• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thoughts on Lowball Offer

Having the seller pay dues and closing does not make it easier to pass ROFR in my experience.
Interesting - I would think they would look at the price per point but you think they just look at overall cost? No real experience here so I have no clue. But if they want the average price per point to remain steady I wouldn’t think the closing costs or maintenance fees would affect that in any way. So if I offered $65 per point it might not pass but if I offered $73 per point but had seller pay some of the dues etc then the sale would still show as $73 per point right?

I agree, but I think it is easier to do it incrementally. We have a few contracts now and are very surprised with how much we have spent on dvc altogether. There are a lot of people on these boards who have 1000+ points and I suspect more than anything they just love Disney. We seem to be inching closer to that number, and we are not high rollers. Lol. We have talked about buying other property, but it just seems exhausting. DVC is so easy.

I agree; something to be said about no physical maintenance!

Interesting - I would think they would look at the price per point but you think they just look at overall cost? No real experience here so I have no clue. But if they want the average price per point to remain steady I wouldn’t think the closing costs or maintenance fees would affect that in any way. So if I offered $65 per point it might not pass but if I offered $73 per point but had seller pay some of the dues etc then the sale would still show as $73 per point right?
They would be silly to look at it that way. They are too smart for that. If I were them I would get the total cost and divide the number of points. I had a few contracts bought back last year that should have been over their threshold but due to having seller pay closing and dues it was below and eventually bought back.

If seller pays dues and closing, that actually makes it cheaper for Disney. If buyer pays those, then Disney is on the hook for them if they ROFR a contract.

That's an oddly specific number of points. Also DVC really does not care how you structure your purchase, they'd never make someone break up a contract if they preferred it all in one place.

That has to be a guaranteed week, but nothing on the chart matches that number of points. The closest I see is a week 32 cabin, but that's a pretty random week and also only 926 points.

It must be a Grand Villa FW. They're just not on the chart.

Edit: Digging a little more and the GV FW points costs are 756, 810, 923, 1029, or 1417 depending on season so that's not either. I'm more interested in the story behind this contract than anything else.

My best guess is it's a Magic Season GV and someone fudged the number (was 936 points) but who knows.

I believe fixed weeks come at a point premium—i.e., slightly more points than the standard point chart. If the owner cancels the fixed week, then the full number of points purchased are available to use in the normal fashion.

I believe fixed weeks come at a point premium—i.e., slightly more points than the standard point chart. If the owner cancels the fixed week, then the full number of points purchased are available to use in the normal fashion.
That's correct, you must purchase 10% more points than the week normally cost on the first points chart and the FW uses up all 110% of those points, but it can be canceled and the full 110% points otherwise remain available for any other booking.

I was looking at resale contracts .... because that's apparently what you do after you already have a pending purchase... I don't understand it, but I'm going with the flow :)

Anyway, came across this:
https://www.fidelityresales.com/copper-creek-villas-cabins-disneys-wilderness-lodge/unit/5006756CVV 939 points!

I'm surprised DVC let someone buy that much without breaking it up. My first thought was, no way is anyone going to touch that. But... then I was thinking I wonder how low one could get it for.

I was thinking I'd be willing to buy it for $55 per point. It would be a hassle to have to rent all those points out every year (IMO), but at that price you could get around a 15% annual return (not factoring insurance, breakage, etc.).

I'd be interested to hear what others would be willing to pay for it.
IT will sell.
They all sell for the right price.
120 is do able on that contract
110 would be a steal in my opinion

Now shows as Sale Pending.... would love to know what price it went for.

Thinking about it some more, I could see a a group of close siblings going for something like that, and a bonus if it has a GW they liked.

Thinking about it some more, I could see a a group of close siblings going for something like that, and a bonus if it has a GW they liked.
Wgen I first saw that listing, the only thing I could think of was why the original buyer settled on 939 Points, and not 940 ! ? :rotfl2:

Hi pal, there is real value for someone who is going to keep DVC for a very long time on high point contracts
anything over 300 points is a real bargain.

Hi pal, there is real value for someone who is going to keep DVC for a very long time on high point contracts
anything over 300 points is a real bargain.

Hey there! :thumbsup2

Yeah, definitely... if you're sure you (or your family) will continue to use the points through the life of the contract (minus a few rental years here and there), and you know your group is going to need a lot of points... clearly the way to go is a larger contract. Negotiate a cheaper price, pay only one commission, and lock in your vacation price at today's dollars for the next 48 years!

I found a contract that has 235pts for $120. I offered $110 with them paying 2020 dues. Yes they do have points for this year but I figured the contract will not close till Dec if I got it and still have to use the points (Sept UY). They countered with $118 and that I pay for the 2020 dues. I am thinking about countering with $111 but them still paying the dues. I am hoping they them come down to $115. This is my magic number. But I still want them to pay the dues.

I found a contract that has 235pts for $120. I offered $110 with them paying 2020 dues. Yes they do have points for this year but I figured the contract will not close till Dec if I got it and still have to use the points (Sept UY). They countered with $118 and that I pay for the 2020 dues. I am thinking about countering with $111 but them still paying the dues. I am hoping they them come down to $115. This is my magic number. But I still want them to pay the dues.
What do you think of going with your bottom line and letting them know this is it?

Which resort is this? I would definitely push to have them pay 2020 dues, or lower the price by the dues amount. I agree with your logic. 2020 will be over by the time you have the points, and you'll be liable for 2021 dues at that point.

Just remind the broker that you know dues are based on calendar And not UY and therefore feel it should be covered this late into the year.

If $115 with them paying dues is your final price, just go in with that as final.

Which resort is this? I would definitely push to have them pay 2020 dues, or lower the price by the dues amount. I agree with your logic. 2020 will be over by the time you have the points, and you'll be liable for 2021 dues at that point.
Boardwalk

Just remind the broker that you know dues are based on calendar And not UY and therefore feel it should be covered this late into the year.

If $115 with them paying dues is your final price, just go in with that as final.
I might just do that tomorrow. And if it doesn't work out just wait for another contract to show up.

Boardwalk
I think I saw that you are also looking for Aug, Oct, or Sep UY? Not sure if you are are set on 235 as a number, but www.fidelityresales.com has several 200+ Boardwalk contracts with a September UY that you can probably negotiate to the price you want:
220 starting at $118/pt: https://www.fidelityresales.com/disneys-boardwalk-villas/unit/5008267
255 starting at $118/pt: https://www.fidelityresales.com/disneys-boardwalk-villas/unit/5006919
255 starting at $118/pt: https://www.fidelityresales.com/disneys-boardwalk-villas/unit/5006913

I think I saw that you are also looking for Aug, Oct, or Sep UY? Not sure if you are are set on 235 as a number, but www.fidelityresales.com has several 200+ Boardwalk contracts with a September UY that you can probably negotiate to the price you want:
220 starting at $118/pt: https://www.fidelityresales.com/disneys-boardwalk-villas/unit/5008267
255 starting at $118/pt: https://www.fidelityresales.com/disneys-boardwalk-villas/unit/5006919
255 starting at $118/pt: https://www.fidelityresales.com/disneys-boardwalk-villas/unit/5006913
Thanks. If the other contract does not go than I will message this one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter