This is a CULT, leave now!

Hey fellow CULT Members . . . I just had someone ask me very gently as if she was talking to a mental patient: "Is there anyplace else you'd want to go insted of Disney World"? She meant well, so I answered her nicely. The answer is YES, there are tons of places, but right now, I just like going there. Hopefully next year I'll get back to the Caribbean or Hawaii!!!!:cool1:

Try OrientalTrading.com they have them there too!! How silly of me I forgot!!

Thanks! I'll check them out too!

Hey fellow CULT Members . . . I just had someone ask me very gently as if she was talking to a mental patient: "Is there anyplace else you'd want to go insted of Disney World"? She meant well, so I answered her nicely. The answer is YES, there are tons of places, but right now, I just like going there. Hopefully next year I'll get back to the Caribbean or Hawaii!!!!:cool1:

Was she talking slowly and loudly and deliberately with a compassionate smile? :rotfl:

I think you gave the right answer, and yeah, the Caribbean or Hawaii either one would be beautiful and awesome! I'm pretty sure I'll make it to neither in my lifetime, however. Caribbean Beach Resort is a possibility, though. ;)

There are many places in Europe I'd love to see, but that'll most likely have to be fulfilled in Epcot.

I watch the Travel Channel a lot and dream!

First off, I'm new and boy can i say i want in on the cult thing too. This is amazing. We are going to WDW in 2 weeks and 4 days and I can't wait. I can't stop talking about it. I'm like alittle kid. I've never been but i think (no, i know) this will not be the last.
So, anyway.
I need some tips. Things we need. Got the ben-gay and going to home depot today to get the green card. I just want to make sure that this is the most perfect trip. We are staying at Saratoga. I do have a question. We are leaving on the 14 but our hotel isn't available until the 15, does anybody have any suggestions as to where we can stay for 1 night. And suggestions on dining would be great too.
Any tips about WDW would be great.
Thanks

:cool1: Welcome Djacques....:banana: get ready life will never be the same after your trip. I found this site a few weeks back and study it every day. Our first trip we drove down and stayed off property our first night it was some sort of Holiday Inn near SeaWorld and very close to a Pirate Dinner Show ( like Medeviel Times Sp?) :cutie: It was a fun way to spend the night before our life changing trip. First trip was 2002, been every year since for 10 days. Have a wonderful vacation.:thumbsup2

Speaking of HD....I had my DD14 go in and get some more Mickey Heads (this time black & orange for "early" Halloween (MNSSHP)) to decorate our windows for our Sept. trip. The funny thing is that she never asked why I was sending her in....she already knew! ;) She's already following in my :worship: Mickey obsessed footsteps! LOL:lmao:

I'm there too, this site is addictive. My co-workers think I'm nuts planning this far in advanced. I got my LGMH's this week at HD. Can't wait until my October Trip (73 days and counting). I love the Disboard & DisPod Cast, lots of good info. See all you fellow Dis'ers in October.

My family and friends think that I am crazy, and now I see why. :sad2:

Today ALL of my chores were centered around things people on THE DIS told me to buy: Super-Duper Sized ziplock bags, drink and go water filters, moisture reducing socks (but not the no-show ones because you'll walk them down into you shoes, says THE DIS), lime green Mickeys for the room's window and backpack, lime green string to attach to the Mickeys, lime green shirts (got one and I'm not a fan of the color), stick ups for the room in case the previous guests decided to smoke in there anyway, etc . . . . I actually got upset when I thought I had the right shade of green "thingy" to hang from my backpack, only to realize it was too dark. So the DIS voices told me that I had to go to a party store (where I still couldn't find "lime green" anything), FINALLY I found lime green curly ribbon that you would put on a present. WHEW!!!! OH! and don't forget the clear tape to attach the Mickeys to your window (said the DIS Voices)!

To all you newbies, GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN!!!!! Your life will NEVER be the same.

- Gmax (see, I can't even remember my REAL NAME!!!!!!) :crazy:

:laughing: My brother keeps telling me there's help for this "addiction" but do I really need it?

My husbend also thinks I'm nuts:goodvibes That's ok I am not so secretly turning my 4 kids into Disney nuts too:rolleyes: My youngest refused to wear anything but Disney Princess stuff!! I ask is that so wrong????

So my DH came home last night and I started going on and on about how i had to buy this and we really needed this and he thought i was insane. Then i started telling me how we can save here by doing this and he proceeded to tell me I had lost my mind. He said i had gone WDW crazy. Is there anything wrong with that? And whats bad is my DS5 and DD7 do not even know we are going yet and when they find out they will be right along with me. I love being crazy.
:goodvibes :cool1: :woohoo:
:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

:rotfl: My DH is over my shoulder ( somehow he always knows when I am on the Dis) telling me in a funny way " stay away from crack, you are ADDICTED".

Yes I admit it, Disney and the Dis are my crack of choice. He is such a cool guy, we are going 12/5-12/14 and he is already talking about it too. He knows I am an addict because he secretly is one too. :banana: Takes one to know one.

:) So Djacques when are you going and how will you be telling the kids??

I know all the people that I work with think I'm nuts (except one guy-he is a Disney "freak" like me)!!!!:lmao: The all go to places like Uganda, Costa Rica, New Zealand, Kenya.....and I always go to WDW. :cool1:

:lovestruc Can someone link me to the post on the lime green stuff aka the secret lime club? I tried to search for it but the search is not working. I went through 16 pages of this thread, and still can't fin it -- my eyes hurt!:rotfl:

Thanks in Advance!

:) So Djacques when are you going and how will you be telling the kids??

So our plan is to take the DVD we get about WDW and put it in the DVD in the van when we leave and that night I am going to decorate the van with "Disney Bound" written on the windows. I really can't wait cause they think we are going to the mountains. HAHAHA

This cult member is currently planning our 13th trip to WDW! We leave home on August 8th and will return on August 16th. Even though we've been time and time again, I love the planning! As a matter of fact, I am just itching for the 2009 rates to come out so I can start planning that trip!

The best thing about our upcoming trip is our 11 year old son has absolutely positively no idea that we are going. We were supposed to go in May and spend 10 days but 1) our daughter was injured during a missionary trip and we had to get her back to the missionary college to receive medical attention; 2) I started a new job the day we were supposed to leave (would have turned it down but it's lot more pay which means more Disney money and lot less work); 3) my husband and I own a cabinet shop and we got a really big job at the last minute;.

So, my new boss is so pleased with my work and my husband made more off the cabinet job that we thought so we are going to Walt Disney World. Our son still thinks we aren't going until next year. He is so bummed out. We are just going to put him in the car and start driving.

We've been telling him maybe we can take one last long weekend trip before school starts but we can't go too far and we can't spend too much money since we just got back from two long weekend trips. We keep telling him that next year, Disney World will be soooo much better because we had to skip a year. (We go every year)

We know he'll eventually figure it out but we are going to drag it out as long as we can.

We will be celebrating our 24th wedding anniversary during the trip and our son will be celebrating his 11th birthday on the trip. (He'll miss it by just a few days and our anniversary is on our 2nd full day there.)

I've had the castmember make a notation on our reservation that we are celebrating in hopes that they will do something special for us. But, if they don't, we won't be disappointed. When I made our ADR at Rose and Crown the castmember actually asked me if we were celebrating anything special during our trip, I told her yes and she took down all the information.

So, this cult member is planning a surprise trip and I can't wait to see the look on our son's face when he realizes where we are going.

Hello, you bunch o' crazy Disney kids!! I wanna join your group!!! I am a newbie to DIS..but not to Disney itself...dh and i are Disney freaks!!! now ds (13) is as insane about the mouse as we are...I cant tell you how many times we have gone, but it started when we got married 14 years ago for honeymoon:bride: ..and now go every couple of years...gotta get the Mouse fix, ya know??
I love the warmth of this thread and hope to learn anything new :love: and make some super-cool friends along the way!!:grouphug:
FYI our trip this time is oct 13th..& we are staying at Coronado...
:flower3:
kilini

I want to join in too!! We have been going through withdrawal.....we'll I have. My DH doesn't let it show but I think I have him addicted to Disney (finally got him to buy DVC). We haven't been since last New Year's and our next trip isn't until the end of September
(59 days). That's almost 9 months since we were there. Gee, I could of had a baby in that length of time princess:or pirate: ......only kidding honey:rotfl2: ...we will just take the grandkids:grouphug: .....

hello, my new "family"!!!i just met a new neighbor who is also planning a trip to the happiest place on earth..she knows about the dis-boards..but i was able to fill her in on green paint chips from home depot..green duct tape and the signal (meet the fockers-style)
thanks family!!:worship:
4everlovedisney..WELCOME TO YOU TOO!!:disrocks:

hello, my new "family"!!!i just met a new neighbor who is also planning a trip to the happiest place on earth..she knows about the dis-boards..but i was able to fill her in on green paint chips from home depot..green duct tape and the signal (meet the fockers-style)
thanks family!!:worship:
4everlovedisney..WELCOME TO YOU TOO!!:disrocks:
The signal????? Please, please share the signal! I need to be able to greet those that I have ditched my husband for :laughing: (no, not literally, just every single night we used to spend lounging together....now it's him, me, and the DIS!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter