Thoughts on Boatwright's

We really wanted to like this place as we love staying at the PO resorts...but we have given it a try twice and both times we were disappointed. The food is bland and both times someone's food came out cold. The servers were very attentive, but the food was just blah. We love the idea of what the menu offers, but every time we were underwhelmed. We decided to give it a second try, on New Year's Eve one year because we didn't want to fight the crowds in the parks and they were allowing walk-ups. When they found out our anniversary was the next day, they brought us a complimentary dessert and two glasses of champagne...that was the best part of the meal/experience.

I would go somewhere else...take a relaxing boat ride to Disney Springs and try something new! :)

the place was pretty empty, so we were surprised when the CM told us they were full and not taking walk-ins

1) They probably did have empty tables.
2) But, the waiters (aka: SERVERS) were not yet fully staffed.
3) There are staggered-shift start times for SERVERS.
4) Even if there are empty tables, they cannot be seated.
5) The UNION Contract specifies how many tables one SERVER can handle. *
6) Thus, the empty tables remain empty until more SERVERS arrive.
7) This applies at ALL table service eateries.

* If you have complaints, blame it on the Contract, not the eatery.

1) They probably did have empty tables.
2) But, the waiters (aka: SERVERS) were not yet fully staffed.
3) There are staggered-shift start times for SERVERS.
4) Even if there are empty tables, they cannot be seated.
5) The UNION Contract specifies how many tables one SERVER can handle. *
6) Thus, the empty tables remain empty until more SERVERS arrive.
7) This applies at ALL table service eateries.

* If you have complaints, blame it on the Contract, not the eatery.

Thanks for the info. From a business/union perspective that probably makes wonderful sense. From the perspective of a potential customer, it seemed slightly "goofy", LOL! If I wandered into Walmart and was turned away because not enough cashiers had showed up for work yet, I'd think the same thing. I suspect it is the restaurant's management, not union contracts, who is responsible for scheduling servers. So in this regard, I kind of do blame the eatery.

But all was well, a quick "boat-ride" to Disney Springs turned up a slew of restaurants without staffing issues.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter