Hardware does as well.

I am now making 2 of 3 sons a Christmas stocking,,,.🎄 🎄
Now to come up with a list of small gifts for
Mens Christmas Stockings:

Sensitive skin disposable shavers
shaving cream
face wash
body wash
socks
lottery tickets
oral care,toothbrush,paste,floss,mouthwash etc
mini bottle liquor

feel free to add ideas

Hugs
Mel

I am now making 2 of 3 sons a Christmas stocking,,,.🎄 🎄
Now to come up with a list of small gifts for
Mens Christmas Stockings:

Sensitive skin disposable shavers
shaving cream
face wash
body wash
socks
lottery tickets
oral care,toothbrush,paste,floss,mouthwash etc
mini bottle liquor

feel free to add ideas

Hugs
Mel

Socks, heat packs for inside gloves, mini gloves to keep in car, Timmies gift card, can of craft beer, Picard’s chipnuts, new mask, hand sanitizer, candy, magazine, golf balls and tees, pack of cards. (My son’s favourites are the can of beer and the chipnuts!!).

I just got thinking about stockings and something my best friend said to me recently. I was telling her that I fill 10 stockings for my family. She said her adult kids told her last year that while they appreciated the effort, they felt they didn’t need them anymore as everything in them was either stuff they already had or things they didn’t want and that they cost too much. My family seem to enjoy them. Has anyone else’s family ever said not to do stockings any longer?

My family hasn't done stockings since the kids were young. For 2020, I'm bringing stockings back for my elderly parents! They are snowbirds, who are staying home this winter due to the pandemic. I'm hoping that the surprise stockings will lift their spirits. I appreciate all the stocking ideas on this thread, since I need to get shopping!

My family hasn't done stockings since the kids were young. For 2020, I'm bringing stockings back for my elderly parents! They are snowbirds, who are staying home this winter due to the pandemic. I'm hoping that the surprise stockings will lift their spirits. I appreciate all the stocking ideas on this thread, since I need to get shopping!
That’s a wonderful idea and I bet your parents will love it. I used to do them for my parents also and they always had a smile on their face when opening them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter